***Online Dating Support Thread***

HUH?????

Someone's profile write-up.............

i do joging when evr i can ! mixing with m kind of civilised opn minded people .cooking is best therapy as an ex chef .always want to learn more and willing ot offer back indeed ? busy with m son as i have to pick him up fromschool somtms ?

:look: I dated while I was seperated. Nobody had a problem with it. I wasn't going to wait a whole year before I could start getting out there (you must be separated a year in Canada before being granted a divorce).

Do I start dating him, getting to know him and 'wait and see' if and when the divorce comes through. Could be months, years. :ohwell: Should I not be thinking things through so seriously and just go with the flow?

As an update - he called me and practically begged me to give him a chance. He wants to see me again. I dunno. It's unfinished business.

UPDATE - I text him and politely told him to leave me alone. :yep: No way am I going to date a man that's still married and initially lied about it to boot. What was I thinking to even consider it. :nono:

Last edited:
ewww i just saw one of my managers from work on pof. i am laughing my butt off over here. he tried to hit on me once after my friend turned him down. shame

wtf?

"OMG!!! You are so Beautiful...I was wondering if you could assist me and paying my doctor bill..since you cause the injury...let me tell you what happen...I was browsing, and when i came to your page, not only did you turn my head, Woman you broke my neck...lol...Awwww my neck, my back, my neck and my back...lol..just teasing ya!!! but you look amazing..Your eyes are like looking at the sky, and the stars are your eyes...Amazing...Your HOTT, i need to put on some sunglasses, and sun tan lotion...Your sizzling, i can put your picture on a grill, and BAR-B-QUE....LOL..i know im a mess...as you can see im a comedian, love to mk people smile, and laugh...I just wanted to come to you different than the other guys...And say, you are a breath of fresh air, febreeze, aint got nothing on you.. :)"

HUH?????

Someone's profile write-up.............

i do joging when evr i can ! mixing with m kind of civilised opn minded people .cooking is best therapy as an ex chef .always want to learn more and willing ot offer back indeed ? busy with m son as i have to pick him up fromschool somtms ?

Omg they have children? Holy ish

wtf?

"OMG!!! You are so Beautiful...I was wondering if you could assist me and paying my doctor bill..since you cause the injury...let me tell you what happen...I was browsing, and when i came to your page, not only did you turn my head, Woman you broke my neck...lol...Awwww my neck, my back, my neck and my back...lol..just teasing ya!!! but you look amazing..Your eyes are like looking at the sky, and the stars are your eyes...Amazing...Your HOTT, i need to put on some sunglasses, and sun tan lotion...Your sizzling, i can put your picture on a grill, and BAR-B-QUE....LOL..i know im a mess...as you can see im a comedian, love to mk people smile, and laugh...I just wanted to come to you different than the other guys...And say, you are a breath of fresh air, febreeze, aint got nothing on you.. :)"

And the cheesy award goes to....

I'm saying @ this point we need to just post funny profiles and laugh at people.

@dannie i come across many unfortunately lol
what do yall think of this pic?

he said that it was a photoshoot. and im like ninja you are in someone's hallway #stopit! lol

i30jmyafqx_208685675.jpg

Also a message that says "hello" and that's it will not get a response from me.
I truly believe that all of the guys with their mouths clamped shut have jacked up teeth.

lol. if the guy is cute or has an interesting profile messages me with just "hello" or some crap then i'll just respond with "hi" some of them get the point and come back with a response with a little more substance, those who don't get deleted/ignored with the quickness.

anyways needless to say yes i am back on. i'm only doing pof for now. there are two guys who have caught me interest. One is from my hometown and so we have alot to talk about. the other is single dad who is a barber. we dont seem to have much in common but he is funny and reminds me of an ex :look:

picture.php

Well I'm actually looking for this guy who looks like MJ to contribute but I stumbled on this first.

Now sorry if this is somebody daddy, uncle or cousin...

but what grown man is posing in a damn mall photo I use to take in jr. high school w/ my girlfriends in modern times? No sir and that stach' has got to go. But what killed me inside was his dating preferences...

LIFESTYLE:
Smoke: No Way
Drink: Never
Income: Less Than $25,000
Relationship: Never Married, Divorced
Have kids: Yes, they sometimes live at home
Want kids: Definitely

BACKGROUND/VALUES:
Ethnicity: Black / African descent

Like, how do you decide you can only date a black, unemployed student who makes less than $25k but has a child already? Wtf?

