***Online Dating Support Thread***

SUPER SWEET said:
My age group is AWFULLLLLLLLL. You hear me AWFUL. There are a lot of hurt men online.Many trying to start life over completely. :nono: I recently met a battered and bruised man. He is so scared of getting taken for $$$ again. He is ballin in dough though. :lol:

I agree....I'm about to close up shop....the ones that I have actually.had a conversation with, that goes halfway decent....they drag their feet. It don't tale weeks of talking set a date or time to go out......u keep telling me you loved the conversations, I'm so pretty, but I barely hear from u.....I don't have time for games. It's so disheartening.......

The guys in my age group look at least 10 years older than me. I'm sooo not attracted to them. They remind me of my Dad.
The younger ones in the looks department are more my type but they are just looking to play.

I am trying to play cool but I like this guy. He comes off very attentive. I know I like him bc I went out to call him to make sure he did not oversleep for work (he works nights and has been waking up to close to work time). Looking forward to tomorrow.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Ok so I opened an account on POF and this is one of the messages I got

Jamal your heart + my heart = good lovin. my life × your life = a lifetime together. The √ of my life - you in my life = my heart broke

Am I expected to reply to that?

There has to be something better out there for me.

^^ what in the world? tell him no and then to try again lol.

i have a date tonight. i usually dont like dinner movie dates, but think like a man is playing and we both wanted to see it. this guy is okay, his pics don't do much for me so i am hoping that he looks a bit better irl or has a personality to make up for it. we have a lot in common. (we both like the tv shows seinfeld and frasier) we shall see.

I won't be able to see friend til Monday :sad:...I think the universe is up to something bc something always comes up.

I am a little more patient with him considering the fact he has not been to sleep yet, I don't want him to fall asleep on the road (I know I wouldn't do that myself.

When I told him that I work on Monday he said that he might come tomorrow and again on Monday. He has to handle business here in my city which is why he is trying to come on certain days to avoid having to make more than one trip.

Continuing to keep options open for sure.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

So...his profile says to 'ask' about his occupation (which i hate but I've decided to be on POF just for laughs)
He messaged me with an interest so I asked.

He actually said he was a dead beat :ohwell:, works as a cabbie. Then goes on an on about our star signs and then adds that he has had 2 Southern Comforts and it's crazy that he is going so deep into things on a first message.

NEXT. :drunk:

le sigh....i just don't trust men AT ALL! i may be tripping but i can't help it. for whatever reason he was not able to get his ticket so he called asking could i buy him one and he'll reimburse me. if you know my history with men then you would give him the side eye as well. negro owes now me $11.50 and i haven't even met him yet. he'd better show up.

/end rant

le sigh....i just don't trust men AT ALL! i may be tripping but i can't help it. for whatever reason he was not able to get his ticket so he called asking could i buy him one and he'll reimburse me. if you know my history with men then you would give him the side eye as well. negro owes now me $11.50 and i haven't even met him yet. he'd better show up.

/end rant

:nono: I wouldn't have paid for his ticket. No Sir. I want to know what his reason was and then say I was strapped for cash and couldn't pay. He broke then I'm broke - that's my new way of dealing with 'wallet games'.

You have paid now so just see how it goes.

MizzBrown I will entertain you.

I am replying to the foolishness for entertainment - probably get myself banned soon.

Someone called Slickrick (who would Rather Not Say if he has children, has picks posing like Will Smith in MIB), messaged me with just 'helloq'. Yes that is a spelling mistake.

I messaged him back saying, 'Aw, that was too slick for me, rick.' Dry, but I think it's funny. :look:

Bublin said:
:nono: I wouldn't have paid for his ticket. No Sir. I want to know what his reason was and then say I was strapped for cash and couldn't pay. He broke then I'm broke - that's my new way of dealing with 'wallet games'.

You have paid now so just see how it goes.

Exactly. I would have said I could only afford my way.

mallysmommy said:

/end rant

if he asks you to buy his ticket why would you even still WANT to see him?!?! let alone buy it!!! :lol: banish him!!!!

well i feel dumb....dangit yall im new to this stuff lol. well its paid for....we shall see how it goes.
Don't you ever open your wallet or purse or bra to a dude for nothing..unless you are receiving money. I can speak to this bc I did this when I was younger buying a negro dinner or lunch bus fare all that ish..nope dude if you don't have it then you don't have it and when can chat some other time..I will not spend my hard earned money on no man..its hard but you deserve a dude who is at least willing to do something to get those dollars legally.

/end rant

Also, why are you buying your ticket? That was your first warning sign.

why just the one face pic? are you a large girl?
And i see you got n/a for your profession. does that mean you are stripper or something like that?

:rofl:

guys on POF are so much more upfront than guys on OKC.:lachen:

:nono: I refused to believe men are raised to behave this HORRIBLE way. But I will say when I was home I heard a mom in her 60's tell her son NOT TO PAY for a woman. I was like um so he should continue to give you all the check huh? :lol: She said "yea I birth him." :perplexed And I kindly let her know that she would be the one......Buckin him. NEVERMIND.

