***Online Dating Support Thread***

Sound like a POF kneegro. :rolleyes:

Probably messaged you something like, "heY betifull, i lik yoll smile. can i git 2 no u betta"

:nono:

Oh, how I love online dating. Great for humor.

POF is pretty bad but they got them on Match too. I recently had a 43 yr old message me with the subject line "Ur Hottttt" and the message was "whats up".
At first I was like :perplexed than I was :lol:

whats funny is its obvious a lot of them don't read thru the profiles. i only had 3 sentences. Then i had a big disclaimer saying my preference is men with HAIR!!:lol: i was married for years to a bald man, i like men with HAIR now..lol.
I swear every bald man on that site winked & emailed. Talking about your profile sounds like we would be a good match..wth!?. u bald!! :lachen:

whats funny is its obvious a lot of them don't read thru the profiles. i only had 3 sentences. Then i had a big disclaimer saying my preference is men with HAIR!!:lol: i was married for years to a bald man, i like men with HAIR now..lol.
I swear every bald man on that site winked & emailed. Talking about your profile sounds like we would be a good match..wth!?. u bald!! :lachen:

Yeah from my experience when you ask for something specific you always get the opposite. It happened to me plenty of times. I'm looking for a 27 year old; I get a 46 year old...

I remember reading something on google called online dating horror stories and this white woman posted an ad looking for a white man. So she gets intouch with one via email and they start talking. Everything goes well online and they decide to meet. Well when they meet up at the place they are at she doesn't get the wm she was looking for; instead it's a black man who introduces himself to her as the guy she was chatting with :blush::nono:! So she asks him the obvious question, "Sir I thought you were white." and he says, "Well I figured you wouldn't talk to me if you knew I was black."

Yeah from my experience when you ask for something specific you always get the opposite. It happened to me plenty of times. I'm looking for a 27 year old; I get a 46 year old...

I remember reading something on google called online dating horror stories and this white woman posted an ad looking for a white man. So she gets intouch with one via email and they start talking. Everything goes well online and they decide to meet. Well when they meet up at the place they are at she doesn't get the wm she was looking for; instead it's a black man who introduces himself to her as the guy she was chatting with :blush::nono:! So she asks him the obvious question, "Sir I thought you were white." and he says, "Well I figured you wouldn't talk to me if you knew I was black."

This is by far one of the DUMBEST things I've ever heard in my life.

yeh i cancelled my match after only 1 month..lol. Im waay to picky. i had over 200 winks & emails and maybe liked 1. I noticed that a couple guys i did like were not interested in Black women. They would have every ethnicity checked for their mate except for black..lol.

Same here! :lol:.... I've gotten soo many hits and have rejected all of them :lol:. I found 1 dude that I found attractive, and would def make some serious eye contact w/ if I saw when I was out. I reached out to him, he looked at my profile and did a straight drive by "hummm, nothing to see here folks" and kept it pushing :rofl: :lachen:.

Same here! :lol:.... I've gotten soo many hits and have rejected all of them :lol:. I found 1 dude that I found attractive, and would def make some serious eye contact w/ if I saw when I was out. I reached out to him, he looked at my profile and did a straight drive by "hummm, nothing to see here folks" and kept it pushing :rofl: :lachen:.

:lachen: me too. The 1 or 2 guys I did like & winked at or emailed looked at my profile and kept it moving.
and they def have their types. My cousin is on it too and we'd compare notes. Im cute & thin(108lbs). She's cute & thick(250lbs). There was this fine guy that i winked at, emailed and emailed again with no response. he looked at my profile & Nothing!. why did my cousin text me talking about ooh this Fione guy just winked & emailed me. she gave me his user name. Why was it him :lachen:

I'm so glad I found this thread! I am doing online dating for the first time in my life right now. It seems pretty dead that I am going to meet someone from school or just randomly in the city. I am having a lot of fun with it so far.

I have a profile on okcupid. I average between 80 and 120 views in a week (depending, I think, on whether or not my profile is featured on the home page). I get maybe four or five messages in a week, sometimes more, sometimes less.

Ok the first guy I met, we talked for a while and he started getting creepy and it creeped me out so I went home. Then he called me and badgered me for like 30 minutes on how I should let him come over. I didn't talk to him again after that (until I randomly ran into him several months later at my part time job, three months past the last time I had some penis and decided to sleep with him. It wasn't bad, I'll tell you that).