But he does love the sisters, so let me stop....:look:

Last edited:
le sigh :spinning:

HELLO MY NAME IS ******* AND IM AN ASPIRATING RAP ARTIST AND COLLEGE STUDENT AND LOVER OF ALL THINGS DOPE. I ALSO love poetry music and cooking
im a college student with a wonderful 7 month old son
my aspirations after i finish college are to run my own record company and start up a mom and pop diner.
Im very outgoing i love to laugh and joke
im confident but not a**** jerk
im terribly shy
im open doors and pull out chairs for ladies
I LOVE MAKING WOMEN SMILE WITH OR WITHOUT MONEY
I LIVE FOR ROCK AND JAZZ AND BLUES GETTING INTO HIP HOP AS OF LATE

HELLO MY NAME IS ******* AND IM AN ASPIRATING RAP ARTIST AND COLLEGE STUDENT AND LOVER OF ALL THINGS DOPE. I ALSO love poetry music and cooking
my aspirations after i finish college are to run my own record company and start up a mom and pop diner.
im terribly shy

That's cue to run...like Angela Bassett as Tina Turner did across the freeway. Wish I could find that gif. And wtf, aspirating? It's aspiring, smdh. Bet anything he's going to school for "business" and/or "music".

Last edited:
I may be the weirdo but I approve. :yep:

It doesn't look like a model shot and I'm not sure what he gains by saying it is. He does look good, though, but I would want to see more of his face to be sure.

Something with dudes with animals in their profiles make me feel all warm inside, haha. But this dude's photo gives off a sense of "danger" (the snake is what did it), which I don't mind.

But girl, you know you're feeling him. You stop it! :lol:

@dannie i come across many unfortunately lol
what do yall think of this pic?

he said that it was a photoshoot. and im like ninja you are in someone's hallway #stopit! lol

i30jmyafqx_208685675.jpg

But is he the same person that wrote this? Personally, I would scrap him but I honestly don't see anything really wrong with his message.

im terribly shy

Last edited:
Hey, ya'll! This is my first time here on the relationships section. I read up to page 50 of this thread before I decided to post about my online dating ventures.

So there is this dating website that caters to university students (you need a school e-mail to sign up). It mostly consists of Ivy League and top public and private schools so the quality of the people is rather topnotch. It also makes it easier for me since I want to date someone of my educational level and ambitions.

I opened an account 2 months ago but only recently just started getting serious with it last week. To make a long story short, I'm having my first "date" next week. What is the first date etiquette? If I see him, do I shake his hand, hug him? He seems pretty straight-laced. He's 27 (I'm 21), Jewish, and just graduated from grad school and has a decent career. We also shared cell numbers and friended each other on facebook so I know he's a real person.

Also, how should I dress/look? (We're going for a drink). I rarely wear make-up. In my dating profile pics, I have no make-up. Most of my facebook pictures have little to no make-up. I like to dress down a lot so seeing me in cute dresses is a rarity, but I feel like I should make an effort for our first meeting even though all/most of the pictures he has seen of me is what I look like on the average day.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
picture.php

Well I'm actually looking for this guy who looks like MJ to contribute but I stumbled on this first.

Now sorry if this is somebody daddy, uncle or cousin...

but what grown man is posing in a damn mall photo I use to take in jr. high school w/ my girlfriends in modern times? No sir and that stach' has got to go. But what killed me inside was his dating preferences...

LIFESTYLE:
Smoke: No Way
Drink: Never
Income: Less Than $25,000
Relationship: Never Married, Divorced
Have kids: Yes, they sometimes live at home
Want kids: Definitely

BACKGROUND/VALUES:
Ethnicity: Black / African descent

Like, how do you decide you can only date a black, unemployed student who makes less than $25k but has a child already? Wtf?

But he does love the sisters, so let me stop....:look:

Sorry but..........:lachen::lachen::nono: @ the pic and profile. I agree, he is not a catch in anyway.

Here he is ladies!! MJ is back and ready to date online!

picture.php

picture.php

^^MJ in the studio

picture.php

Dont flood his inbox all at once :look:

Last edited:
Hey, ya'll! This is my first time here on the relationships section. I read up to page 50 of this thread before I decided to post about my online dating ventures.

So there is this dating website that caters to university students (you need a school e-mail to sign up). It mostly consists of Ivy League and top public and private schools so the quality of the people is rather topnotch. It also makes it easier for me since I want to date someone of my educational level and ambitions.

I opened an account 2 months ago but only recently just started getting serious with it last week. To make a long story short, I'm having my first "date" next week. What is the first date etiquette? If I see him, do I shake his hand, hug him? He seems pretty straight-laced. He's 27 (I'm 21), Jewish, and just graduated from grad school and has a decent career. We also shared cell numbers and friended each other on facebook so I know he's a real person.

