***Online Dating Support Thread***

mallysmommy Trouble is I don't even attract the ones who just want a laugh. I'm getting the narcissists, the arrogant, the controlling types. They are draining me and for some reason i am attracting them.

This thread had really moved since I resigned from online ”dating”. I was meeting way too many guys but none of real quality so I let it go. Just when I'm tempted to revisit I come back into this thread. Somebody post a good story!

so the new cutie that i've met on pof and i exchanged numbers. i had to work the graveyard shift and he went out with his cousins. i asked that if he wasn't too busy to keep me company via text since i knew we both were going to be up.

i think he is drunk texting me now. none of his texts are making any sense lol smh

Last edited:
I received this message:

"Hey, would you have phone sex with me or at least keep me company on the phone while I do it? thanks."

Crazy from okcupid.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

He is attractive...but I normally don't gravitate towards those types for some reason. I was recently approached by a guy with eyes like that lol.

i don't either. i don't find the Michael Ealy type to be attractive at all. i love me some brown eyed cuties.:love:

however, a Michael Ealy just messaged me on POF:look::duck: and he is super cute. i may have to rethink my position.

Oasis said:
i don't either. i don't find the Michael Ealy type to be attractive at all. i love me some brown eyed cuties.:love:

however, a Michael Ealy just messaged me on POF:look::duck: and he is super cute. i may have to rethink my position.

I feel you...they are attractive but don't do it for me. I learned that some of pretty boys are wrapped up in nice packages but underneath it's a big mess! For some reason I have been getting more action from yellow guys recently. I am not picky though, I don't have a preference but the pretty ones don't have me like damn!

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I feel you...they are attractive but don't do it for me. I learned that some of pretty boys are wrapped up in nice packages but underneath it's a big mess! For some reason I have been getting more action from yellow guys recently. I am not picky though, I don't have a preference but the pretty ones don't have me like damn!

Who are you describing as 'yellow'? Would that be a mixed-raced person, a black person with a light complexion, or an Albino person (ie the reggae performer Yellow Man).

Bublin said:
Who are you describing as 'yellow'? Would that be a mixed-raced person, a black person with a light complexion, or an Albino person (ie the reggae performer Yellow Man).

Light skin...I call them yellow or red.

Edited to add: describing complexion not race.

A woman that I work with and some people that I know personally and by 6 degrees of separation are all on dating sites, myself included. I listen to how they talk about coloring with these men, having only known them for a few weeks and it makes me realize how and why the men that I meet on many of these sites are so "ready". All of the situations have seemed to so contrite, from their terms of endearment to their multiple requests for pics. It always seems to boil down to sex. These women make it harder for women who are really looking for relationships, because so many of these men think that these sites are the new Craig's List.

Sometimes I wish that I was one of those, "just go out for a meal" kinda gals because then my expectations would be low and my disappointments would not be so high.

Can't believe we talked that long :look:

This man sent me a message. He seemed like a good catch until...
Screen%20Shot%202012-04-15%20at%206.08.15%20PM.png

Umm... I'm obviously black, so I don't understand.

This man sent me a message. He seemed like a good catch until...
Screen%20Shot%202012-04-15%20at%206.08.15%20PM.png

Umm... I'm obviously black, so I don't understand.

i got messaged by a few white guys that said they'd ''strongly prefer" their partner to be the same race.:perplexed

Is it me or is it annoying when white guys message you and has to state how much they love black girls? It's such a turn off to me because I don't wanna be anyone's fetish. Why can't they just say I'm attracted to you not your color. Another thing that annoys me are men that just doesn't put any thought into their message. I can't stand when they message me with just 'hi' that pretty much just tells me either the guy is lazy or not serious.

So I've been invited to a function this weekend. Why do I have such anxiety and fear? I think its because I prefer one on one rather than groups.

Over a week ago i text this guy and told him that we wouldn't be meeting before we at least had a quick telephone chat and to let me know when he is free to chat. He has yet to call me. Every 2 days he sends a text saying hi or good morning.....huh???

is a man being busy a turn on?:ohwell: so many guys online claim to be super busy, i guess thinking it's going to make pannies wet. does it?

if you're super busy it means you won't have time for me and i'm not interested in anyone that doesn't have time for me.

is a man being busy a turn on?:ohwell: so many guys online claim to be super busy, i guess thinking it's going to make pannies wet. does it?

if you're super busy it means you won't have time for me and i'm not interested in anyone that doesn't have time for me.

I think guys like when girls are super busy and they assume we fill the same way. i like for a guy to have his own life, i don't want someone all up under me all the time, but I don't want someone who is super super busy. Like obsessed with their job busy.

I think guys like when girls are super busy and they assume we fill the same way. i like for a guy to have his own life, i don't want someone all up under me all the time, but I don't want someone who is super super busy. Like obsessed with their job busy.
I agree and think both sides do it apparently. My friend said why some girls sound like a bunch of bragging rappers on their profiles. I got this, that, and the other. He was like most dudes are like do you look good and will you stress me out the least is mainly what guys are looking for.

well, yeah, i wasn't saying i need to be all up under a guy at all times and vice versa. but working 80 hours a week? only being about to talk once or twice a week for short periods? naw, that's not gonna work for me.:nono: my sex drive is too high for that ****.

For once can I get one cute guy to message me like see me and oh wow she is swell let me message her.I'm not ugly damn..ok a bit salty right now.

My age group is AWFULLLLLLLLL. You hear me AWFUL. There are a lot of hurt men online.Many trying to start life over completely. :nono: I recently met a battered and bruised man. He is so scared of getting taken for $$$ again. He is ballin in dough though. :lol:

Back