***Online Dating Support Thread***

Congrats @kweenameena! WTG!

Wear a nice dress or a skirt. Nothing sessy to meet the moms and his family. No cleavage and nothing above the knee. None of that. Dont want them thinkin you fast. hehehe Dont forget to Smell nice too! lol

So happy for you!

Thanks DarkJoy!!
I took your advice and I wore this cute navy dress from The Limited. It was very conservative. I had to leave the dinner for his mom a bit early so that I could pick up my daughter. But he told me that immediately after I walked out the door his family kept talking about how much they liked me. And he kept saying to me "I knew it! I knew they'd like you. Everything between us just seems to fall into place naturally"
I think he's more excited than I am!
His family seems great and I love the fact that his parents are still together and they seem very happy and in love.:yep:

Yesterday I was feeling sooo dejected by this dating/finding a man thing.

I went out on a whim and messaged this guy then hid by profile. Didn't expect him to reply as guys rarely reply if you message first.

He messaged back and we messaged all day. He then asked to meet and gave me his number. I suggested a lunch time date - I refuse to waste anymore of my weekends/arrange babysitting on strangers.

He messaged me this morning and asked if I was available at lunchtime today. I said we could meet Thursday lunchtime. I got out of my meeting early today and on (another) whim I decided, what the heck and text him asking if he could still meet.

Anyway we met and had a lovely chat in Starbucks. He text me 2 hours later asking to see me at the weekend.

I hope it at least goes to a second date because I am tired of all these first dates turning into disappointments.

^if you accepted for the weekend then it is a 2nd date! Good luck

I have accepted 2nd dates before but the communication inbetween always turns sour. For example I went out with a guy last week and his texts afterwards were full of sexual innuendo. I asked him very nicely to stop. He apologised and continued anyway.

Had a guy just message me with "Do you have a few moments so we can get to no each other?"

yeah no.

Don't you just hate that. :nono:

Had a guy just message me with "Do you have a few moments so we can get to no each other?"

yeah no.

You know what ?:lachen::lachen::lachen: I see bad grammar in a professional office at times, so I won't hold it against a dude if he's cute or $$$$$.

And Heather's male search team wont return until later today. As of 2pm there were no updates or finds.:sad:

You know what ?:lachen::lachen::lachen: I see bad grammar in a professional office at times, so I won't hold it against a dude if he's cute or $$$$$.

And Heather's male search team wont return until later today. As of 2pm there were no updates or finds.:sad:

Omg that's so sad.......out of nowhere I have a surge of interest. I thought I closed my profile but it just have not gone through.......

Well he sin't that cute so no. But he deliberately put that because in his about me he has "if u want to no just ask...." repeated about 15 times.

I know we know that they exist.

OK so I just saw one of those no black women profiles. Usually the dude says it in a PC way but this one: "All other races of women are fine, but NO BLACK WOMEN. Way too many attitude issues with black women in general, so I'm gonna have to pass"

lolz

I know we know that they exist.

OK so I just saw one of those no black women profiles. Usually the dude says it in a PC way but this one: "All other races of women are fine, but NO BLACK WOMEN. Way too many attitude issues with black women in general, so I'm gonna have to pass"

lolz

Lol I see these all the time... DOES.NOT.MATTER.THE.RACE.OF.THE.MAN...
I can't lie, when I first started seeing them, it stung... Now I just laugh and keep it moving....

So I met a dude on POF last week who was looking for LTR and was attractive. We started chatting and he seemed cool, but something seemed off to me.

Well I decide to google him and don't you know SIX mugshot pictures popped up! :nono: He was arrested for:

"theft by taking", "deposit account fraud", "abandoment of child", "failure to appear in court", "violation of probation" (twice), and "giving false name".

His last arrest was June 2012.

And get this yall... he lied about his age. He told me he was 34yo, when he is 38yo. What was the point of lying?:perplexed I also found his facebook and he got pics of him with a gym bag full of cash and flossing his cars. How you gonna floss when you won't even pay your child support. Just disgusting!

