***Online Dating Support Thread***

I been stopped responding to that bs, I could tell after the second message that he was on some other ****.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

So this white guy messaged me this:

"Hello my name is Ross. I liked your profile. I had a curious queestion..is it true what they say about black guys size?>"

I am going to message him back that the question is inappropriate but since he asked, yes it is true and it is way bigger than white guys (just to be a smart ***)....

Now the fool messaged me back saying:

"I am sorry, I know it is. I was trying to figure out how I compared to them. Like what is the biggest black you have had." :nono:

This guy was on OK Cupid and I ignored him after that. How about he sent me another message on POF asking if where he has seen me before...Stalker. I am not responding to him.

Would it be wrong to include something along the lines of please be gainfully employed and not live at home with mommy and daddy on my online profiles? Lol. I don't want to come off a certain way but it can be frustrating to be at a certain level both personally and professionally but to receive many messages from men who think it's cool to drive a 30k car but live in the bedroom next to their parents'. One guy even told me how his dad and him have an understanding/signal when it comes to the son entertaining female company in his bedroom :$

jsmile7 said:
Would it be wrong to include something along the lines of please be gainfully employed and not live at home with mommy and daddy on my online profiles? Lol. I don't want to come off a certain way but it can be frustrating to be at a certain level both personally and professionally but to receive many messages from men who think it's cool to drive a 30k car but live in the bedroom next to their parents'. One guy even told me how his dad and him have an understanding/signal when it comes to the son entertaining female company in his bedroom :$

There is nothing wrong with that. It should be automatic tbh.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Alright ya'll.....I'm taking a break from online dating..well actually dating in general. It's been interesting but I don't think it's my season to be in a relationship.

I'm just going to spend some time dating God.
Unless he sends a fione, Christian man my way that he has handpicked for me.:lick::yep:

But I will be lurking in this thread so keep the updates coming.

@kweenameena what happened you had so many potentials..I was living my dreams through you you can't just stop..but I def understand.
GoddessMaker
Girl, I know. But all of those potentials were just potential disasters waiting to happen.:nono: Noneof them were truly for me.

I've been working on getting my spiritual health/my faith back in order and dating has become a distraction. God had been tugging on me to leave dating alone for awhile so I decided to go ahead and listen.

kweenameena

I definitely respect that. I took about six months to clear my head and get back in my own. I'm not really looking but potentials are popping up naturally.

Another potential in the making... Why my potentials stay at least an hr away.

So the date yesterday was dumb, like I expected lol.

So the other guy. I really like him so far! We've talked on the phone for the past few days for like 2 hrs each time lol. He is verrrry good at holding a conversation! I am not used to that at all....that is a verrrry good quality to have when talking to me, cuz I can be awkward at times lol. And he has awesome stories! And he goes to bed at a reasonable time and doesn't call/text at ungodly hours. And he's a senior in college with a job (well, a paid internship...that's even better IMO lol)! :yay: lol And he doesn't like clubs/hanging out late like me. And he has joint ailments like me lol. And he's just an old-age-acting young person like me! :lol: Oh, and he cooks (unlike me lol)!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I drove back to school today (3hrs) and we were texting before I left and he said "text me when you get back so I can know that you made it home safely? :)" awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! lol And he doesn't use shorthand when he texts! ....................I do, though :look: lol

And we're already making plans to meet in person and he said he's willing to travel cuz he really wants to meet me. yay! :)

Anyway. I've started skyping with this new guy. He seems really cool, too.

Slight annoyance: why do I always seem to attract baby voiced niccas? -_- I mean what?? You're 6 feet, strong jaw, other masculine facial features........and you sound like jigga what?? Did the testosterone not reach your larynx? *sigh* whatever.

This dude is starting to drive me nuts. Always saying something about me having other guys. 1. We are not exclusive so I can do what I want. 2. You know what you need to do if you think I'll slip away.

@qchelle
Your post made me think of him
tumblr_lrsg05MDaO1r03ni1o1_400.gif

i am seriously cutting and pasting these lol

4/11/2012 6:37:22 PM

Hi, im a single dad from chicago. I moved here give months ago. Im looking for someone I can talk to. I have a four year old son. I hope the fact that I have a child dont eliminate me. His mom left when he was one. Its been all me. Please respond. Its getting lonely

4/11/2012 7:41:36 PM

Guess you're not interested. You looked but no reply

4/11/2012 9:49:16 PM

It would be nice to get to know you

Not offensive just a bit extra for my taste. I mean I have no obligation to contact you. But the kid for me would have turned me off since the kid is young. But if you not feeling him mallysmommy I wouldn't reply.

Online and me sigh I have my accounts open but nothing comes in. I guess it may be the end of me on them. I refuse to go to paid sites since I'm not balling. I think I'm just going to enjoy my friend and call it a day.

Bublin oh i didn't mean they were offensive just a bit over the top for someone who is not respsonding to him. he sounds a little "touched" to me. he wouldve been fine had he not mentioned the "lonely" part. made him sound needy and desparate which i am not interested in.

i'm seeing alot of guys get angry that i view their profiles but don't respond. is there an obligation to respond after reading a profile. i mean obviously i saw something that i didn't like why confront me about that. besides all it would do is further push me away from you.....you nutty man you lol

I wouldn't respond to copy and paste depressing messages lacking basic proper apostrophes, capitalization, and subject-verb agreement either. :lol: Why would anyone encourage this? C'mon ladies! We can do better.

lol ok im done after this one

"I'm a southern gentleman love to eat hang out go to the movies
love thick women. I promise not to tell a lie I'm a special kind
A man that is hard to find I wanna be everthing that you need
And I promise yes I promise Baby
To be there for you baby"

Back