***Online Dating Support Thread***

This guy has texted me 3 more times......
"I hope our first conversation didn't put you off?" Ummm really....HAYEL yeah it did....:nono:
I think I am closing my accounts....

:lol::lol: I see you're in Baltimore, too. Is this guy from OKC? Are you using a Baltimore zip code?

:lol::lol: I see you're in Baltimore, too. Is this guy from OKC? Are you using a Baltimore zip code?

qchelle I NEVER get any messages from OKC, NEVER! I think I have had three since I have been on there and I was on there before any other site.....Maybe I should revamp my profile.....This guy was from POF....

This guy has texted me 3 more times......
"I hope our first conversation didn't put you off?" Ummm really....HAYEL yeah it did....:nono:
I think I am closing my accounts....

I closed my OKC account last night. All of my other accounts are hidden as well.

I've been getting way to many crazies and weirdos. I also have this thing about my pictures being out there. When someone really creepy messages me, I envision them saving my pictures (and others) on their personal PC to do... things with them.

I'm thinking of taking my profile off again for a longer time frame on okc and deleting it on POF. Maybe online isn't the way for me. I do so much online I just figured a boo would be a cinch to get online. But it's ok. I may come back in the summer.

@O-ren
Nothing. My plans have changed and I just broke it off. It was just too much. It is so much I want to do and Im open to just dating and living life for a bit. He understood and it was long distance anyway. We are still friends.

Im try to stay off of online for a while. I wanna go back to the old fashion way of meeting men....LOL

Last edited:
A much needed date tomorrow. Blah. he's ok looking, has a babyface and seems nice. i just need to go out and have someone swoon over my fabulousness lol.

Update when i get back!

This dude messaged me and said I am franchise material...da hell????

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Who can decifer this mess?....on some guys profile

Am polite person i dnt like trouble maker when i get drunk i like to enjoyed life loughing cherming be over the moon some people they like trouble when they get drunk and other people they be have when they get drunk i like to going in holiday defferent country mix with deffrent culture i dnt who you are white black chinese and other am human been naturel to listen what you need if have i will give you if i dnt have im gonna i dnt have depend what the prblem were its easy i like swiming but i dnt how to swim peace n love one love one heart bless by al da be best thats why am thats me i like to me a woman talking cherming we make convation get to know each other you have to know me i have to know is well

Am polite person i dnt like trouble maker when i get drunk i like to enjoyed life loughing cherming be over the moon some people they like trouble when they get drunk and other people they be have when they get drunk i like to going in holiday defferent country mix with deffrent culture i dnt who you are white black chinese and other am human been naturel to listen what you need if have i will give you if i dnt have im gonna i dnt have depend what the prblem were its easy i like swiming but i dnt how to swim peace n love one love one heart bless by al da be best thats why am thats me i like to me a woman talking cherming we make convation get to know each other you have to know me i have to know is well

Girl I don't even try to figure this stuff out. After the first sentence of something like that I delete it.

I'll give it a try. ahem...

"i am a polite person. I am not a bad drunk. But I do partake in a bit of drinking. I love to laugh. To be over the moon. There are those who seek trouble while drinking, and others who behave. I like taking vacations abroad, and to increase my cultural capital through interactions with those of different walks of life. There is one race: the human race. I do not discriminate. It matters not to me whether you are black, white or chinese. Whatever you need, I will provide. If I don't have what you need, I will seek to find it. *&$(*&#(@ I like to swim, but I don't know how. Peace and Love. One love. One heart blessed by all the best. That's me. I would like to meet a charming woman, someone I can share great conversation with, as we get to know each other."

OAN:

I definitely want to meet new friend and I would like to see him soon. I want to see him soon to decipher if we click in person like we do over the phone. He wanted to see me on sunday but he did not even make it back home from seeing his daughter until like 9pm and he had to be at work around 10 or 11. He works third shift so while I sleep he is up and when I am up he is sleeping. I am learning alot about him but now I want to see if words match up with actions. He seems to be very attentive. I get off the phone like dang I was on the phone that long...:look:

But yeah a date should be on the horizon soon..well based on the vibe...but who knows...

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Update: Mr. Virgo has been scratched off the list.
Apparently, I'm too prudish for not wanting to kiss him on the 2nd date. Oh and he'd never stick around with someone who is celibate. So I sent him on his merry way.

I finally have a date with Mr. Spiritual. He told me that we are going to a fancy restaurant near the water for cocktails and dinner on Friday. He asked if it'd be wrong for him to request that I wear a dress and heels.
He sounded so bashful when he asked. It was kinda cute.

