***Online Dating Support Thread***

Wow - good thing I kept my mouth shut and didn't question his texting :look:.

He just called me and we spoke for over an hour. I so hope this guy is attractive to me because we have good chemistry over the phone and so much in common it's scary. Our birthdays are only 7 days apart too....tomorrow morning he is moving to 20 mins drive from me. He has this posh English accent with a deep voice that makes me wanna - yeah :look: :yep:.

Ha ha - I am so laughing at myself because before the call I was going cold and wasn't bothered about meeting him now I'm acting like a fool and feeling all HOT. LOL. I'm going to enjoy this feeling whilst it lasts.

Bublin said:
Wow - good thing I kept my mouth shut and didn't question his texting :look:.

He just called me and we spoke for over an hour. I so hope this guy is attractive to me because we have good chemistry over the phone and so much in common it's scary. Our birthdays are only 7 days apart too....tomorrow morning he is moving to 20 mins drive from me. He has this posh English accent with a deep voice that makes me wanna - yeah :look: :yep:.

Ha ha - I am so laughing at myself because before the call I was going cold and wasn't bothered about meeting him now I'm acting like a fool and feeling all HOT. LOL. I'm going to enjoy this feeling whilst it lasts.

same thing happened to me :lol: at first i was like ehhhh hes ok its alright. and then out of nowhere it was like OMG, I CANT WAIT TIL HE MESSAGES ME AGAIN :lol:

Ugh, I was off OKC for about 6 months then went back last month. Someone I talked to previously was still on there. We got to talking again and exchanged messages every day. I gave him my number and he gave me his. He said is taking another teaching certification so he's really busy- understandable, but I should text him and we can hang out when his test is done...

So the last message I get from him, he says he's taking the GRE instead, blase blase... I'm off OKC for almost 2 weeks due to some personal stuff. I go back and *poof* his profile is gone. WTF. I don't even feel like starting up a convo with anyone else or looking through profiles. I'm too lazy to date. :lol: I just don't have it in me to bother.

I just want to snap my fingers and have someone there who I get along with. Is that too much to ask??? :look:
This sounds exactly like me. I've been on break since December :look:.

mmk. I think I'm gonna activate my OKC profile again. I'm kinda like manter26 . I haven't been on in 6 months and lawd knows I don't really feel like it lol. But I don't have any interests right now, so I think it'll be fun lol. If anything, the crazy messages will be entertaining to me :lol:

I don't know if I'm gonna go back on POF, though :look: I never really de-activated that account, but I still get e-mails pretty often. I think I'm gonna permanently delete that account. That site is just too much for me lol.

If any of you London girls run into Stephen Merchant, tell him to holla at your girl. :look: :lol: His ugly, tall, cheap self could get it any day. :drunk: Let him know I'm low maintenance- money wise and I'm cuter than that bobble headed anorexic Australian actress he's been seeing. :look: TIA

This sounds exactly like me. I've been on break since December :look:.

The problem is, I'm 27 and I do want to get married sometime before I die. :look: Ideally that would be by 30ish...but my passive attitude is partly what got me to this point. At least 3 of my friends got engaged this month. One is a hippie by every sense of the word. She's spent the past few years dating everything- men, women, polyamorous couples, probably a few trannies...and her 'free love' self is settling down. :perplexed Yes, I'm salty. :look:

mmk. I think I'm gonna activate my OKC profile again. I'm kinda like manter26 . I haven't been on in 6 months and lawd knows I don't really feel like it lol. But I don't have any interests right now, so I think it'll be fun lol. If anything, the crazy messages will be entertaining to me :lol:

I don't know if I'm gonna go back on POF, though :look: I never really de-activated that account, but I still get e-mails pretty often. I think I'm gonna permanently delete that account. That site is just too much for me lol.

What's the deal with POF?

If any of you London girls run into Stephen Merchant, tell him to holla at your girl. :look: :lol: His ugly, tall, cheap self could get it any day. :drunk: Let him know I'm low maintenance- money wise and I'm cuter than that bobble headed anorexic Australian actress he's been seeing. :look: TIA

The problem is, I'm 27 and I do want to get married sometime before I die. :look: Ideally that would be by 30ish...but my passive attitude is partly what got me to this point. At least 3 of my friends got engaged this month. One is a hippie by every sense of the word. She's spent the past few years dating everything- men, women, polyamorous couples, probably a few trannies...and her 'free love' self is settling down. :perplexed Yes, I'm salty. :look:

What's the deal with POF?

