Nov/Dec '08' Big Choppers/ *2009* Twa Grow Out*

Count me in. Here are my starting pics.

Bigchopsimbaafro011-vi.jpg

Bigchopsimbaafro014-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Hey ladies what do you do with your hair before wrapping, my twa is too short to braid but when I just wrap it as is it becomes dry and very compact. But the thing is also that I wore a swimmer's cap yesterday, so I know it isn't a good idea now..lol I'll be getting a satin bonnet, so what do you ladies with your hair at night???

i just tie it down with a scarf. with wash and gos i would do it everyday. if i was wearing a twistout, i would just mist it with some braid spray and moisturizer, pick it to lift and keep it moving. with my twists, i just fluff them out the next day. i would be careful with that bonnet. watch your edges, flip it inside out so the satin part is the one resting on your hairline.

like i might have stated before, i'm just going to keep it simple. wash, dc, and twist once a week. my hair is doing fine so far.

Welcome Tashima!!!

I am gonna stick with Qhemet Biologics Products! I don't have time to try to make my own mixes like I thought I would!! So from here on out Is QB!!:yep:

Last edited:
ladies with a twa who use S-curl..how do you use it? i have maybe 3 inches and really don't want to invest in any of the more expensive curly products until I have more length but if I don't leave my conditioner in my hair, I have a cute blob of fuzz after my hair drys...
I tried to water down the conditioner and just spray today as suggested (and I need to try again) but I think I may have gotten a bit excited with the spray bottle because my hair was white and it took forever to get all out :wallbash:
so I'm trying to find something that can be a moisturizer and help hold curl on days that I don't cowash...
any suggestions? i bumped the scurl thread to get more suggestions there. but maybe there is some other activator/gel or cheap product that can work???

I use it Diluted I mix Half S-curl with Half Infusium and it works pretty good, the first day my hair don't feel all that good but the next day my hair is soft, You sound like me, I want to use the more expensive products when I get more Length, but I thought I might as well treat this length with respect because this part is gonna be my ends LOL!!!

I use it Diluted I mix Half S-curl with Half Infusium and it works pretty good, the first day my hair don't feel all that good but the next day my hair is soft, You sound like me, I want to use the more expensive products when I get more Length, but I thought I might as well treat this length with respect because this part is gonna be my ends LOL!!!

:yep: very good point! thanks! i just so happen to have some infusium home...

another question: 1st day you use the mix is it on wet or dry hair? and do you refresh on the other days?

First day I use it on Damp hair, I just spritz it with Distilled water, I buy those Jugs at Walmart just to keep my spray bottle filled for my hair, Yeap I just refresh on other days, I cannpt use shea butter or oils, maybe when my hair is longer I will be able to use them but for now my hair hates them.

One time S-curl had my hair to soft & mushy & sticky feeling but that was before I diluted it, when you try it, tell me how it works for you!

Dye048-2.jpg

Dye015-1.jpg

Dye018-1.jpg

Dye051-1.jpg

My hair is supposed to be cinnamon brown but I washed it out early :rolleyes:

My BC was November 1, 2008. I chopped down to 1/4 an inch. I'll do a stretched fro tomorrow.

Last edited:
Awwww! I am so JELLY!! Alabama your curls are so pretty I can't wait to see your growth, What products you use?

Thank you. Right now I keep it really simple. I shampoo 2x a week with Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Oil Special Shampoo (my hair is fine and can't take a lot of product) and co wash the rest of the week with Aussie Moist. I use a mix of Glycerin and distilled water for moisture and seal with either coconut oil or EVOO depending on how I'm wearing my hair. I use IC fantasia gel for curl definition and my denman. I DC once every 2 weeks with honey, random conditioner and EVOO with heat. I can't wait until my curls have some hang time :grin:

is any one retaining alot more growth after they bced? i cut it down to 4 inches in december and im already 5 inches. i hope i can keep it up.

