***Online Dating Support Thread***

blue_flower said:
C is a nice guy too, but he told me doesn't cry or have feelings- are most military guys like that? He told me he was a sniper as well.
blue_flower
Agreed with the prev poster to believe him and how he won't be emotionally available to you. I actually think it could be worse! Imagine what happens when a trained killer finally blows up one day from holding that ish in for years? Its inevitable. Girrrrrlll....nuh uh. Run.

lushcoils

he said something about for his phone to put next to my number. if i give him a picture it will be based off of how well/not well this meet up will go tomorrow. idk yet though

Guys also do this when they're dating multiple women. It makes it easier for them to keep track when you call. If you already have your picture on your profile, don't send jack.

blue_flower
Agreed with the prev poster to believe him and how he won't be emotionally available to you. I actually think it could be worse! Imagine what happens when a trained killer finally blows up one day from holding that ish in for years? Its inevitable. Girrrrrlll....nuh uh. Run.

He did say in his profile that he likes shooting guns. . .

^^ see i never think about stuff like that. thanks and i wont. im showering up now getting ready to meet him. my hair is flat ironed but its too dang hot to have it down. i will pin it up and wear some shorts and flats. we'd planned for a lunch date but i had a big breakfast. we are going to meet at the mall instead. hopefully he is at least decent im running out of steam for anything less.

blue_flower....see? He's crazy. Wth? Deuces, bruh..

mallysmommy... good luck! Let us know how it went!
_____

Another one is out of the running. No car. Moving out of his apartment to rent a room. Wtf? I can't be hosting AND drivin this fool and his kid around.

'Broke up' with virginia. Dumbass. Was sick of the wack a55 poetry he kept sending! After I say its not gonna work he replies that he will hurry up and finish his PhD so I won't have to work...lawd...he's been quiet today. Gonna block him anyway.

Im back and he was just ok. He is intelligent and from what i can tell and from what he said he is very stable and secure. There was just no fizzle no pop no chemistry i guess. If there were ever time that i just wanna hang or go somewhere maybe ill call him. But i dont see us dating. Maybe hell grow on me. I saved his number

Capricorn is a habitual texter. The only thing he initiated was his first online message to me. I just called after I had to strongly hint that I don't like all this texting, he doesn't pick up and then texts to say hi. I'm done.
I swear men are single for different reason to women. They are weird and have no social skills.

i wish there was i way that i could show yall my texts. something is off about the principal my guy #1, i can't put my finger on it, i need a second opinion

mallysmommy: would be interesting! The ladies here are sharp and might find subtext you didn't see...

Bublin: perpetual texters are annoying. I try to get them on the phone asap
____
Speaking of, contacted by another ble collar brother. This one is parking enforcement. Glad the black men are finally coming through! I've been getting almost all white, latino, and east indians. In that order. 2 black dudes in a week is nothin short of miraculous!

I could tell he wasn't a typer kinda guy and was right. He asked for my number w/in a few okc exchanges. Said he will call this evening.

I will put up a POF profile tonight maybe.

well he already calls me "boo" and "baby" we haven't even met yet. i just googled his email address and a facebook profile popped with a pic that is not him and a name that is not the one he'd given me. its blocked so i can't snoop. should i just ask him whats up?

well he already calls me "boo" and "baby" we haven't even met yet. i just googled his email address and a facebook profile popped with a pic that is not him and a name that is not the one he'd given me. its blocked so i can't snoop. should i just ask him whats up?

Don't let on what you've found out. If you do he'll turn the tables on you. Just keep what you know as info/ammo. Or you could just see it as a red flag and move on.

^^^I would politely find a way to tell him to chill on the pet names.

As for the fb stuf, well I never give online dates I haven't met my full name or real email address because of the 'google' factor. Its just to protect from online stalkers, identity thieves and the like. I usually just give my nickname people call me irl.

I could esp see protecting identity for a school teacher/principal.

Maybe let it go until you meet. If he doesn't reveal himself then, then consider droppin him.

So, what's the point of contacting someone when it clearly says that I'm looking for something serious. If you're not why would u even waste my time? We had a good convo on the phone but, I haven't heard from him. He's a Gemini so he's probably wishy washy too. Oh well next. I have 6 messages, I didn't even bother to look at because I'm not attracted to any of them. Go figure!

SamandI said:
Guys also do this when they're dating multiple women. It makes it easier for them to keep track when you call. If you already have your picture on your profile, don't send jack.

And, some guys do it when they're passing your pic to friends. I had a guy do that to me a couple of months back and when I met his friends, they let it slip that the guy had sent them pics. I can't even lie, sometimes I do the same thing!

OK so Capricorn just called me. Yep he actually picked up the phone. He explained why he was texting and now I feel bad. Poor guy is mainly in the hosp because a close family member is extremely unwell. He was apologising profusely and wants to meet up.

a guy messaged me this:
"im a make you my girl with yo fine self lol"

then i read his profile and it said this:

"This site sucks I tried being nice but I guess that doesn't work I could care less on what you want to know about me cause 9 times out of 10 I don't want to know nothing about yo broke *** so yeah don't inbox me if you saying wassup? why did you move down here from missouri, do i like it in dallas if i didnt i wouldnt be here so yeah save yourself the waste of time "

#deletedandblocked.

