***Online Dating Support Thread***

. I feel if he is not taking the reins and making decisions then he's not going to be all that excited about meeting me....he has to man up :look: QUOTE]

yeah i feel you on the above. he mentioned us meeting but hasn't said anything else about it so i let it go. he just asked to add me on fb, but im like 'we haven't even met yet':ohwell: i am definately not budging. if he wants to meet me then he needs to make that decision.

I always tell dudes that I don't add "potentials" to my FB page.

Ok, I'm convinced that the average guy online over the age of 35 is LYING about their age!

The 30-somethings look 45, the 40-somethings look like they are in their 50's and those that do claim 50 plus should not even be contacting me:/

Plus, I don’t trust the height listed for any man under 6’4” – you can’t fake 6’4”.

Yes, yes, and YES! This annoys me to no end. Lying about you age is major to me. Lying about your height can also be a deal-breaker, considering I'm 6ft tall.

i have a date sunday after church at 12:30 for "dinner and a movie" seems early! what to wear? :( okay i wont start worrying about this date until after its over.

Ok, so I signed up with OKC and like it much more than Match and POF! Nonetheless, I'm still getting weird message from all 3 sites. It's like I'm a wierdo magnet! I have to share a few of these messages. Keep in mind that they're all from different people. Ok, here it goes...

Message 1:
hi
how do you do ?
I hope my message will find you in good health
I hope I’m not disturbing you
how's about your family ?
so what's up ?

ok see ya
bye take care
have a good time
KEEP IN TOUCH

Message 2:
hi just gone through your profile it's so interesting i like it u sound to b a true woman
(ok not weird, but dang, use a comma or a period or something!)

Message 3:
Have you dated a white man?

Message 4:
hey....how are you doing...are you seeing any body..... u just too cute to really be single

Message 5:
Is a thick fine sista like you into a muscular tatted up white dude?

Ok I just went to an indian restuarant with my boss and coworker and there were 2 indian waiters pampering me.
The short one was a bit more assertive. The tall, gorgeous one obviously was interested but the short one was blocking. :rolleyes:
So my boss thinks we should go back next week. How do I get the short one out of the way long enough for the tall one to make his move?
When we left...the tall one came to the window and waved goodbye.

My supervisor signed up to POF last Wednesday, got talking to a guy on Thursday and went out on a date on Saturday. On Tuesday she told me about the date...lawd have mercy......:lachen:

She said the guy was supposed to be 6'1, full head of dark hair and some occupation that sounded good.
They met at the entrance of a tube station. As she approached she said she was in utter shock.
The pic on POF must have been taken about 10 years ago. He had a comb-over and dressed very eccentrically - an orange velvet blazer, blue cords. He was about 5'10".
As she was about to turn away he recognised her and waved. She walked towards him and he smiled and about 4 of his teeth were missing.:shocked:
The first thing he said was, 'you can probably see I have some teeth missing. I'm getting them sorted but it's going to cost me £10,000'.

They went for a drink and she quickly drunk her lemonade. He mentioned his occupation which wasn't the same as what he had previously told her.
She then made her excuses and left.:cowgirl:

She is a very outspoken woman and never afraid to speak her mind, so I asked her why she didn't just turn and walk away or give him a peice of her mind. She said she was sooo shocked she couldn't speak.

He messaged her the next day and asked her out on another date. She said she let off on him and blocked him.

ok first date tonight yaaay! why am i nervous? we are going to buffalo wild wings to catch the heat game. im wearing jeans and a tee. wish me luck!

@Bublin i don't even know, but he messed up big time, all he said was "everything is in the air right now but I will let You know if i am free again tonight"

he must be sipping on something if he thinks im going to wait up for him. im glad i didn't start getting ready i wouldve really been pissed then....men :nono:

Well, back from the meetup..He is FINE...but I dont think he likes me....we had great convo time at the bookstore but for some reason I think he was just being nice...

And extra fine men scare me...lol...
Im not calling him anymore..

Sent from my Sprint HTC EVO using LHCF

^^^ Oh my dayz.

I didn't realise I'd be shown as logged on when I clicked that link. Fool is going to think I want a LDR with him. :lachen:

I was caught off guard by that pic of him "happy". I havent seen of them in a long while. Off to the celibacy thread.

As I said upthread I have a date next Saturday. We have talked once on the phone and had a seperate text convo (I couldn't talk as my brother was at mine). That was two days ago. We've already established we have alot in common and that we can't wait to meet each other.

Question - do you ladies keep up constant contact (long convo's) almost every day until you meet?

I've done that so many times in the past only for things not to work out. I really don't fee like talking about my life with someone i've never met, yet I guess you can lose momentum if you don't communicate until you do meet.

Well, back from the meetup..He is FINE...but I dont think he likes me....we had great convo time at the bookstore but for some reason I think he was just being nice...

And extra fine men scare me...lol...
Im not calling him anymore..

You dont think maybe you're being too hard on yourself? If he calls you for another datye,m will you say No because you think it's out of pity? :ohwell:

Get out of that funk! :yep:

You dont think maybe you're being too hard on yourself? If he calls you for another datye,m will you say No because you think it's out of pity? :ohwell:

Get out of that funk! :yep:

Can I be frank? I have often gone on first meetups and played nice with guys I thought were attractive online but once I saw them in person, it was a different story.. Even though our conversation lasted over an hour, my spidey senses said he was just being a gentleman and not really interested in me...

Ive been on enough of these to kinda gauge who is feeling me and who is not..but I'm glad it was done in the early stages and not after we had established anything.

^I get you. You're trying to be realistic. which is fine

after the date, did you get the idea he'll call again? or no?

O-ren said:
^I get you. You're trying to be realistic. which is fine

after the date, did you get the idea he'll call again? or no?

No I dont see him calling me again..

Back