***Online Dating Support Thread***

Have yall ever texted/emailed/messaged someone then when you heard their voice...:nono:
OMG....this man sounds...um, feminine...I sound shallow as hell, but his voice :giggle:

Have yall ever texted/emailed/messaged someone then when you heard their voice...:nono:
OMG....this man sounds...um, feminine...I sound shallow as hell, but his voice :giggle:
:lachen::lachen: Yep. Then I knew he had lied about his age by about 10 years. He had an older man's speech and sound. He claimed 42 I knew he was 52. I just was bored that night and felt like talkin junk.:lol:

laCriolla, unfortunately, it doesn't sound like this guy is serious enough in getting to know you. I think some guys just like the companionship, hate their jobs and want a distraction to pass the time (hence the texting all day), and some also just like taking a pretty lady out to dinner... His eyes can feast on you for the few hours you are hanging out, and then that's it. This sounds very very recreational for him:ohwell:

@laCriolla, unfortunately, it doesn't sound like this guy is serious enough in getting to know you. I think some guys just like the companionship, hate their jobs and want a distraction to pass the time (hence the texting all day), and some also just like taking a pretty lady out to dinner... His eyes can feast on you for the few hours you are hanging out, and then that's it. This sounds very very recreational for him:ohwell:

That's well stated. I am so grateful that I didn't jump in feet first this time and kept an eye on him. I know it would've been worse had I approached this one like I used to (before i read that book)

I have some really nice messages from very attractive guys just sitting in my inbox. *sigh* When am I gonna respond to them? *twiddles thumbs* lol

I have some really nice messages from very attractive guys just sitting in my inbox. *sigh* When am I gonna respond to them? *twiddles thumbs* lol

im still jsut staring at your siggy trying to figure it out.

*stares*

:look:

eta: oh its a condom. i didnt see the caption. i was thinking it was a mouse pad. i didnt get the joke then. :look:

im still jsut staring at your siggy trying to figure it out.

*stares*

:look:

eta: oh its a condom. i didnt see the caption. i was thinking it was a mouse pad. i didnt get the joke then. :look:

:lol: It's a McDonalds condom wrapper. So, McCondom, McMan? Get it yet? :lol:

virgos are i wanna say hyper-sexualized---the men r no joke--there is no way one can be with a virgo man and not entertain physical contact--it is a must for them

we hide it well though....its all good on to the next one--im sure he will prob sniff back arounddd...lol

Wanting a kiss on the second date is being hypersexualized?

Ok.

crlsweetie912 said:

Yeah and I question his sexuality

I like him :yep:.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

we have been talking for 3 months. first date was in december. does that change things? :perplexed

I just don't think he's really all that into you as you may be in to him. When men truly want you and see a potential future with you they don't leave you guessing on what their intentions are. Before the three month mark I was at girlfriend status. Hell that was shortly after a month of talking. Move on and don't waste no more of your time with this dude.

Ladies. Reassure me I'm not overreacting by cutting dude off. I haven't heard from him for almost 2 days which is unusual considering we used to communicate daily.

Ladies. Reassure me I'm not overreacting by cutting dude off. I haven't heard from him for almost 2 days which is unusual considering we used to communicate daily.

What is the nature of your relationship? If you are not committed to eachother I would not necessarily cut him off if it was me. I can understand why it threw you off though. Did you tell him anything or you just cutting ties since you haven't heard from him?

So new friend is suppose to be in my city Saturday bc he is going to the racetrack. I am busy on Saturday bc my line sister's baby shower is that day. I told him that I will be busy. We may not meet up bc that is girl time. If I am not tired afterwards or whatever Ill meet up:ohwell:.

But he did tell me he hasn't been on POF since we started communicating...That may be a good sign...

tropical-punch said:
Perhaps I should focus on other things in my life aside from dating

Ive been feeling the same way...Ive been giving this dating thing so much effort that when it doesnt work in my favor, I have to deal with a ton of disappointment...and frankly, I dont need that...
Unsubscribed from match and BPM...will try this dating thing again in the fall..

Sent from my Sprint HTC EVO using LHCF

ALERT***DALLAS***ALERT***POF***ALERT

This guy, Donald who lives in Desoto, is actually 41!

We talked, via phone and text, for over a month. Found out we attended the same big church (different services) and graduated from the same high school.

Met him for dinner after work and when I started asking questions about who he knew from our high school and what teachers did he have, he then decided to confess! He also said that he lied because he wants to date younger women.

You ain't got to lie to kick it!

Did I have a clue before? A little. Something about him seemed off and when we first met I thought he wasn't aging well. Shame on me anyway cuz 31 is out of my age range too!

I just had to share.

Attachments

• image-227900020.jpg
    image-227900020.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 114
tinkat said:
What is the nature of your relationship? If you are not committed to eachother I would not necessarily cut him off if it was me. I can understand why it threw you off though. Did you tell him anything or you just cutting ties since you haven't heard from him?

we were just talking. im not telling him. im just going ghost.

I have a date with Mr. Spiritual tonight but I don't really wanna go. He always catches me when I'm PMSing. His timing is really wack. I'd rather go to spa world:ohwell:

UPDATE:
I went on my date with Mr. Spiritual. I wore a black fitted dress that was a bit off the shoulder, black heels and a black clutch. I wore my hair sleek and straight and I was feeling awfully cute and regal:look:

He took me to the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in DC. For those that don't know....this place is pretty ritzy. We had drinks in their lobby area before dinner. It's such a cute atmosphere. It reminds you of a 1940s movie with the live jazz band, warm lighting, and well-dress patrons. I loved it.
Then we had dinner at a restaurant in the hotel. The food was AMAZING!! We also had a beautiful view of the city. Our conversation was very engaging and familiar. After dinner...we sat and talked in the beautiful garden outside of the lobby while listening to more jazz. The date was wonderful. He did pay for everything and I'm sure he spent a pretty penny. We ended the date on a high note. He gave me the biggest hug and told me he couldn't wait to see me again.

The next morning. I texted him and said told him that I enjoyed our date.

He responded: Morning. I enjoyed it as well. Now it's your turn.

Ummm....What the heck does that mean?
For some reason, I think it means now it's my turn to take him out. Am I overthinking this? I didn't respond to the text.

I asked my bff and she thinks it means the same thing.
I swear....he just muffed up a good date by sending that comment.:nono:

The next morning. I texted him and said told him that I enjoyed our date.

He responded: Morning. I enjoyed it as well. Now it's your turn.

Ummm....What the heck does that mean?
For some reason, I think it means now it's my turn to take him out. Am I overthinking this? I didn't respond to the text.

I asked my bff and she thinks it means the same thing.
I swear....he just muffed up a good date by sending that comment.:nono:

UM WHAT?

Either he's asking you to take him out or he wants you to cook a meal to make up for the "pretty penny"..I mena Ive heard that DC dudes are obnoxious but this is ridiculous :nono:

Back