Finally a challenge I can join!!! My picture is in my siggy and I'm excited!!! My regimen is simple. Just co-wash every 2 days and poo/dc on sundays with cholesterol. I'm really loving the carol's daughter vanilla bean leave-in conditioner sealed with castor oil or hot six oil. Happy growing ladies!

LM you bc on my birthday!!!:grin:

is any one retaining alot more growth after they bced? i cut it down to 4 inches in december and im already 5 inches. i hope i can keep it up.

I'm the exact same! I cut down to 4 inches on Christmas and am at 5 inches as well. I've noticed instead of the shedding I experienced before I BC I now just get little curls left on my hands when my hair is wet that don't amount to much hair at all. I'm trying to consistently seal with Castor Oil or Jojoba Oil so I hope to continue to retain. I'll have to keep up with your progress to see if there is a trend in our growth.

my edges look like they are starting to fill back in. my growth seems decent so far. i think i might dust my ends. not sure when i will do it though. i have been just keeping my hair twisted. ^^^^ i'm glad you ladies are having good progress!

your hair is growing and filling in really good!

It's been growing sooo fast but the front is so fine that it doesn't blend well with the rest of my hair. I don't know what to do with it. And the back is soo loose that it's spacey. :nono: I've been combing it out lately to hide it. I'll be happy when my coils and curls start to hang more... in like 6 months :lol:

Ladies, I'm in!

I bc'd on 12/05/2008 after transitioning for 11 months. My starting pic is in my avatar and attached. The pic I took last month is the second photo.

I mainly do wash n go's. My hair is so fine that my twist outs don’t look good! They are too thin and I have to move them around to fill in the spaces in my head (LOL)...no good!

My regimen: Co wash every other day w/Trader Joes Nourish spa conditioner or HE Hello Hydration conditioner. Deep condition w/every wash alternating between Pantene Relaxed and Natural Deep treat mask, AO Honeysuckle rose, or Jessicurl Weekly Deep conditioner. Wash my hair with Giovanni Triple Treat shampoo weekly. For Leave in I use Giovanni Direct Leave In or Devacare One Conditioner, I add one of my reg. condish as a leave in. My hair is really dry. I'm a Henna head! Right now, I henna once a week for the conditioning effects.

Attachments

• !stWeekAfterBC.jpg
    !stWeekAfterBC.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 2ndMonthNatural.jpg
    2ndMonthNatural.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Hmm... I became natural mid-November 08 after transitioning. I'm not sure if I have a "teeny-weenie afro" with 6 inches of hair, but I'm joining anyway!

Currently the only regimen I have is to wash my hair every 5-7 days and to cover it up with a silk scarf every night. I don't have many styles, just the plaits/twists for two or three days, then the twist-out for a fluffy afro for the remainder of the week until it's time to wash again. Oh, and the occasional wash-n-go on lazy days when I too tired to do anything with it.

As for pictures, I'll post some later (they're all on my other computer). :grin:

hey ladies. so far so good. only thing is the only way my curls are really defined is when I use my fantasia ic gel. and that jel makes my hair extremely hard causing me to co wash everday, which I really dont want to do because I apply my oct/megatek in daily and I feel as if I'm not leaving it in long enough because of cowashing everyday. I've tried leaving in a bit of my conditioner, glycerin and water, s curl. cantu leave in defines curls nicely, but it is so heavy and makes my hair feel dirty. nothing defines my hair like the fantasia gel. any suggestions?

btw, the s curl made my hair feel very moisturized so I think will use it as a moisturizer, but as a curl definer, no.

As promised, here's my pics.

The first two are of the first wash-n-go I've ever had as a natural (hard to believe those coils are really 5 inches long). The last picture is what it looked like after my first twist out. My hair isn't as thick as I want it to be, so I tend to fluff it out some and massage my scalp to hide the part-lines so it can look more like an actual fro.

Attachments

• washngo1.jpg
    washngo1.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 42
  • washngobackofhead.jpg
    washngobackofhead.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Nov08.jpg
    Nov08.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 44
Back