Ladies...Google is your best friend! smh

^^Oh wow.
Yep thank goodness for Google. I once found out a guy's brother was a serial rapist in London. The guy i was talking to was so controlling, manipulated everything I said and told me both his children refuse to talk him. He had mentioned that he had a brother that was abit of an outcast.
Clearly he has his brothers traits.....

I just :nono: :nono: at the stories I hear about dating on and offline. It hurts to see so many black women wanting just to date and have fun with no such luck. When I read profiles i see tons of BLACK men writing color is not an issue but non-Black men write specifically NO BLACK WOMEN.:nono: :sad:

I became angry when I overheard three grown men over 35 laughing and chopping it up about going on dating websites just making FAKE profiles to mess with women.

Has anyone gone to POF meets and greets? I went to one and left early.

I just :nono: :nono: at the stories I hear about dating on and offline. It hurts to see so many black women wanting just to date and have fun with no such luck. When I read profiles i see tons of BLACK men writing color is not an issue but non-Black men write specifically NO BLACK WOMEN.:nono: :sad:

Once again, the quality of men on these dating sites are not up to par as we can see from this thread, so does it really matter if these crazy arse men don't want to date BW? LOL!

Girl just change your race to biracial even more crazy more will message you. :lol:

I've said before, bw should not be depending on online dating to get dates.please try to meet men irl as well. Online, bw must be patient and very strategic about how they make their profiles to get decent results. :look:

Girl just change your race to biracial even more crazy more will message you. :lol:

I've said before, bw should not be depending on online dating to get dates.please try to meet men irl as well. Online, bw must be patient and very strategic about how they make their profiles to get decent results. :look:

^^^imma do that as an experiment lushcoils when/if I decide to online date again. Lol! Not as something for real but as entertainment for a day. Would it really be that diff?

I've often thought of putting a fake blond ww profile just to see what happens to the other side! Not to talk but to see how many views/messages/quality of men.

Hmmm

^^^imma do that as an experiment @lushcoils when/if I decide to online date again. Lol! Not as something for real but as entertainment for a day. Would it really be that diff?

I've often thought of putting a fake blond ww profile just to see what happens to the other side! Not to talk but to see how many views/messages/quality of men.

Hmmm

Oh, there's a difference*. :look: Have fun!

*But if you're already exotical or as others believe intimidatly beautiful, you may not notice a difference.

I am exchanging some messages with some guys but they really don't pique my interest. I guess I should just wish them luck on their search or something.

FYI -Heather's sister is going through a tough time. And to make matters worse Heather's boss called her and stated that office can no longer hold Heather's position. She has fired Heather for abandonment. :nono:

No new information has been found. The P.I. day rates are 300.00 plus expenses with the discount. So this will ending for a while until money can be gathered.

SUPER SWEET said:
FYI -Heather's sister is going through a tough time. And to make matters worse Heather's boss called her and stated that office can no longer hold Heather's position. She has fired Heather for abandonment. :nono:

No new information has been found. The P.I. day rates are 300.00 plus expenses with the discount. So this will ending for a while until money can be gathered.

:nono:..........

... Mercy....:sad:

But they should just get a temp in to replace Heather OR even report her missing themselves. Don't employers have some kind of responsibility regarding welfare?

On the dating front I was told by my friend that I shouldn't put too much stock into online photos and profiles. Because when she first saw her now husband's facebook he sounded and looked like a caveman.

The guy she thinks that I should give a chance had a photo entitled "doing my ***** hood pose." Methinks that she is in a honeymoon phase (she got married to her opposite mate). At what point do I realize that I am hindering myself from something great vs lowering my standards.

But then reading how people got together, it seems like it was easy. I truly believe that if it is with the right person that there would not be so much questioning on my part. Lord I need help! haha

Back