***Online Dating Support Thread***

kweenameena said:
I'm on OKC now and I have about 4 and a possible in my line up of men. All of them are black. And they all seem decent. Although, I did get my fair share of emails from Kangs on OKC.

POF does have a ton of kangs. BUT...it is possible to find a good man there. They are just frustrated from having to weed thru the quains to find you.
You just have to be patient. I met my ex on POF but it wasn't right away. He wasn't a kang at all.

Being on POF is like shopping at a messy Ross. It's possible to find something really great but you have to be willing to sift thru a bunch of rubbage

Your analogy was great. I am keeping all options open and not taking this online thing to heart.

my yt girlfriend who only dates black men said she had a date from match on saturday, the guy took her to a really nice restaurant, and when she excused herself to go to the ladies room, he texted her "i suck". when she returned to the table he'd gone and left her with the bill !! :-O

:nono::nono:what would he had done if she didnt go to the ladies room.....
Did she reply to his text??????

:ohwell:

Is she aware of this?

O-ren She is now. They were separated and going back and forth. But now she's moved out of the house completely. I hated to tell her because telling her I saw him was putting my business out there too. But oh well....she needed to know.

Last edited:
my yt girlfriend who only dates black men said she had a date from match on saturday, the guy took her to a really nice restaurant, and when she excused herself to go to the ladies room, he texted her "i suck". when she returned to the table he'd gone and left her with the bill !! :-O

laCriolla I'm really trying to feel bad for her...but...I just can't...lol.

You should try it out! since there are those mentioning that sane black men exist on OKC, you might just find the one good for you and doesnt assume liking variety of food means you look like Nobit :lol:

I signed up last night.

I got a few emails last night and a few this morning.

Ironically two of the emails I got last night were from dudes who have contacted me on POF. I thought that was funny.

I'm on OKC now and I have about 4 and a possible in my line up of men. All of them are black. And they all seem decent. Although, I did get my fair share of emails from Kangs on OKC.

POF does have a ton of kangs. BUT...it is possible to find a good man there. They are just frustrated from having to weed thru the quains to find you.
You just have to be patient. I met my ex on POF but it wasn't right away. He wasn't a kang at all.

Being on POF is like shopping at a messy Ross. It's possible to find something really great but you have to be willing to sift thru a bunch of rubbage

I totally Agree!!!!!
I don't know....I didn't message ANYONE from OKC that was near what I was looking for....then I got the guy I had to block who kept sending me the "if you are interested, please respond" message, and when I didn't respond he cussed me out.
I have NEVER had anyone get out of pocket on POF, now disappear, yes, but Kangdom? Nope....I get way more responses on POF than OKC, I think I got MAYBE 4 or 5 messages on OKC.....And BPM was better than OKC imo......but the majority of guys that messaged me on there were long distance. And I'm not up for that.
The guy I'm dating I met on POF.

I have been messaging a guy on OKC. He then called me during his lunch break. Dare I say it he sounds 'normal'. He asked me out for a drink but our schedules are clashing. He also happens to be moving close to where I live. So we shall see.

He is white and my age. All of the guys that have messaged me are white on OKC. Oh except the black guy who messaged, 'you have a nice face'. And the Asian dude who messaged, 'You look waaay younger than your age'.

eta - I did a search for black men in my area.....and there are none :ohwell:. I think all the black fools are on POF in the UK :grin:

Last edited:
hmmm so i'm guessing that the last two awesome guys that i met on okc either died or were abducted by aliens because i haven't heard from either of them in days. dudes are lame. i reread over our messages just to see if maybe i was kidding myself but no...they both seemed really interested in me. oh well on to the next =)

also i deleted everything off of my profile except a picture and this guy sends me this message:

"Hi how are you my name is **** I just seen your profile and I love what I see you're a very beautiful woman and I would like to get to know if that's cool"

lol i was like "there is nothing on my page" and he said that he saw my pic.

smh i'm done for the day

I have a date this afternoon afterwork.
He mentioned that he loves girls in jeans, leather jackets and ponytails.
So I'm wearing a dress, heels and my hair out.:look:
He'll get over it.

I'm excited to meet him though. But either he likes me for me or he can keep it movin'.

First meet up location ideas?

I know starbucks seems to be a hot spot...I was thinking maybe Barnes and Nobles?
any suggestions would be appreciated..

I have a date this afternoon afterwork.
He mentioned that he loves girls in jeans, leather jackets and ponytails.
So I'm wearing a dress, heels and my hair out.:look:
He'll get over it.

I'm excited to meet him though. But either he likes me for me or he can keep it movin'.

Even if I wanted to wear what he likes I wouldn't just because. Don't want him thinking that you will do anything just to please him.

Ok so my date tonight kept pushing back the time we are supposed to meet so finally I cancelled our date.
I'm blown but I decided to get a pedi instead of sitting around waiting on him

Even if I wanted to wear what he likes I wouldn't just because. Don't want him thinking that you will do anything just to please him.

LOL wasnt this men tioned in that men love bs book yall talk about, she said if a guy mentions he hates red lipstick and you love it to wear the brightest red lipstick, next time you see him. Cant have him calling the shoots, else he'll make comments about liking highlights and there you are booking salon appts and shyt

do yall wait for the guy to set a date location and time or do you plan it?

Well, the guy I am recently conversating with is leaving it all up to me..He was like just tell me when and where..so I volunteered a time and a place and he agreed..Now is he really going to show? We'll have to see about that.

@SuchMagnificance yeah dude im conversing with was like 'let's get out this weekend' and i told him that i was up for anything then he said it was my call. =/

I always make sure the guy asks me out on a date, I never suggest it. Same for exchanging numbers, he has to say it first. Infact i never accept the first time they ask for an actual date, i just skim over what they said -make them feel a little pressure, you know :look:.

After I accept I let him know when I am free and it's never the next day or two - i'm a busy woman you know :look: (even if I have nothing planned but usually I do).

I then let him suggest a venue and if I don't like it I will let him know and we can just discuss between the two of us. I don't want the 'ball to me in my court'. I can't stand that - it's lazy on his part to say off the bat that it's up to you. We either discuss it or he chooses. I feel if he is not taking the reins and making decisions then he's not going to be all that excited about meeting me....he has to man up :look: (yeah I have a lot of those smilie faces!).

I always set the time - to make sure I have enough time to get ready/travel time etc.

Last edited:
. I feel if he is not taking the reins and making decisions then he's not going to be all that excited about meeting me....he has to man up :look: QUOTE]

yeah i feel you on the above. he mentioned us meeting but hasn't said anything else about it so i let it go. he just asked to add me on fb, but im like 'we haven't even met yet':ohwell: i am definately not budging. if he wants to meet me then he needs to make that decision.

Back