***Online Dating Support Thread***

Update: My date from Saturday (Mr. Virgo) texted me to say that I've been on his mind a lot today and that he's looking forward to seeing me again real soon. **swoon**

There's a semi-cute Sri Lankan dude that has reached out to me. He seems interesting. So far so good but we haven't set a date yet.

I saw this really cute (actually he's gorgeous) guy kept visiting my profile. So finally I said hi, asked him why he didn't fill out more of his profile, blah blah. He responded that he thought I was beautiful and said he was interested in getting to know me. So we sent like 2 messages and then he just disappears:ohwell:
WHY?!! That's so annoying!

Mr. Spiritual is still in the picture. He wants me to reach out to him more but he barely reaches out to me. He's becoming annoying. I can tell that he wants to be chased. But that ain't happening no time soon.:nono:

I also have Mr. Chi-town who is new to the area. He has a great personality and keeps me laughing but he works in retail at a thrift store and doesn't seem to have any real aspirations to do better. I gotta give him the boot.

Also, my ex has come back into the picture. He's apologizing for missing my bday and wants to give me my gift. I think it's the iPad I wanted. He told me to take the gift with no strings attached. But he still wants to take me out to convince me to get back with him.
Would it be wrong for me to go out and get a free meal and a free iPad?:look:

Last edited:
I need a few opinions please:

He contacted me online and, after a few exchanges, send me his number (but said he was at work). I then sent him a quick text. We began texting for a couple days, and he seemed to be cool. One day he sent me a text asking wha I was doing next Saturday becasue it was his birthday and he wanted to do something. He then texts, "before I started talking to you I wanted to get a room with an indoor bar and hottub, which I'll probably still do. So if you hang out or not that was my plan, but I'm free the friday before. We can go out, it's no biggie." I was like, um, no thanks. Anyhow, I felt that it was weird for him to even mention that. It kind of turned me off. Also, I feel like after a couple days, he should have actually called me.

So for the next few more days, he would text me "hi sweety" and the likes. We would exchange pleasantries but nothing deep. So, I basically stopped responding. Enough texting already. After a day, he texts me "hey there". I don't respond. The next day, he sends "GM Beautiful". I still don't respond. Two days later he sends "wink wink". Again no respone. It's like wtf?

I'm just not used to that kind of crap. I'm used to men, well being a man, when they want or are interested in someone.

Incognitus let him know that and also tell him not to contact you again. I guess he thought since it was his birthday you two could make fireworks or something..mens these days no males these days are lazy.

This online dating thing is so draining.

So there won't be a date tomorrow. I gave him my email address earlier today so that we could finish a conversation and it would be easier to do via email vs. text.

Anyway, we got into this weird argument about his email address. His emails come in as his screen name from the site instead of his actual name. I joked about him setting up a separate account for the purpose of online dating. He said that wasn't the case. I mentioned that I'd never seen that before. And from my experience people have their names associated with their email address (ex. the email address is [email protected] but the sender's name comes in as John Doe) At any rate, he got all defensive talking about I shouldn't compare him to other men and that I must have trust issues. I told him it didn't have anything to do with men and trust issues and furthermore I'm put off by the defensiveness and the unfounded accusations. He just said some other BS that I'm not going to respond to.

sigh...

This online dating thing is so draining.

So there won't be a date tomorrow. I gave him my email address earlier today so that we could finish a conversation and it would be easier to do via email vs. text.

Anyway, we got into this weird argument about his email address. His emails come in as his screen name from the site instead of his actual name. I joked about him setting up a separate account for the purpose of online dating. He said that wasn't the case. I mentioned that I'd never seen that before. And from my experience people have their names associated with their email address (ex. the email address is [email protected] but the sender's name comes in as John Doe) At any rate, he got all defensive talking about I shouldn't compare him to other men and that I must have trust issues. I told him it didn't have anything to do with men and trust issues and furthermore I'm put off by the defensiveness and the unfounded accusations. He just said some other BS that I'm not going to respond to.

sigh...