Also, how should I dress/look? (We're going for a drink). I rarely wear make-up. In my dating profile pics, I have no make-up. Most of my facebook pictures have little to no make-up. I like to dress down a lot so seeing me in cute dresses is a rarity, but I feel like I should make an effort for our first meeting even though all/most of the pictures he has seen of me is what I look like on the average day.

Any thoughts?

I usually wear a nice top, jeans and heels. Hoop earrings. I dont wear make up either on a daily basis, but when I go out I put on powder, make sure my eyebrows are done, a bit of blush, eyeliner and mascara. You dont want to over do it like you re going to the club just for a drink but you do wanna look nice.

lol. if the guy is cute or has an interesting profile messages me with just "hello" or some crap then i'll just respond with "hi" some of them get the point and come back with a response with a little more substance, those who don't get deleted/ignored with the quickness.

anyways needless to say yes i am back on. i'm only doing pof for now. there are two guys who have caught me interest. One is from my hometown and so we have alot to talk about. the other is single dad who is a barber. we dont seem to have much in common but he is funny and reminds me of an ex :look:

I've already taken it back myself :look:. Guy did it recently. He is cute and I liked his profile so I responded.

So..a guy sent me a message saying he saw me at his damn job today. I dont like that. I keep deletin his messages and he recognized me from my profile pics.

Bublin said:
You need to block him. It's the only way to stop him sending messages.

U know what..i think i already did. I think he messed around n got another username. Same pics, different name.

ezina

I usually wear a long cotton dress once it gets hot (like it is now), jeans and a nice top or, if it's an after work drink (which I prefer), a pencil skirt and a fitted top tucked and heels.

I haven't been active in this thread (or the forum) much in the last 5 months, but things have been pretty good. I feel like I've been on a ridiculous amount of fairly good dates since June (and since switching from OkCupid to Match). There are so many smart, funny, driven, attractive and fit good guys in NYC. I didn't realize it before. In the end, it'll come down to chemistry.

I thought I'd met a guy I matched well with, but he smoked, was not athletic/active and... had a small penis. We'd spent almost everyday together for 3 weeks before I decided to be realistic and let him go.

When I first met the guy I like the most right now, I had on his sweats the majority of the time we were together. I'd cancelled our "date" b/c of developments with the guy above and after a long day of work (in a pencil skirt and tank), met him at his place with take out and changed into his sweats. Crazy, I know. But b/c I was already into someone, I was able to start getting to know this guy as friends, which turna out to be what I should've been doing from the beginning.

I had start talking to this guy a few months back but i had some other stuff going on. We haven't met in person but he seemed real nice and i guess i wasn't that into him. But he texted me today and we talked. I see him in a totally different light now. Im looking foward to our date.

in my expirience in online dating alot of time when i gave my number out to a man he either never called, or just texted all the time and eventually fell off the face of the earth. this time i am being more cautious as to who i give my number out to. i have a guy now asking for me number. i told him that i'd like to know more about him first and he responded with :

"not trying to scare you away, but I do like to be consistent if i'm trying to get to know
someone far as communications?"

this is a first :ohwell: i guess i could get like those dudes from that other thread and get a false number from google voice...hmmmm

Well ladies, I must report that guy1 and I are no more :nono: He didn't feel like it was going to go anywhere. I enjoyed spending time with him but didn't feel like I saw him enough to build a real connection. It had been like 2 months, so I guess it was enough time to decide whether or not to continue. He didn't say so, but I think maybe I still wasn't giving him enough attention, or not in the way that he would have liked. :ohwell: I'm sad it didn't work out, but I'm moving on.

Guy3 and I went out to Westfest last night...and we went to Dinkel's for doughnuts this morning :look:

I haven't really been on the OKC site much lately, so I know my views are probably low. Starting tonight I will get back on there and do my nightly "being seen" activities and start over again. Well, you know, except for guy3, who has turned out to be a surprising act in the circus :lol:. He has been consistently asking me out regularly, though I've been busy with work a lot lately so we don't always get to meet up. But he keeps asking, and we do get out about once a week or so. It still feels mostly friendly to me, but we have fun, so that's good enough for me right now...

Guy 1: Virgin Islands--Was up talking to a dude from OKC on the phone last night for THREE HOURS just laughing and being silly. This Never happens to me. I liked him and his voice right off. That accent did me no favors. lol. I do tend to be forward so asked him out for coffee sometime at the end of the conversation. We shall see.

Guy 2: Older White Dude: Met him 3 weeks ago and we get along but not intense sparks on my side. He is working in China for another week so wondering what will happen when he returns.

Guy 3: East Indian. He's out of the running. This is the 2nd Indian dude I've talked to who is all about pressuring me to go out. I don't like that. Yuck. Will find another Guy 3 soon, I think. lol!

Back