***Online Dating Support Thread***

As I said upthread I have a date next Saturday. We have talked once on the phone and had a seperate text convo (I couldn't talk as my brother was at mine). That was two days ago. We've already established we have alot in common and that we can't wait to meet each other.

Question - do you ladies keep up constant contact (long convo's) almost every day until you meet?

I've done that so many times in the past only for things not to work out. I really don't fee like talking about my life with someone i've never met, yet I guess you can lose momentum if you don't communicate until you do meet.
I like to keep the momentum going before I meet them. But that's so I don't lose interest.:look:

kweenameena said:
I like to keep the momentum going before I meet them. But that's so I don't lose interest.:look:

Yes you have a point. If the convo has a lasting impression then it's ok but for the most part it has to be some momentum.

Don't be nervous!!! Just remind yourself that he is lucky to be meeting you and to be graced with your presence.

What are you wearing?
How are you doing your hair?

i'm wearing a black and white sun dress with heels, (although i don't know what we're doing...so i hope that's not over the top). the dress is about mid-thigh but with the heels it looks a little short :look:. i'll be coming from church so i'll take a jacket.
and
roller-set my hair yesterday so today the curls have fallen out into "beachy" waves.

Update:
I had my date last night. Remember ladies...MEN LIE ABOUT THEIR HEIGHT!
So this guy said he was 5'11 but he seemed to be more like 5'9. It might be because I'm used to my ex who is 6'4 but I don't think so.

But anyway, he initially picked a restaurant that I hate but I was going to go along with it. But thank God the restaurant was booked for the night. So he changed our plans and asked if we could do dinner and a movie. So we went to one of my favorite asian fusion spots and shared a bunch of different types of sushi. I convinced him to get a lychee martini since he had never had a martini before and he loved it. And he convinced me to try a bunch of different raw sushi rolls. Ummm....he's lucky he's kinda cute:look:

I had to do most of the talking and asking questions since he's so reserved and not much of a talker (he is the epitome of the strong, silent type). That was kinda annoying and exhausting. But he opened up more towards the end of dinner. Yes, he paid and tipped the waiter.

After dinner, we walked over to the movie theatre and saw Acts of Valor.
He made sure to put up the arm-rest between us so he could sit closer to me. He held my hand throughout the movie and kept caressing my fingers. I'm super ticklish so I was holding in giggles for the whole dang movie.:nono:
I also noticed him smelling my hair from time to time. A little coconut oil and flowerbomb perfume in your hair works wonders on a man:yep:

He kept mentioning how attracted he was to me and that he wanted to kiss me. I told him no kissing on the first date because I'm a lady. But really I wasn't feeling that my breath situation was fresh after eating all that wasabi:look:

So after the movie, he walked me to my car. I found out he has a Volkwswagen as well. And we both talked about our love for german engineering.

He asked if we could go back to the asian fusion place next door to just have some drinks and talk. But I told him that I had church in the morning and that I was sleepy. It was already past midnight and little did he know...I was struggling to keep my eyes open during the movie.

At my car, he tried to make plans for our next date..but I told him he'd have to call me because I was too sleepy to think straight. He also asked if we could meet up in the morning for breakfast but I already had plans.

He called me to make sure I got home safely, said he wanted to see me again, and mentioned that he really enjoyed my company.

I want to see him again too

i'm wearing a black and white sun dress with heels, (although i don't know what we're doing...so i hope that's not over the top). the dress is about mid-thigh but with the heels it looks a little short :look:. i'll be coming from church so i'll take a jacket.
and
roller-set my hair yesterday so today the curls have fallen out into "beachy" waves.

Oh he'll be in love! Don't hurt him girl!
I can't wait to hear all the details!!!!! Just have fun!

@kweenameena

Sounds like that was a great first date!!! Very cute.

Girl, it was! But he was my first date now that I'm single again and I can tell that he is going to want to be exclusive. Although I like him...I still want to date and be free. How do I keep him in the rotation and still see other people?
I feel like such a player saying that:rolleyes:

Girl, it was! But he was my first date now that I'm single again and I can tell that he is going to want to be exclusive. Although I like him...I still want to date and be free. How do I keep him in the rotation and still see other people?

you can do that by telling him you want to take it slow and build a great friendship first before making a commitment (while you're going out w/others)
b/c that should be true :yep:

you can do that by telling him you want to take it slow and build a great friendship first before making a commitment (while you're going out w/others)
b/c that should be true :yep:
Thanks! Ok..that's good advice. That's what I'll do.
But I do notice that men comment on the last time I've been on the site.

kweenameena said:

Just continue to have fun. If he brings up relationship tell him you enjoy his company and want to take your time bc you just got out of a relationship if you are not looking for that. Just remember he may fall back and not pursue just in case you realize that you like him more than before. But then again that may be a challenge for him :)!!!

Don't worry about that yet. Just relax and enjoy the ride. Keep slowing him down like you did and keep things at a pace you are comfortable with. If he asks to be exclusive before you are ready just tell him you need a little more time to get to know him better. He doesn't need to know you want to date other guys.

When did POF change so much. They use to let you see when people lasted logged on,then they use to let you see who viewed you. Now these things you have to pay for. I'm scared to see what will happen next.

Today must be my POF is good today bc I have gotten responses to both messages I have sent out. One is a bit off in the head though. I guess my wmlb mentality is rolling out

big shout out to tinkat you know why you rock!

Last edited:
GoddessMaker said:
When did POF change so much. They use to let you see when people lasted logged on,then they use to let you see who viewed you. Now these things you have to pay for. I'm scared to see what will happen next.

Today must be my POF is good today bc I have gotten responses to both messages I have sent out. One is a bit off in the head though. I guess my wmlb mentality is rolling out

big shout out to tinkat you know why you rock!

Oh no problem girl. I got the link from a lovely op so I have no problem sharing. I love the book. Its common sense but sometimes you can forget. It's all about remembering what's best for you and setting up clear boundaries.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

There is not one single guy on OKC that interests me and noone has messaged me (except for the guy I am supposed to be seeing on Saturday).

Well I don't know if its just Im feeling lovely but I am at the point of accepting I have preferences and so do others and it's not a bad thing if I'm not someone's ideal esp if they aren't open to new things. One guy I was chatting with was a bit too forward I sorta laughed it off but he said he is looking for dating and sex so I just deleted the message. No sense of going forward as I'm not seeking sex at all. I feel alot better that I have the right to be picky on my dealbreakers and I don't feel bad about it, because these dudes sure and hell don't.

Yay! I'm glad you had fun. Did you all plan the next date?

nope! but he didn't plan this one!! he planned for us to meet, and then he figured out where we were going. :nono:

there was talk over lunch about us going to play basketball.

he texted me and said he enjoyed "our time together"

I have to give this one dude a bit of props he was up front about what he wanted fwb but said I read your profile and that def isn't something your game for. I messaged back thanking him for being up front. Why can't all men be that easy.

So... I have a date set up for tomorrow with a guy from okcupid. He suggested happy hour but I think I would prefer to meet up for coffee for about 15 min. during the work day.

We'll see...

I have to give this one dude a bit of props he was up front about what he wanted fwb but said I read your profile and that def isn't something your game for. I messaged back thanking him for being up front. Why can't all men be that easy.

I agree. I prefer direct, less time to waste.

Ok, I hate men who TEXT!

Do not ask me out by texting!

Man up and make the phone call.

IMO, texts should only be used for a quick hello, I'm running late or thinking-about-you quick message.

Back