***Online Dating Support Thread***

Can I tell yall PICTURES DO LIE! :nono: I wasted my breakfast time and some phone mins too!

You would think that in this day in age that a video upload of yourself would be mandatory just like pictures.

Are there any sites that you let you upload a video profile? I'm almost tempted to ask folks to send me a video message so I can weed them out immediately.

Take Guy 2 off the table. We were just chatting online and he admitted he was j*ck*** off while we were talking. And nothing sexual was being said!

What in the world?!?!

currently talking to a very handsome elementary school principal. i keep copying and pasting my messages into word for a spell check. i don't want him to think im a retard with my habitual "text-language" lol

So I decided to give online dating a 2nd chance. The last time I closed my account because I was disgusted with all the perverts and the last straw was when I received a message from a transvestite. Anyway.

#1: Today I just met this young Asian guy. We met at Starbucks and we talked for nearly an hour. He's very attractive, laidback, nice and easy to talk to. He said he'd like to see me again so I'll just wait and see what happens with that.

#2: Tuesday morning I'm supposed to have a brunch with this older East Indian guy. He's a neurologist or something.

#3: Today I was contacted by another East Indian guy. He says he's a physician.

I"m kind of surprised about being contacted lately by Asian men. But I'm also wondering if these older guys are married, although I wouldn't mind having a sugar daddy. What the hell. I'm still being contacted by white guys. One of them I had to block because he was whining about me not calling him. The others like to email and text a lot, but not much else. Not a lot of black guys contact me either. Just recently I was contacted by one who is a "post doc." Very handsome and well dressed.

That's it for now. No expectations when it comes to online dating.

Don't they though? :nono:

Dude was a disappointment.
He looked like Agent Oso, big,yellow and smelled like a bear!
I'm convinced there is a program that makes old pictures look modern.

You would think that in this day in age that a video upload of yourself would be mandatory just like pictures.

Are there any sites that you let you upload a video profile? I'm almost tempted to ask folks to send me a video message so I can weed them out immediately.
Can't you use skype or yahoo cam. The last fool that I got on cam with was fully nude.:nono:

CurlyMoo said:
UGH! What does it mean when you have gone on a date with a guy twice and he puts his profile back up.

I went out with him twice, his profile was hidden for a little while and I'm thinking cool mine is too so we are really liking each other. The last date was this past Sunday and he asked to see me again this weekend. I was waiting to hear from him by Wednesday to set up a date and time, but nada. So I contact him today with a text of Hi :). I got home and went to see if he put his profile back up, sure enough it's back up. I checked it this morning and it wasn't there. Why did he put it back up, especially after I text him today? Is he sending me a passive aggressive kiss off? :spinning:

Run! These are signs that he doesn't know what he wants.

I'm getting to the point where I can't be bothered with chatting on the phone before we meet. Just meet for a coffee.

So I am messaging this guy and I ask him what he is looking for.
He replies..........

"Well, I'd like us to be friends, then friends with benefits and then we see where it goes from there". :ohwell:

mhmnqyutc0_167592412.jpg

:sad::ohwell::nono::look::lol::lachen:

i felt all of those emotions when i saw this pic lol

Anyone try a craigslist personal? I did. Out of about 20 replies 2 seem serious. The rest just seemed to be lookin for quick coloring sessions.

Anyone try a craigslist personal? I did. Out of about 20 replies 2 seem serious. The rest just seemed to be lookin for quick coloring sessions.

If you've resorted to Craigslist, just throw in the towel on the whole online dating thingy. Have you SEEN those crazy ads on there?:lachen:

What do yall do with the ones who can't stop talking about themselves?...sometimes even rambling to the point where they never fully answered my initial question?

Ugh, I hate dating..I know all this stuff about him because he wont shutup and its dead silence when I'm waiting for him to ask me about ME.

And why wont guys just take the damn initiative? I had to tell a guy, "YOU tell me where we are going,etc..because YOU are the man". WTF, are they scared or something?

Thought I would give an update. So I'm not very good at getting rid of people because I hate to hurt anyones feelings. Guy 1 is still txting and msging me on the site after I told him I just don't have time in my life for him I should have been more direct, I know! Thought he would get the hint.

Guy 2 and I click, he's very sweet but his life isn't going anywhere. I'm not looking for marriage but cont on with him is pointless so I tried to gently let him down..still calling & txting me,arrgh.

Guy 3 and I had a nice lunch date, and have talked or txt'd daily. We are both divorced parents so it is hard to get time together. We finally had our second date and he made me dinner on my bday.

I had a lunch date scheduled the next day with a new guy but guy 3 invited me to lunch, so I cancelled the new guy & went out with him instead:grin:

I hid my pof profile for now, Ithought I could multidate but I'm not very good at it,lol
I'm just going to go with the flow on Guy 3...if it fizzles out then I'll get back on.

INNSMOM

See stories like this make me want to just go back to see. I decided to try okcupid again and like usual it was a fail. I deleted my profile for real. I gave this dude my email and after lameo conversations via email he messaged me "Hello Beautiful" However the dumb arse sent the email to me and some other girl. DUDE use the BCC on emails.

Dumb.

yaaaay! ice cream date with a very very cute 6' 6" insurance agent. it turns out he lives right up the street from me but i haven't mentioned where i lived yet.

@INNSMOM

See stories like this make me want to just go back to see. I decided to try okcupid again and like usual it was a fail. I deleted my profile for real. I gave this dude my email and after lameo conversations via email he messaged me "Hello Beautiful" However the dumb arse sent the email to me and some other girl. DUDE use the BCC on emails.

Dumb.

What??? :perplexed

:perplexed Um.... what kind of guy suggests we bring our kids along for a first date?

RossBoss--you was prolly right about that craigslist. lol. i never really looked it over before! And now this dude with the kids....

Ok so I decided to give online dating another chance for now. What do you ladies think of this..., I don't have my pic up on the site, my plan was going to be send the pic to interested individuals. So I msg this one guy and he msg me back. We start chatting and he ask for the pic. I must have been nervous because I could not figure out how to send the picture. Took me a while.

While I'm trying to send the pic he was still sending msg but stopped when I was not saying anything. Finally I sent the pic and went back to the chat. He was gone logged off. Now I'm feeling some kind of way because I don't know if he saw my pic and was like no he's good or he got busy. At least be courteous and say bye to me. I thought the pic was a pretty pic but everyone has their own opinion. I'm not sure I am strong enough to be taking rejections. It just makes me feel a bit down. I took my pic down cause I was running into men who I've seen on the site, one that even worked at my doctors office. Just made me feel awkward .

if you cant take rejection thats all the more reason to have your pic up. dudes will already know whether or not they think youre ugly/pretty, and if they dont like what they see, they can reject you without you ever knowing about it :yep:

I don't understand why men just dont pick up the phone and call. I am not texting you all day, every day when you can pick up the phone.

His dumb arse aint gonna get the hint though and won't realize he needs to CALL.

Men lie about their height like women lie about their weight.

How can you be 5'10 if I am looking directly in your face and I'm 5'3? *sigh*

Back