The ex-bf is putting in some serious work to get me back.
He's sent flowers, dropped off chocolates and a cute pair of earrings, dropped off dinner last night, he's sending sweet text/emails all day, and just overall trying to win me back. This is hard.

whatever he should have bought the ipad :lol:

and whats with these dudes telling women how to dress? I dont get it. like why act so entitled?

kweenameena do you really want your ex back ? I'm just curious. If not don't accept anything from him except a little more dough which you can pass on to me lol. But if you do want him then let him go broke. My old ex when I was growing up always told me we break up for reasons. I don't go back. Unless I move to far he was a military brat then we can't go backwards..

Disabled my okc and will be deleting pof tonight. I think dating will be something in the cards one day. I soo wanted to make my goal for the year by dating and being in a exclusive relationship for 2012. May not be in the cards or budget this year. Hopefully 2013 will be the year.

Last edited:
So for the past week, I've been messaging this guy who seems really nice! Good punctuation and emoticon usage in his messages, too...that's always a plus lol. And he's attractive. And he loves to cook :)

We skyped last night. He was sooo shy in the beginning (+1) awww. He has gorgeous teeth (+1). He seems like a real weirdo (+1)....like really...he reminds me of my Ex lol. ...He also reminds me of my ex in some not so good ways, too. *sigh* He is 22 going on 23 and is still a freshman in college. Community College. I say "still" because it's not like this is his first time in college. He has been in and out of college for the past 4 years because he just "wasn't focused" ohhhhh godddd whyyy meeee???:look: The college experience is very important to me.

I like him though.
However, I'll keep my options open. Way open :look:

I was sent this:

Ik yu gna turn me dwn and yu mite nt evn respond but i atleast had tu take a chance....ik i mite b tbe type of guy yu go for but i wud luv tu gt tu kno yu and show the type of man i am

:look: :lol:

virgos are i wanna say hyper-sexualized---the men r no joke--there is no way one can be with a virgo man and not entertain physical contact--it is a must for them

we hide it well though....its all good on to the next one--im sure he will prob sniff back arounddd...lol

Apparently, I'm too prudish for not wanting to kiss him on the 2nd date. Oh and he'd never stick around with someone who is celibate. So I sent him on his merry way.

perfect28 said:
virgos are i wanna say hyper-sexualized---the men r no joke--there is no way one can be with a virgo man and not entertain physical contact--it is a must for them

we hide it well though....its all good on to the next one--im sure he will prob sniff back arounddd...lol

Wow I did not know that...my new friend is a Virgo too.

Bublin said:

girl bye :lol: why would anybody want to decipher that? :lol:

I agree with this....but most of us keep it under wraps better than that...:lachen:

then

SURPRISE!:naughtycouch:

*sigh* Why do I keep getting all of these artsy fartsy types?????? Where are the science nerds?! *aggravated sigh* lol

I finally have a date with Mr. Spiritual. He told me that we are going to a fancy restaurant near the water for cocktails and dinner on Friday. He asked if it'd be wrong for him to request that I wear a dress and heels.
He sounded so bashful when he asked. It was kinda cute.

The ex-bf is putting in some serious work to get me back.
He's sent flowers, dropped off chocolates and a cute pair of earrings, dropped off dinner last night, he's sending sweet text/emails all day, and just overall trying to win me back. This is hard.

on the one hand mr spiritual sounds nice
on the other hand, a flag went up b/c while he might sound bashful and cute now, that ish won't be cute when he's telling you what to wear after he has grown comfy with you. i mean, i just can't imagine what he'd say if you were to make a commitment to him- being that he said this now.

i vote go and have fun girl :)

your situations remind me of the little stories in a new book i've been reading called "how to avoid marrying a jerk" by john van epp. apparently van epp is a marriage counselor and the book is based on 10 years of research instead of the pop psychology book we love so much round here (including me) why men love $*(@&$*.

anyway, it lays out an approach to dating to let you know if the guy is a jerk. it's not like 'the rules' but it tells you what to look for and how to have a good time while protecting your heart. this book has completely changed everything in my world. it even addresses why men do the 180. this book states some things i feel dumb not to have really recognized before- like how to evaluate a man's conscience, and that his commitment can only ever be as strong as his conscience.

and update: mr sunday date and i are doing well :) i'm over the moon. but not counting my chickens before they hatch. got one eye on him.

Back