Oils,Grease,Pomades,Butters,Lotions,Cremes Challenge 2014

I just added a few oils to my collection Sweet Almond, Avocado, Jamaican Castor (not the black one) and Do gro oil

Oiled scalp with sulphur oil mix and lightly spritzed hair with water/leavin mix and sealed ends with a coffee butter mix...keeping my regi simple has helped me retain soooo much length!

Oiled my scalp with peppermint pomade. It was starting to separate so I just whipped it back together. I've been working on that 8 oz container since November I believe.

Used vatika frosting, entwine butter cream, and bask sevenfold on my length.

Just used some APB blueberry cream and sealed with NaturallyAmari's hair butter. Re-braided my hair up for a braid out tomorrow.

Moisturized with SD WGBC, and put in some Bantu knots with thenaturalme whipped Shea butter (pineapple scent).

Used Annabelle's cookie dough moisturizing conditioner as a leave in/moisturizer. My hair is super soft and extremely moisturized.

I'm loving it...

Using HV's Vatika Frosting makes me want to load up and never use regular coconut oil. Aside from the smell, does anyone notice a difference on their hair between the two?

I used HV Vatika Frosting, Entwine Butter Cream Hydrator, and BASK Sevenfold Butter on my length today. Nice, moisturized, and non-greasy hair for me. :drunk:

toaster

HV VF is all that. Yes....it's definitely thebomb.com:lick:

The last time you will be able to get it is June until Fall. :sad:

Now until Mothers Day is the time to stock up:yep:

*she does not sell this during the warmer weather months.

Welp, Mother's Day it is... IDareT'sHair

Going to see how long my current container lasts (it's about 3/4 full) and figure out how many I need to get me to the fall.

Anyone uses Marie dean shea butter? Looking for some 100% organic shea butter with minimal oils (maybe 1 or 2). She is the only vendor i have found so far.
No, i do not want to make my own, lol.

ronie have you checked amazon or eBay? I think they sell pure butters. Or maybe even etsy. I haven't used Marie Dean, but the other places might be less expensive. I also believe I saw a vendor on hattache selling pure butters.

ronie have you checked amazon or eBay? I think they sell pure butters. Or maybe even etsy. I haven't used Marie Dean, but the other places might be less expensive. I also believe I saw a vendor on hattache selling pure butters.
toaster i am looking for pure butter that is whipped with one or 2 oils. Most etsy vendors mix it with too many other stuff. I love the naturalme Shea butter which I use, but this last jar is of a lighter yellow than the previous ones. I have not used it enough to know if the quality is different, but I wanted a back up from a different vendor. Thanks for the attaché heads up.

toaster i am looking for pure butter that is whipped with one or 2 oils. Most etsy vendors mix it with too many other stuff. I love the naturalme Shea butter which I use, but this last jar is of a lighter yellow than the previous ones. I have not used it enough to know if the quality is different, but I wanted a back up from a different vendor. Thanks for the attaché heads up.

Ooooh. I was thinking "you can get a pound of shea butter for like $12!" But it's not whipped and I certainly wouldn't be whipping it either.

Here's the Hattache link: http://hattache.com/products/sheabutter-cottage-cioccolatina-whipped-shea-butter

Not sure if it's cheaper than MD's though!

Used APB Buttercream leave in, buttercream hair cream, and sealed with the buttercream butta, then put my twists back into one big braid. :lick:

ronie

I wasn't fond of 'any' of MD's Butters. Best to stick with the DC'ers and Oil Blends and a few of the Crème.

The Butter and the Hair Lotion was horrible and a waste of money.

I did a comparison with my Natural Oasis creme balm which is used as a condition/leave in vs. just a plain DC. Found it is better to do the DC first and then follow it up with the creme balm. I can definitely see how the creme balm holds in moisture.

I oiled my crown with Nature's Blessings. Then I used s-curl, spritzed with tea and sealed with Hairveda Shikakai oil.

Last night before twisting I put conditioner on my ends and sealed them with NO herbal pomade. Not sure why I didn't think of pairing these two before.

Back