***Online Dating Support Thread***

Don't think that I am ready to date yet. I am on okcupid and rated this dude 4 stars well he just messaged me. "Great now I have to talk to him," is my first thought!

ugh. Maybe they aren't that interesting to me.

CurlyMoo- I wouldn't know what that means because I never hide my profile :lol: I keep it up & plan to keep doing it until there is a talk about exclusivity...that hasn't happened yet and the last guy I dated for almost a month was the longest ongoing exchange I had with someone I met online :look: I may not be the best person to answer this question :giggle:

Keshieshimmer- Maybe you are just not that into him LOLOLOL

@CurlyMoo- I wouldn't know what that means because I never hide my profile :lol: I keep it up & plan to keep doing it until there is a talk about exclusivity...that hasn't happened yet and the last guy I dated for almost a month was the longest ongoing exchange I had with someone I met online :look: I may not be the best person to answer this question :giggle:

@Keshieshimmer- Maybe you are just not that into him LOLOLOL

I took mine down because I want to end cyber dating. I don't like on-line dating. I didn't take it down for a guy in particular, and wouldn't do that because like you I don't believe in being exclusive until we talk about it. Well the dude hasn't called me so I'm moving on. I didn't like him like that anyhow. So I feel relieved actually.

okay how short is he? :ohwell:
5K65H65Jc3mf3F93Jec6m52e1579db5de1f31.jpg

^^^Why is he still holding his underwear in his hands while taking the pic? Ewww. I think that since he has his undies off, he kneeled down so that his peen would not show in the pic.

Ok, these online dudes are straight fooling :lol: First, I went out with the fine man who turned out to be mean, then tonight I got a message from a white dude lecturing me about how I shouldn't consider race (white guys aren't listed in my preferences) & it seems that since I am single and in my thirties, maybe something with black guys isn't working out :shocked: I was too through...I sent him a very diplomatic message that basically told him he was a jerk LOL I was tempted to let him have it, but I didn't want to be the stereotype of an angry black woman :lachen::lachen:

Ok, these online dudes are straight fooling :lol: First, I went out with the fine man who turned out to be mean, then tonight I got a message from a white dude lecturing me about how I shouldn't consider race (white guys aren't listed in my preferences) & it seems that since I am single and in my thirties, maybe something with black guys isn't working out :shocked: I was too through...I sent him a very diplomatic message that basically told him he was a jerk LOL I was tempted to let him have it, but I didn't want to be the stereotype of an angry black woman :lachen::lachen:

:dighole::dighole::dighole::dighole:

he probably reading them Black women empowerment blogs :giggle:

:lol: @ y'all giving this manlet the benefit of the doubt. based off of his tiny T-Rex arms, his wingspan looks to be about 59''. dood is 5''2 at the most.

OMG you guys are so silly :rofl:

I don't think I'm cut out for this online dating thing...I find that I don't "shine through" in message and I can't get a good feel for his personality either. All I wanna do is ask him out for coffee or get him to call me instead (even though I know better :drunk:). I don't think I'm really even feeling any of these guys but I'll give it a shot.

@kweenameena Congrats! How long have you been dating him?

applecak718 Girl not long at all. He hit me up like a day or 2 after I reopened my OKC account.
There's just something about whatever we have between us that's just easy.
But I'm a believer that love can be real this early. But I'm also a realist, so we'll see.:look:
So far.....I'm still floating on my cloud.

Did the mutha flucka turn our movie and dinner into...come over so we can watch a movie on tv and I can give you a massage.....WHAT THE HAYLE! I'm done....

Sigh...I went hard on this online dating for 3 months then got tired of the foolishness and haven't been back for 6 months. Maybe now that I barely even care it may work out better.

Met an Indian dude from OKC. First date the other day was great! This morning was 2nd date and we met to go on a nature walk.

He pulled my shirt out to look down inside. Then started to comment on my bra! I said, dude--WTF? He said he just wanted to see--they seem so nice.

I said: That's a deal breaker and walked off a really great trail back to my car. WTF is wrong with dudes?

DarkJoy said:
Met an Indian dude from OKC. First date the other day was great! This morning was 2nd date and we met to go on a nature walk.

He pulled my shirt out to look down inside. Then started to comment on my bra! I said, dude--WTF? He said he just wanted to see--they seem so nice.

I said: That's a deal breaker and walked off a really great trail back to my car. WTF is wrong with dudes?

What the heck.....who thinks that's cute....ugh....Mr. come over for a massage spent all day trying to convince me that he "forgot" about our date and I jumped to conclusions because I've been "messed over" by other dudes............:lachen:

What the heck.....who thinks that's cute....ugh....Mr. come over for a massage spent all day trying to convince me that he "forgot" about our date and I jumped to conclusions because I've been "messed over" by other dudes............:lachen:

aw man. theyve been pulling that one on me since high school whenever i called out the foolishness :rofl: man! the game really dont change, do it???

Oh no LilMissSunshine5! Please share what happened when you are ready. You got support here!

Oh, and this was nothing compared to my date last Thursday, which wasn't someone I met online but maybe I'll tell the story later anyway...when I'm not feeling so annoyed.

Just wanted to share a little gem I found on OK... I was howling when I came upon this profile:

My self-summary
A while back, I used to be a graduate student in the Department of Computer Sciences at the University of Texas at Austin. I was a key member of the Knowledge Systems Research Group headed by Bruce Porter. My research interests include question-answering, knowledge representation and reasoning, natural language processing, and machine learning. I was a key contributor to the Halo and Machine Reading projects. My dissertation studied methods at addressing the problem faced by users in using unfamiliar knowledge bases to answer questions. During this time, I built the ASKME research prototype, which is an integral component to support question-answering in Project Halo. External evaluations have shown the work to make significant progress towards helping users use unfamiliar knowledge bases to answer questions.

What I’m doing with my life
After graduation, I joined IBM Research to work on extending the capabilities of the Watson question-answering system. I contributed to a computational resource of common sense knowledge to help Watson answer questions. In particular, I investigated methods that learn to extract knowledge from text, a key requirement for the Watson system. Recently, the Watson system was showcased on national television by competing as a contestant on the Jeopardy! game-show.

The first things people usually notice about me

my goofy smile

Omgosh I wish i could post the picture that came along with this profile. He was NOT lying about that goofy smile....wooooh

I finally decided to hit up POF and Okcupid after following his thread and listening to a friend. He has found a girl that he really likes from pof...Anyway I just signed up a couple days ago on both sites and there are some guys who got in contact with me. Some I am interested in. I hope this online dating experience goes well for me.

ok so im browsing okc and im struck by the nerve of some dude to just list on his profile single/no kids/car/job... LITERALLY as if nothing else about him matters other than these four qualities. omg... talk about your no standards... "i have no kids and a job and a car, clearly im a catch... what more could you need to know?" :nono: :lol:

Back