The second guy was my "practice" white guy, you could say, just to see what the experience would be like (this happened before the previous experience, I just met the first guy first). HE wasn't good, but I didn't let that sully my future outlook :lachen: he was in an open relationship at the time and shortly after we slept together, he and his girlfriend broke up and he started dropping all kinds of hints about how "my apartment is so great, you should come see it," "I went to a show today, we should go to some shows" and "we have an awesome pool and gym area, you could come use it" and I was like... no thanks.

The next guy, we texted a lot and it was very friendly, we didn't have much chemistry but I think I still would have gone out with him. Some people just aren't very verbose in messages was my rationale. When we had plans to meet up, he stood me up. Then, a couple months later, he messaged me online and completely overlooked the fact that he flaked on me like I wasn't supposed to notice or something... I was like, you must be out of your ****** mind if you think I'm going to pretend like what you did was okay.

Then I started chatting with another guy, and we clicked in that initial conversation, but then when some racial issues came up, he got really sensitive and crybabyish and stopped messaging me (he said he felt like nothing he could ever do would matter as far as showing he was anti-racist or whatever, but as far as I was concerned, he wasn't ready to date a black girl so I'm glad he ran off).

Then another guy I talked with online for a long time, he was 30 and VERY RELUCTANTLY revealed that he was living with his mom again. He had a bad attitude and would always want to argue with me and was one of those white guys who thought it was okay to make "black people" jokes. We had an argument once where we both said to the other person "I can see why you're single" :lachen: and then after we had tired out of arguing, he's like "I don't want this to change things between us" fool, please. He needs to not be trying to date anyone right now.

Now I have met a guy I really really really really like and I am very worried about messing it up. We chatted one night for a long time and it seemed to really click, our personalities seem very similar. We exchanged numbers and text a little throughout the day. However, we had plans to meet this weekend and he canceled at the last minute :( he said he wanted to reschedule... so I asked if he was sure because last minute cancellations seem to turn into forever cancellations, and if that was the case we didn't need to draw it out to get there. He said he was being truthful and wanted to reschedule for the next weekend. I texted him later asking how his "imaginary" thing went (that was the cause of him canceling) and he laughed and we talked a little more before I stopped responding.

I'm starting to feel like maybe he's just being polite. But I can't figure out why he'd waste his time if that were the case... I know that he rated my profile four or five stars when he first saw it because of the little quickmatch thing. I'm wondering if now that he knows I'm interested he's backing off or something... so I'm not going to text him all week :lachen: I don't know what else to do.

I deleted my okcupid profile a couple days ago, btw. I managed to meet a guy I really liked, and if it turns out he isn't interested then I don't feel like meeting a bunch of losers all over again. I will just occupy myself until someone finds me.

Ok so I reactivated POF I could figure out how to delete it.I believe this time around I'm not expecting a whole bunch so that takes off alot of pressure for me.I know my issue is I expect things to happen quickly I'm this way in life period,career,weight,men etc..so I will have fun maybe make a friend and won't look for a husband in 30 seconds.

Without going into too much detail, I had my first unpleasant online experience this week..its really making me second guess if I should continue with this..

Sent from my Sprint HTC Evo using Long Hair Care Forum App

I got board and reactivated my okc, this guy messaged me and I noticed on his profile he listed himself as 'black, white' even though he looked like a thousand percent black. So I asked him kind of jokingly, 'between me and you are you actually biracial?' and he's like, well, kind of, my mom is mixed.

I'm like... who does that?

:lachen::lachen::lachen: dnw

What are you ladies saying when you see a profile you think is nice.I feel I may be too direct or too guy like by saying oh I think your profile's nice compliment a feature nice smile or something and say hope you find what your seeking...is it not enough or too much.

I don't even send out messages anymore. In fact, I don't even browse profiles anymore. I pick and choose which messages I respond to and that's it now. except for random weekend nights when i'm drunk and will chat with anybody who ims me :lachen:

I don't even send out messages anymore. In fact, I don't even browse profiles anymore. I pick and choose which messages I respond to and that's it now. except for random weekend nights when i'm drunk and will chat with anybody who ims me :lachen:

LOL! I do that too! :lol:

Do you do a lot of poking and winking at persons your interested in or do you send emails to let them know you are interested.

