Oils,Grease,Pomades,Butters,Lotions,Cremes Challenge 2014

I need to reorder from The Pomade Shop. I was very pleased with my purchase. I applied it right on my scalp and never had any problem; my scalp does not mind grease, I think it loves it, lol. (I'm also quite regular when it comes to co-washing and DC'ing so perhaps I don't give my scalp time to get clogged up)

Just massaged my scalp with TPS Peppermint Pomade.

Moisturized and sealed my length with my oil mix, Entwine Butter Cream Hydrator, and SSI Seyani Hair Butter.

After I use up the SSI (maybe 2 more weeks?) I'll use the BASK Sevenfold Butter I bought for BF. Then I'll open up my 8 oz SSI Seyani that I bought in January.

Wow all these new name brand products! I feel totally lost. I'm still using old school stuff. :bouncegre

Last edited:
LCO/B with Soultanicals Wrappers, Knot Sauce, HV Vatika, and Can't Believe It's Not Butta on ends.

Have been keeping it simple. I'm spritzing with tea and sealing with hazelnut oil. Haven't figured out whether its better to seal with some light like hazelnut oil or something heavier like Hairveda's Cocosta oil.

Prepooed with evco and grape seed oil on Monday. I used PBN murumuru as a leave in, and sealed with the cupuacu butter. I did a reconstructor so I needed something protein free to follow.
I really am loving the food grade grape seed oil. I used grape seed oil ( cosmetic brand), and it left my hair pretty hard in the past. I recently picked up this bottle from the supermarket, and I absolutely love it. The oil is super light, and softens the hair so nicely. I don't know about increasing elasticity yet, but I will keep using it. I'm gonna add it to my DC s as well.

My mother thinks I'm going to burn my scalp if I use the sulfur pomade every day, so I'm on an every other day regimen now.

Last night I moisturized and sealed me length with my oil mix, Entwine, and SSI butters. Tonight I'll do the same, and massage my scalp with the sulfur pomade.

Wash days are usually Thursday night, but I'm going to a play so I'll wash tomorrow morning.

LCOB:

Aloe and water spritz

Qhemet AOHC

Grape seed oil

Aethiopka Hydrate and Twist Butter

Setting a braid-out for a b-day party.

Used my oil mix over my DC today.

Used it's a 10 leave in spray lotion to set my hair.

Massages my scalp with TPS peppermint pomade.

Moisturized hair with entwine and SSI butters.

I'm getting ready to pre-poo with TPS-rosemary Pomade on scalp and KV Amla oil on hair for a few hours under a plastic cap.

LCOB:

Aloe and water spritz

Qhemet AOHC

Grape seed oil

Aethiopka Hydrate and Twist Butter

Setting a braid-out for a b-day party.

Did not use any of this. Here is what I ended up doing:

Pura body naturals murumuru moisture milk

My grape seed oil mix

Straight murumuru butter on mid length and ends

I wanted to go for lighter products and my hair seems to be thanking me.

After taking out my curlformers sealed with NO shine balm. Going to use a little hazelnut oil to separate my curls.

When I washed my hair the other day I used Saravun Brocolli cream. After washing I sealed with HTN growth oil. I sealed my ends with Claudies Ends Insurance #2. I also massaged my scalp with Christine Gant mixed greens

Was ill so haven't been posting but feeling better. I have been oiling scalp every other day with jbco and sealing with oil mix this past week. Will be incorporating my shea butter mix more this coming week.

Back