Ignore him..if he seems decent enough forgive him when he comes crawling back..if not please let him go

Um No

I will also be very upset if you dont

Infact you had better reply this post from said Ipad

:lol:

O-ren Girlllll......Imma be peed off if it's some cheap perfume or something.
I mean it better at least be a kindle fire.

He said and I quote "I really want you to have the gift. Just promise me you won't sell it or trash it".

So my friend says that it must be of some value if he's afraid for me to sell it. He wouldn't say that about perfume or something right? I'm just trying to make sure this dinner is worth my while.:look:

I'll report back tomorrow with details on the gift in question.

secured another number from a cutie patootie from okc. hes a military vet like me graduated from college now working in an architecture firm.

kweenameena girl nooooooooooooooooo hahahahaha well at least not in dallas. the men here are too much. all of the men that i have chilled with were not from here. even the guys that ive met online. i tend to avoid men from dallas. as ive recently learned they all fit the definition of kangs, and they seem to love big white women and hispanics. something is in the water

I need a few opinions please:

He contacted me online and, after a few exchanges, send me his number (but said he was at work). I then sent him a quick text. We began texting for a couple days, and he seemed to be cool. One day he sent me a text asking wha I was doing next Saturday becasue it was his birthday and he wanted to do something. He then texts, "before I started talking to you I wanted to get a room with an indoor bar and hottub, which I'll probably still do. So if you hang out or not that was my plan, but I'm free the friday before. We can go out, it's no biggie." I was like, um, no thanks. Anyhow, I felt that it was weird for him to even mention that. It kind of turned me off. Also, I feel like after a couple days, he should have actually called me.

So for the next few more days, he would text me "hi sweety" and the likes. We would exchange pleasantries but nothing deep. So, I basically stopped responding. Enough texting already. After a day, he texts me "hey there". I don't respond. The next day, he sends "GM Beautiful". I still don't respond. Two days later he sends "wink wink". Again no respone. It's like wtf?

I'm just not used to that kind of crap. I'm used to men, well being a man, when they want or are interested in someone.

I think that these are mass texts sent to women.

I gave a guy my number and we traded a few texts. I told him to call me. Never heard from him. Two days later, I get a very general text. We trade a few more emails and then he asks me where exactly I live. I told him until I know him, I'd rather stay vague. This negro responds exact quote, "Be sweet baby i am grown i wasn't asking where u live but ok. Hope u find what ur wanting" :rolleyes:

So I thought he was done.

Tell why he has sent good morning texts since then. Yesterday, I responded, today I didn't. Let's see what happens tomorrow. I'll know for show if he's just spamming his rolodex of women.

Ignore him and see what happens.

These guys slay me!!!!

Don't you hate it when they send you messages simply telling you that their interests are the same as yours. Almost to the point where it sounds just like what you wrote on your profile???

This guy says he loves to read and booksamillion so I asked him what was his fav book. He tells me he loves books and he reads anything, he is a browser....lol. I responded yea, sure. He then tells me that he knows that I think he is lying and some **** about not judging and that I should get I know him. I said but you said you love booksamillion but you can name one book. You ain't got to lie to kick it. Lol.

Some of these guys are dumb.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

^Personally I wouldnt meet with his arse anymore. I would come up with some excuse. Get the hell outta here with that shyt :rolleyes:

You can remember to bring YOURSELF but not the gift.

Lol Im mad for you! hahha

I talked to this one guy Saturday night, he sounded like a pompous ***......talking about out mayor looking busted cause she doesn't away a lot of makeup and wears buns sometimes, and how he took a friend to the MAC counter cause she was busted.....who does that?......

Girl....he dun hit me with the okie doke talkin bout he's on his way but he left my gift at his job. I am not a happy camper right now:nono:

Yeah that was a deliberate - so he can tell you that you are shallow/materialistic and all that shyte. It's a set-up!!

Back