***Online Dating Support Thread***

one of the guys that i chatted with but never met in my last bout of online dating contacted me today,a week after falling off the face of the earth. he wanted to know how my weekend was and blazay blazay then asked if he could have another pic besides the one that i sent him a week ago.
i told him no and if he wanted to "see" me all he had to do was meet up with me.
he replied back with a date for tomorrow after church....:look:

you mean to tell me thats all that i had to do? :spinning: men suck lol

Am I silly for being stunned at the number of guys who say they are interested in casual sex on their profiles? Lord. :barf:

:/ I am also trying the online thing, and up until recently it was going good. Met alot of guys. most way too young. One wht guy that I've been talking to on the phone, but not really sure. But there's this really cute blk guy that was kinda stalking me, finally I said something and we started communicating. He has 3 kids and is divorced. I don't have any kids, so I told him that I sometimes feel mixed emotions about it and asked him how he felt about dating women who've never had kids or been married, if that's what they want.

It's been 4 days and no reply, he's been on once since then and for like an hour, plenty of time to reply. So I guess that's my answer. I'm a little pissed, why not at least say something, it's just rude. I'm feeling bad :(

Any experts, how do I lift my spirits?

Belle Creole your beauitful,intelligent,a great catch,you have depth about you don't allow some dude who should be happy he even got a reply from you get you down boo. He isn't seeking anything worthwhile and it's a blessing he didn't waste your time. You have no kids and unless you want to be a stepmother you don't need that in your life..your too pretty for that honey.

I got the biggest laughs last night looking at craigs list. Oh that was so many wrong on that site. I just finally exited the screen bc that can't be life. Comparing that to pof,pof is the biz..sad.

Thank you GoddessMaker! It all came out of nowhere really. I was having a great time...anyway not going back into that :)

I thank you for refocusing my thoughts. That's what I needed. SMH. Have you found your boo online yet?

Hugs to you

I got the biggest laughs last night looking at craigs list. Oh that was so many wrong on that site. I just finally exited the screen bc that can't be life. Comparing that to pof,pof is the biz..sad.

Craigslist is a trip, I've heard people have found a match there though, don't know how...I'd be scared

Belle Creole No I haven't been spotted by a boo yet but I'm ok with that. Things of excellence take time. I know he is out there somewhere it's just a matter of time for paths to cross.

Focus on being the beauty you are and don't settle for anything less than what you deserve. It's not being picky but it's being protective of what is important:YOU!

You are 100% right! And thank you again. This drives home the importance of having a large network of women friends.

I think I have to do some inner work, I'm going to go through the Calling in The One Course.

I'll come back and keep everyone updated with my online dating progress :)

:/ I am also trying the online thing, and up until recently it was going good. Met alot of guys. most way too young. One wht guy that I've been talking to on the phone, but not really sure. But there's this really cute blk guy that was kinda stalking me, finally I said something and we started communicating. He has 3 kids and is divorced. I don't have any kids, so I told him that I sometimes feel mixed emotions about it and asked him how he felt about dating women who've never had kids or been married, if that's what they want.

It's been 4 days and no reply, he's been on once since then and for like an hour, plenty of time to reply. So I guess that's my answer. I'm a little pissed, why not at least say something, it's just rude. I'm feeling bad :(

WOW! You deserve an answer. So...be happy he didnt waste your time! Please don't entertain him if he comes back around.

you cut to the heart of his character- you should be proud of yourself.

today i decided i aint taking NO MORE b.s. NO MORE. i'm tired.

You want to laugh I got this message from a dude on pof..I was laughing seriously hard.

greetings darling ; u are gorgeous ; i would like to know you and be your friend..I just can't no bueno lmao

why they keep lying about their height and using pics that are 10 yrs old???

a guy i've seen out twice at a bar (who my friend was interested in), has his height at 6'4. IRL he's about 5'11. 6 max. why lie?
met up with a guy from a site who looks like 29 in his pics. IRL he looked like 45.
i feel so deflated.

Well I just created an account on OKC and I got a couple of ratings and some messaging but no dice yet. There are 2 men ( 1 White, 1 Hispanic) that sends me a few messages but it's sporadic and I'm not enticed yet. Althought the thought of rating someone's looks is uncomfortable for me, I did receive a few 4/5 star ratings (which is so flattering) from men who are HOT. I immediately got deflated that I didn't receive a message from them though. What's that about? Maybe my profile is too boring, LOL. Ah well..I have a lot to learn about online dating. Debating whether to open a POF account but the horror stories you're telling here has me leery...

WOW! You deserve an answer. So...be happy he didnt waste your time! Please don't entertain him if he comes back around.

you cut to the heart of his character- you should be proud of yourself.

today i decided i aint taking NO MORE b.s. NO MORE. i'm tired.

Thank you, I think I did cut to the heart of his character, very good point.

Big hug to you...You ladies are second to none.

Welp, I made a POF fish account. I'm moving to Seattle next month and I wanted to see how some of the men in the area are. So far no weird emails, except the one guy who sent a copy paste. You can tell it was one because he asked me if age was an issue with me...when in fact we are both the same age.

In typical fashion, I get responses from older white men or the Slim Shady types lol.
And of course...I got the um...different ones.

LOL at his title though *blank stare*
http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=36203469.htm

Belle Creole said:

I thought I was the only one. I keep finding myself chating with guys who seems to be soooo interested in getting to know me....then all of sudden one day, they dissappear! It reallly discourages me and makes me want to throw in the towel.

I heard my exH has an account!! Lol. I hope he has better luck this time around:-)
I done with online for awhile. If I get a msg I check but im going back to old fashion dating lol

I thought you ladies were being dramatic about men with foot fetishes online, but someone just asked me to send him a picture of my feet. I can't!!!

EricaJoyce said:
I thought you ladies were being dramatic about men with foot fetishes online, but someone just asked me to send him a picture of my feet. I can't!!!

:lachen:

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Damnit! Nice convo with a cute boy and he spills the beans...He's bi. Aint nothin wrong with that! Live your life but it's hard enough competing with women I don't wanna compete with the fellas too!

Okay, so I'm trying this online dating thing again. This time I"m trying OkCupid. Since I've put up pictures, I've been getting respones. I'll wait and see how this goes.

this dood is 25, i think, and he types cool with a 'K' and endz wordz with a 'Z'. he's joking, right?:look:

I just put up an OKC...I'll probably only keep it up for like 3 days before I get paranoid about having my face seen!

Back