It's just not for me lol. The layout makes my head hurt.....as do the men I attract on there :lol:

tropical-punch said:
im really feelin this guy. its scary

This made me think about how when I was younger and feeling a guy it was not scary...but after you have had a few guys it becomes scary bc you have to see if this person is actually worth opening up to.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

What is it with guys wanting to take me out on epic first or second dates.

The last guy - on the second date bought theatre tickets, dinner and we went to bar afterwards. Bloody good date though. :grin:

This guy - first date today, wants early drinks, dinner and then go out somewhere afterwards. Err, you've haven't met me yet.

Oh and they both white.....does that mean anything??? :look:

tinkat said:
This made me think about how when I was younger and feeling a guy it was not scary...but after you have had a few guys it becomes scary bc you have to see if this person is actually worth opening up to.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Great advise. Thank you.

Oh boy. Here we go again. Someone sends me a message, I go view his profile and :ohwell::perplexed:nono: :lol: And then I feel bad about not replying back to his message. I'm such a jerrrrrrk!! :( lol

The last guy - on the second date bought theatre tickets, dinner and we went to bar afterwards. Bloody good date though. :grin:

This guy - first date today, wants early drinks, dinner and then go out somewhere afterwards. Err, you've haven't met me yet.

Probably. :look:

LOL to the above comments Cheekychica

Well, just got back from the date.....drinks, dinner and more drinks.

I've never met a person so similar to me, it was like we knew what each other was thinking or we didn't have to explain what we meant by something as we both knew.
He asked me out for another date so I'm meeting him for lunch next week.

Very intelligent, great job, very kind natured, open personality.

Only thing is that I'm not physically attracted to him. But you know what, I'm going to roll with it because we get on so well and everything about him is what I'm looking for in a man. I'm not closing him off just yet.

Bublin

That's great!!! I am too at the point where if they guy is great and we seem to get along and on the same page, I am not going to shut him out based on superficial things.

I did receive a unexpected phone call from the guy that I have been vibing with. Just like I thought he is a country boy awww....he got the accent lol. He said that he wanted to see me tomorrow after he visited his daughter ( age 7), you have to go through the city she lives to get to me. We will see bc he works at night and I would hate for him to be cutting it close to be at work. It was a quick chit chat, I was telling him how I was baking honey baked chicken. Man I did not have all the ingredients!!! It came out too sweet for me. But he was about to play bb and I was focusing on my too sweet chicken so he is suppose to call me later.

just been annoyed with these men lately. i've been talking to one guy for now two weeks spoke to him on the phone once but he's been texting for the entire two weeks (smh) so far he's brought up us meeting twice, me once but it seems our schedules keep conflicting. first time that we were supposed to meet up he canceled an hour before. last sunday i asked if he was free today and he said yes. i told him to save the the date and we'd meet then. he said cool. i just texted him asking what was up and he said a party..........then he goes to say that the party is not until later on but we could go to a movie....i replied and told him that i dont want to feel rushed and not to worry about it. the other time was a similar story, he had somewhere else to be. obviously he is too busy to have anything that im interested in. Or he could just not be that into me, either way he's been deleted. i have two other prospects but i am loosing energy and interest in this whole dating thing online and in real life.

@Bublin

That's great!!! I am too at the point where if they guy is great and we seem to get along and on the same page, I am not going to shut him out based on superficial things.