Im very direct so I message them.I don't think there is any winking on pof.It seems ppl who message me aren't my cup of tea and I suppose that's whats going on when I message others.I so wish a nice guy would appear soon.Im tired of being rejected.

I think online dating is a lot easier. It's been my main source for dating. Just play it safe, keep your options open, listen to your gut, and have fun. The great thing about online dating is that if you don't give out too much info and you're not interested in the guy you can easily move on without having to deal with it. Blocking, deleting, and sending those dreaded "it's not going to work, but I had a great time" emails come in handy more often then you'd think. I hate to say that in person so it has always worked for me and you know some of them can get a little crazy when their feelings get hurt. That's when that block button comes in handy.:yep:

I just deleted my POF profile...which is something I did not want to do.

I decided that I want to take a break from dating...internet dating especially. I have gone on more dates that I can count on both hands, and I still haven't met anyone that wants or appreciates me. I don't want to go on or see another date for a little while,lol.

I wish I knew how to get quality consistent emails like the rest of you all. My pictures and profile content are fine (and have been checked many times).

Oh well. I have met one really nice guy from okc and one from POF. Both cute, nice, grad students who want to spend time with me. It did take me years to finally get a quality message and meet them off line. So I guess quality over quantity is my motto for now.

@dollface0023 I wish I could even get to the date level.I can''t even get consistent emails.But I know there must be numerous dudes who want to love you just as you are.

Girl, as pretty as you are...You shouldnt have a tough time finding a date.

Most of those men on there are lacking in a lot of things. I get dates alright, but with guy's that constantly bring up sex and NEVER want to take it to the next level.

I think a break for me is much needed. I'm too into finding someone, when I should just let him find me...

I wish I knew how to get quality consistent emails like the rest of you all. My pictures and profile content are fine (and have been checked many times).

Oh well. I have met one really nice guy from okc and one from POF. Both cute, nice, grad students who want to spend time with me. It did take me years to finally get a quality message and meet them off line. So I guess quality over quantity is my motto for now.

OKC sucks to me,lol.

I NEVER get emails on there. On POF, I get more action when I'm direct and email the men that I want on there (Which is something I hate doing since I'm so shy). If I sit around waiting for someone that I may be into to send me an email I probably would have never gotten dates...

you think pof is better than okc? i dont even know what types of guys are on pof in my area because they were asking too many irrelevant questions during registration and wouldnt let you skip them. i was like wtf i dont want to answer this nor do i think its relevant to finding someone to date. and they tried to force me to answer, lol. so i said *** pof and never actually got to see what they had to offer.

i like okc though, i don't have any problem getting messages there. but i will echo the quality/sex issue. i have had some good 'quality/consistent' messaging on there, but the guys i really liked all flaked out before it was time to meet irl. i seem to have trouble closing the deal, lol. im not sure what's up with that.

i dont message anyone because most of the time i dont get a response if i message first, unless i say something stupid. like there was one guy who only had one picture where you couldnt see his face and from his profile i thought i might know him irl so i messaged him and said 'are you that f8cking guy that i hate bc you sound like him.' but then when he sent me a picture where i could see his face, he was totally ugly and making a stupid expression lol. another time i messaged a guy and asked if he had gotten a new name bc i recognized his picture from an earlier message he sent me - that i didnt reply to - and he pretended not to understand even though it was obviously the same dude looking at my page from two different profiles. another time i gave a guy an 'award' for his profile because it was hilarious, and he messaged me back, but he was the guy i really really liked who, for some reason, decided he didnt want to meet irl anymore.

i have sent maybe 10 or less messages and those are the only times i remember getting a response. not counting three or four winks that got ignored too.

Girl, as pretty as you are...You shouldnt have a tough time finding a date.

Most of those men on there are lacking in a lot of things. I get dates alright, but with guy's that constantly bring up sex and NEVER want to take it to the next level.

I think a break for me is much needed. I'm too into finding someone, when I should just let him find me...

Ah thank you.I get hits but its from the grimlins that I have no interest in at all.Im direct like you about emailing folks and now I'm like I feel like the dude searching and waiting.And the rejection is a mess.Bc you can see on POF if they looked at your profile but then dont respond.

I will keep pushing out and not put my hopes up too high.

Back