I need to realize that just because I'm meeting someone at a restaurant that doesn't mean it's going to be an actual date. I met the robotics guy yesterday. He was nice and cheerful, but there was nothing about him I found appealing. As soon as he opened his mouth I had a strong hunch he was gay. He was very effeminate and a had a girly way of talking. I kept expecting him to say "Oh my gosh, Becky!!" at any moment. I kept thinking to myself why did he even bother. . .So we met a pizza restaurant- he had 2 beers and I had a diet coke. We talked, and that's it. Another one crossed off the list. So far he's the 2nd white guy I've met that I don't have anything in common with. I don't know.

In the meantime, T. and I are going to have dinner tonight and see the Dark Knight. I really like him, but I'm not sure how real this is until more time has gone by. In the meantime, I'm just going to do what I usually do.

alright so the guy who never texted or called back after he missed our 4pm date on tuesday texted me this morning saying:

"so i guess you just forgot abot little ol' me" and attached i guess what was supposed to be a sexy reminder pic idk

:perplexed:

i reminded him of what really happened which what i told yall and he responded with:
"you right that was on me. im sorry"

le sigh

then i texted the guy who got into the car accident to see if he was okay. he told me that his car was fixed but now he is broke. (mmkay) so i just responded with "It will be okay, just get one thing done at a time" he replied back with "no its not okay. i don't have any money to eat or to go to work"

............ um i didn't respond because i seriously dont know what to say without sounding like a heartless jerk..... :perplexed:

and i was supposed to go bowling today with the principal but i haven't heard from him all day. i texted to ask if we were still on and he hasnt responded back. which is fine because i really want to try this aphogee stuff on my hair today instead.

im just tired from all of this and will be giving it yet another break indefinitely. good luck to you all.

Last edited:
((hugs)) mallysmommy

I am over here really irritated from reading all the shenanigans you been dealing with.

You're so sweet, because 1st dude would have gotten his head chewed off for texting me like nothing happened. Infact, I had a straggler from my pof account earlier this yr try something similar. I must have told him about himself so badly! Then surprise surprise he wants to start acting rightm but we all know thats for a limited amount of time.

I'm single and I figure as long as I have bills to pay, I have no time to be worried about trying to find someone. He's gonna have to find me or its not meant to be. This online dating crap is draining and I cant waste my last ounce of give a damn. If I do sign up for a site again I'll stick to match.com because I cant with these broke fools on pof. At least I know dude has a credit card and can afford a online dating membership... sheesh!!!

Anyway, I digress, take a break from the bs and enjoy the rest of your summer!

^^^so fixing a car takes priority over eating and getting to work???

I think the fool is lying to be honest..but I'm an a-hole like that. Didn't his sister just die and hes worried about getting his car fixed? If you dont have food maybe cut off your cell phone and internet service. Bet he still on pof though..., idk doesnt add up. :spinning:

I'd tell that fool to take his fibs and fables and stick em up his a$$

I finally got rid of the guys in rotation that I wasn't feeling, yay!! I kind of miss my phone blowing up with texts all day though :look:

Guy #3 will now go by M since he's the only one left.

So M and I talk and or txt daily and see each other about once a week. We both have kids (he has primary custody, me and my ex split 50/50) so that limits our time together but this is exactly what I was looking for:yep:

The other guys would say they were cool with my limited time but then stress me out, call/txt asking to go out all the time. M and I are respectful of each other putting our kids first and fitting in time with each other when we can.

I unhid my profile on OKC just to see what was going on over there. I've gotten some messages but they are from young white guys (what is up with that?!) old white guys, and sorry black guys, lol.

I haven't heard back from R. since I saw him last Tuesday. Don't know what happened but I'm moving on. The black engineer I went to the museum with sent a text message the other day, which was deleted.

T. and I had a lovely time last night. When he said he wanted to take me out to dinner and movie, I thought we were going to go to Applebee's and a local theater. We actually went to this Portuguese restaurant and he had brought a bottle of wine. It was my first time having Portuguese food and wine. Then we saw the Dark Knight (which sucked but I didn't tell him that) at the Imax theater on the other side of town. Throughout the night he kept telling me he loved my smile and on the way to/from the imax theater he held my hand the entire time, so he was driving with one hand.

I can't remember the last time a guy every treated me so kindly. I like it but at the same time I'm wary. I'm thinking about unhiding my pof profile so that way I'm not just focused so much on this so far wonderful yet new guy in my life. Just in case. I think I saw T twice last week and he said he wants to see me all the time but Im going to cut it down to just once a week. Plus I want to learn more about him too as time goes by.

well, i guess yall have a new member. Just broke up with my long distance BF.
Plenty of fish here i come LOL... no seriously. I haven't been on one of those sites in a very very long time. But was browsing POF in my area and i think i may add my profile 2nite. just to see what happens

poochie167 said:
well, i guess yall have a new member. Just broke up with my long distance BF.
Plenty of fish here i come LOL... no seriously. I haven't been on one of those sites in a very very long time. But was browsing POF in my area and i think i may add my profile 2nite. just to see what happens

Sorry to hear about your break up :-(

so i put up a profile last nite on POF.
Lawd. I seem to be attracting these husky brothas.
Like Suge Knight type o-dudes LOL.

I don't know about that. something ain't right in the water

sooo the older guy is still around. the problem is i deleted my profile which had his name in one of the messages. smh lol :look: yall i have no idea what this man's name is lol.

We're texting and he tells me to google his name.

I google and find a pic with him and the caption reads "his TWO kids". TWO KIDS.

His profile says NO under kids AND I have a NO KIDS disclaimer in my profile.

He said he couldnt fix the error when making his profile.:rolleyes: *goodbye* How you gonna try to hide your TWO kids? If the website did make an error, you dont think you should list that in your profile??!!

TWO DAMN KIDS!

Back