I did receive a unexpected phone call from the guy that I have been vibing with. Just like I thought he is a country boy awww....he got the accent lol. He said that he wanted to see me tomorrow after he visited his daughter ( age 7), you have to go through the city she lives to get to me. We will see bc he works at night and I would hate for him to be cutting it close to be at work. It was a quick chit chat, I was telling him how I was baking honey baked chicken. Man I did not have all the ingredients!!! It came out too sweet for me. But he was about to play bb and I was focusing on my too sweet chicken so he is suppose to call me later.

tinkat if he says he wants to see you before work then see him. If he thought he was cutting it too fine for work then he wouldn't have suggested meeting up with you.
Roll with it and don't over think things on his behalf, otherwise he could take that as you not wanting to see him. :yep:

Bublin

That is a good point. I have the tendency to do that. When he calls back I'll give the green light.

why should that have anything to do with them being white? thats what i do every date.

why should that have anything to do with them being white? thats what i do every date.

Because majority of the black guys always 'suggest' going for a coffee or a quick drink. However once we meet in the flesh the date always end up to be dinner etc.
With white guys I am told 'before' we meet that they plan on doing all this stuff like they are not treading carefully, they will just go ahead and make more formal plans.

Just a very casual observation of mine as I have only been on 3 dates with 2 white guys.

probably not.

you feel bad?:lachen:i've responded to exactly one message this month and i ain't even mad.

Oh, wow! :lol: Ok, now I don't feel so bad anymore! Thank you! :lol:

ETA: it's weird. This time around (on OKC) I'm getting MUCH more black guys viewing my profile and contacting me. 6 months ago it was the complete opposite lol. Same pictures. But I did completely change my profile. It's much more cynical/sarcastic/profane this time :lol:

Last edited:
Because majority of the black guys always 'suggest' going for a coffee or a quick drink. However once we meet in the flesh the date always end up to be dinner etc.
With white guys I am told 'before' we meet that they plan on doing all this stuff like they are not treading carefully, they will just go ahead and make more formal plans.

Just a very casual observation of mine as I have only been on 3 dates with 2 white guys.

The bolded has been my experience as well. Albeit, there is a very small percentage of black people where I live, period, but still. My date last night was a prime example of that. Ugh. :nono:

Oh boy. Here we go again. Someone sends me a message, I go view his profile and :ohwell::perplexed:nono: :lol: And then I feel bad about not replying back to his message. I'm such a jerrrrrrk!! :( lol

Don't feel bad. If you're not interested no sense in messaging him back. I learned my lesson with trying to be nice. I've said "thank you for your interest but you're insert here too young, too far, etc" and they want to keep messaging :nono:. I stopped that with the quickness.

My Black People Meet automatically renewed. Oops, wonder if that is a sign? Went back on POF without signing in and I see some new guys. Thank goodness. See some of the same old ones too.

So the guy I'm talking to says something about me being on okc, I told him if he noticed me on there then he was on there too. He's the only one I am interested in honestly. I wouldn't mind being exclusive either. He just has to say the word.

So this morning I got a phone call with my new friend and we were on the phone for like two hours. I don't know if that is breaking onlinw rules but the conversation was good and natural. I really enjoyed it, we talked about every and anything. The vibe is right, I like how we are keeping it light and developing a friendship. It's easier to get information that way. Im going to let him talk talk talk...lol.

He is definitely a Southern gentlemen, I can tell...but we will see in person. He is suppose to visit his daughter today after church time so I don't know think we are meeting up today. I don't see it happening bc of the time crunch plus I have things I need to be doing. I have a good feeling about this one...we will see. Hopefully I did not speak too soon.

I wish this forum was around when I online dated years ago. I could have used the support. I went through just about all the things you guys are going through, except I took it personally because I didn't have any stories to compare to.

Reading this thread has me laughing, shaking my head and re-living the ole days, but it also makes me super grateful I have my husband.......until the next time he pisses me off.

Of all the guys that "visit" my profile, half are crazy (and displaying said craziness on their profiles) and the other half are worthy of me giving them a chance. The crazies are the ones with the courage to send messages though.

talked to this one guy on the phone last night......he had told me he was still at work, but when he called he was out getting food. Apparently he had come across a group of "gay" black boys....his words were...."I hate them emma effin gay *** boys!!!!" WHAT THEE HAYLE!!! DELETE!!!!!!!! Then he has the nerve to say that he's not homophobic.....:nono:

This guy has texted me 3 more times......
"I hope our first conversation didn't put you off?" Ummm really....HAYEL yeah it did....:nono:
I think I am closing my accounts....

Back