Mama's wanting their sons to treat them how the man who impregnanted them should have treated them.

I see soooooooooo many selfishly raised men. :nono:

It's really bad how in this day in age that women have to wonder if the guy gonna pull the don't have money or "let's go dutch".

Men will only do what we allow them but they have gotten lazy and whenever I have dialogue about these topic with men I always let them know that as a whole the ball is being dropped. Most decent guys do not let a woman pay for anything.

O-ren yes i do know smh.

Well I’m back from the date...and at the end of the date he asked for me to text him when i got home. i did and believe that it will be my last text to him. Besides the whole "buy me ticket" debacle, he was also 15 minutes late, even though he told me that he lived only 2 miles away from the theater. i had just got finished fighting some traffic so when you add everything together i was a bit irritated by the time he made it there. After saying hi, he did reimburse me for the ticket. It cost $11.50 but he gave me $22 and urged me to keep it. i did no protest lol. i got a better look at him and i was correct about him not looking all that great. Average at best with some crooked teeth that he kept trying to hide, but hey, I’m not shallow. lol
the movie was great yall. After almost 10 years of horrible Tyler Perry and td jake movies i was worried for this movie, but it turned out great. i am not a Kevin hart fan but he truly had my side hurting from laughing so much. p.s. Megan good is a terrible actress lol.

Overall the date was blah. i don't know if it was because i was tired or irritated from earlier but i felt no chemistry at all. He didn't do much talking and i was too busy looking at other dudes. lol like i said, i won’t be contacting him any longer, and i have deleted my profile.

mallysmommy why are you deleting your profile? Don't let one dud stop you looking. It's just another lesson learned.

Remember don't take it personally, treat it as fun and the right guy could turn up.

So in his messages he tells me that he helps run the famiy business (34 years old) blah blah blah.

We exchange numbers.

Helps run the family business = (in his own words) I work on the till with my brother. I don't do anything else, I have a sad life really. I live at home with my parents, I don't have to wash, cook clean or anything, I just come home really. Times are hard and I don't even pay them rent or anything. The wages I get from my parents is pocket money really.

I said I had to go do something and ended the conversation.

He text and said I sounded vey nice. I text back saying that I don't think anything is going to happen between us and good luck.

He text back and said he guessed that when he said he lived at home (er, and the rest, he sounded like an 15 year old). He added - don't forget I will do anything for you in bed and I'm very good with my tongue and my 8 inch. :nono::blush::ohwell::lachen:

I didn't reply
NEXT.

Last edited:
@O-ren yes i do know smh.

Well I’m back from the date...and at the end of the date he asked for me to text him when i got home. i did and believe that it will be my last text to him. Besides the whole "buy me ticket" debacle, he was also 15 minutes late, even though he told me that he lived only 2 miles away from the theater. i had just got finished fighting some traffic so when you add everything together i was a bit irritated by the time he made it there. After saying hi, he did reimburse me for the ticket. It cost $11.50 but he gave me $22 and urged me to keep it. i did no protest lol. i got a better look at him and i was correct about him not looking all that great. Average at best with some crooked teeth that he kept trying to hide, but hey, I’m not shallow. lol
the movie was great yall. After almost 10 years of horrible Tyler Perry and td jake movies i was worried for this movie, but it turned out great. i am not a Kevin hart fan but he truly had my side hurting from laughing so much. p.s. Megan good is a terrible actress lol.

Overall the date was blah. i don't know if it was because i was tired or irritated from earlier but i felt no chemistry at all. He didn't do much talking and i was too busy looking at other dudes. lol like i said, i won’t be contacting him any longer, and i have deleted my profile.

Sorry to squeeze the life out of this one but you mean he gave you coins??? The guy couldn't even round it up to $25 (I'm assuming you have $5 note in the US)

lushcoils no. we grabbed a bite to eat also, but it was so blah i didn't even mention it.
Bublin i didn't delete it because of him, i'm just tired of online dating. you would think that online dating would be more direct sans all of the mind games, but in my expiriences ive dealt with more nonsense online. i mean once you get pass all of the idiots and their dumb messages and find someone to talk to...they usually never follow through, or disappear. they act like they are scared to meet or call you. and most seem to only want to hook up.

He text back and said he guessed that when he said he lived at home (er, and the rest, he sounded like an 15 year old). He added - don't forget I will do anything for you in bed and I'm very good with my tongue and my 8 inch. :nono::blush::ohwell::lachen:

apparently kangs are always good in bed. I mean what else is there for them to do :rolleyes:

Sorry to squeeze the life out of this one but you mean he gave you coins??? The guy couldn't even round it up to $25 (I'm assuming you have $5 note in the US)

lol we have single bills but you're right. I was gonna say dude owes her a dollar. (11.50 x 2)

mallysmommy on to the next girl.

Back