***Online Dating Support Thread***

So I was told about an event today but not given an address :/ just the street. So I asked for the address and was told I didn't need it, I would find the place. Now, um not even from here and this is "event" is in a whole nother town. I might not even go tbh. It starts at noon and I am still in bed.

Bublin said:
So in his messages he tells me that he helps run the famiy business (34 years old) blah blah blah.

We exchange numbers.

Helps run the family business = (in his own words) I work on the till with my brother. I don't do anything else, I have a sad life really. I live at home with my parents, I don't have to wash, cook clean or anything, I just come home really. Times are hard and I don't even pay them rent or anything. The wages I get from my parents is pocket money really.

I said I had to go do something and ended the conversation.

He text and said I sounded vey nice. I text back saying that I don't think anything is going to happen between us and good luck.

He text back and said he guessed that when he said he lived at home (er, and the rest, he sounded like an 15 year old). He added - don't forget I will do anything for you in bed and I'm very good with my tongue and my 8 inch. :nono::blush::ohwell::lachen:

I didn't reply
NEXT.

Hell, he shoulda led with that :). Tell him to send pics!!!! :lachen:

These men are a trip.

tropical-punch, im sorry to hear that. cheer up!:o

one of the men who i said fell off the face of the earth texted me last night asking how my weekend was. this is the same guy who twice already has skipped out on actually calling me. we had been texting for almost 2 weeks, when i asked if we could talk on the phone, he said later on that night but never called. i got a text the next day talking about how busy he was and that he was sorry. i texted him for two more days after that then asked again and he said the same thing, later on that night...that was on thursday. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I'm officially done with the online thing. much luck to all you ladies i'll be around for updates :grin:

me:
i prefer not to talk about sexual things with a guy until i've actually met them.

dood:

I agree, but according to your message, you make it sound like you don't take your clothes off befor sex. this tells me that the guy does it for you. (i'm assuming you're not a virgin). If you are, then your statement makes more sense otherwise. In other words, If two people are going to have sex, there has to be stripping cause you can't have sex with your clothes on.
just saying.

p.s. You seem kind of sensitive and shy. Am i right?

me:
slightly sensitive though not really shy. what gives you that impression?

dood:
you seem hesitant to talk about sex. That tells me you're shy and cautious. It's not a bad thing, I'm just not into shy girls. I don't really care for 'overagressive girls' but I like girls who are not afraid to talk about personal stuff. Cause then it seems like she is not very confident in herself and perhaps she has something to hide as well.

me:
o

dood:
you seem turned off now. I would like to still talk to you if i'm wrong about my assumptions. so If you want to keep talking, give me your number. I'm done talking on pof. take care otherwise.
why do i entertain this nonsense? oh yeah, i'm bored and it's just so much fun.:lachen:

Oasis said:
why do i entertain this nonsense? oh yeah, i'm bored and it's just so much fun.:lachen:

Exactly :lol;

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I decided to browse profiles on OKC last night just for kicks. I deleted my pictures so I don't get messages and don't expect them.

Well, one of the dudes most have saw that I checked him out and sent a message early this morning. I was all set to respond until I actually read all of his profile.

The deets:
1. 34
2. Works as a sales professional at a home improvement store
3. Currently enrolled in school working on a BS in Socially and a minor in Biology/Political Science :huh:
4. Enjoys playing play station during his free time. Hopes that a prospective girlfriend doesn't mind.

Yeah dude, I'm going to pass.

Ok Ladies,

I just wanted to drop in and say that I "met" a guy on Linkedin. I know I took a break from dating but this just kinda happened.

Sidenote: Ladies, make sure your profile pic is cute and start connecting with the menfolk. And after they add you to their networks...make sure you send them a little note that says "Thanks for the connection or I'm looking forward to networking with you in the future". Hopefully they'll take the reigns from there.

But back to my story.....
So our conversation started off strictly professional about a job and then his conversation got really friendly.
He seemed cool and somehow we started talking about how he grew up in church, funny pastors, and Christianity.

Well then he texts me and says:
HIM: "so....do you fornicate?"
ME: "Ummm...no, not anymore."
HIM: "Well, I do"
ME: "Ummmm....ok. Well have fun with that homie."
HIM: "So if I was your man and I wanted it, would you give it to me"
ME: "Nope, because I wouldn't get into a relationship with someone that isn't like-minded in that area."
HIM: "Oh...that sucks. Well I gotta go to the gym, bye."

And that was pretty much that. No, I haven't heard from him. I kinda expected that.

Back to lurking I go......

went out with my first guy from POF. he spent the entire date talking about his experiences on POF. he is apparently homophobic, said my hair was ''crazy and poofy'', is not bothered by the fact that he is a jerk, seems to even think it's funny, and looks nothing like his pictures. shortest date i've ever been on because he abruptly said he was going home to take a nap and then texted me when he got home saying he was safely home.:perplexed:lachen: idgaf son!

i'm srsly bout to give up, y'all.:nono:

Last edited:
^^It see that site as more of a "hookup" site. This is just my observation based on my browsing and experiences a few of my acquaintances have had.

^^It see that site as more of a "hookup" site. This is just my observation based on my browsing and experiences a few of my acquaintances have had.

Ok, thanks. A male friend referred me to it to meet nice men. I guess that's where he's meeting his two-night stands:lol:.

okay so i haven't heard from dude in a week or so, and haven't seen him in 3 weeks! i figured he's not interested. i logged on to the site, changed my profile pic, and as soon as i did that i get a txt from him "hey how have you been" then i noticed he was online, too. really? you weren't concerned with how i was until you saw that my profile is now active again.

i dont get it.

I have a lot to say (well not really) but I am going to wait...

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

laCriolla said:
okay so i haven't heard from dude in a week or so, and haven't seen him in 3 weeks! i figured he's not interested. i logged on to the site, changed my profile pic, and as soon as i did that i get a txt from him "hey how have you been" then i noticed he was online, too. really? you weren't concerned with how i was until you saw that my profile is now active again.

i dont get it.

I wouldn't even reply.

Imma just keep supporting yall. I'm here for yall cause I'm giving up on the online dates. The men in my age group are either ugly,out of shape,arrogant,dreamers or liars.:ohwell:

I haven't really been on pof but last week a guy hit me up and we been msg back n forth. Yesterday, I was thinking we should swap numbers; he seem cool. Well, today I took my son to the barbershop and guess who wants in.....Mr. POF LOL. Im looking dumb founded like I kno that face lol. He walks up to me and introduces himself and we laugh bc we both recognize each other.....I gave him my number so we will see what happens.....

My son barber has a crush on me and was trying to say im PIMP....lol I was like damn stop hating:-) His barbers is in his 40'S so u can understand why he is hating lol

I want to try this one more time. I really want to be optimistic. I think coupling this with feeling better about me I will at least get a friend not a homie lover friend either.

Back