Nov/Dec '08' Big Choppers/ *2009* Twa Grow Out*

LOL!! AtlantaJJ! Come on in Girl!!!!

Letitgrow0702 Welcome! I just Purchased some Mega Tek Today so I guess it will be here
by next week!

Thank you!! I think I'll cheat and add some pictures. I'm braided up ... hiding under a wig, I'll add one of those pictures and one with it straightened later this month after I get my SMB. It's hard to judge the length when its shrunken..lol But I'll try to get creative and come up with a way to gague without straightening as well.

Off to stalk natural foki's! :cowgirl:

I would like to join, my hair is a TWA when shrunken, but I can put it in a puff when stretched. I am scare to join this challenge though, because march will be a yr since my BC and I am not sure that I can hang for another yr. Can I still join if I am not sure about the whole yr?
Hey you could join and then by March if you have reached your beyond TWA goal pehaps you can graduate :grin: Let's see what OP says!

Finally a challenge I can join!!! My picture is in my siggy and I'm excited!!! My regimen is simple. Just co-wash every 2 days and poo/dc on sundays with cholesterol. I'm really loving the carol's daughter vanilla bean leave-in conditioner sealed with castor oil or hot six oil. Happy growing ladies!

Welcome Ladies!! Lovely Miracle that Vanilla Bean Leave In Sounds Good!!!

Mandy Now you know we need you, because you had some struggles, You can keep going until you grow out of your Twa stage or "Graduate" or hit your 1 year Mark!!!!

Welcome Ladies!! Lovely Miracle that Vanilla Bean Leave In Sounds Good!!!

Mandy Now you know we need you, because you had some struggles, You can keep going until you grow out of your Twa stage or "Graduate" or hit your 1 year Mark!!!!
Did I ever....I can't believe those "I am relaxing ASAP" thoughts are gone. I am pretty sure they are not gone forever and that is why I have to join you ladies in here.

LETS DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin:

*UPDATE*

[IHello All, I just came back to see how things were going & I haven't abandoned the Challenge, or LHCF, I have finally found my staples and I will be sticking to them, I also got me a Bottle of the Mega Tek and see how that works, since it works great for all people, I now Only Use Qhemet Products,Giovanni Leave In & Jessicurls Too Shea Moisturizing Conditioner for a Deep Treatment!

I am keeping it simple & savvy! Good Luck to you all and I will be checking in from time to time.

Happy New Years!

Just checking in...It's been a month since my BC, and my hair has grown a lot! So I'm keepin my reggie real simple...Since it's not cold down south at all, I'm co-washing every morning with GF Curl and Shine...Using KT Leavin, and LTR Leavin...Then using SunSilk creme de-frizzer, and sealing with coconut oil....at night, I spritz my hair with a mixture of V05 Strawberries and Cream, honey, EVOO, and water....My hair seems to love it...Less money I have to spend in 09, the better! Good luck EVERYONE!
Ciao bellas!

I'm in! I BC'ed a few days ago.
CIMG0219.jpg

CIMG0220.jpg

*UPDATE*

[IHello All, I just came back to see how things were going & I haven't abandoned the Challenge, or LHCF, I have finally found my staples and I will be sticking to them, I also got me a Bottle of the Mega Tek and see how that works, since it works great for all people, I now Only Use Qhemet Products,Giovanni Leave In & Jessicurls Too Shea Moisturizing Conditioner for a Deep Treatment!

I am keeping it simple & savvy! Good Luck to you all and I will be checking in from time to time.

Happy New Years!

Oh good, I noticed you were on hiatus and was wondering if you were still going to be here periodically for the challenge.
Glad you found your staples! :grin:
I haven't yet. :sad:

I'm definitely joining this challenge again...I did a forced chopped in. June 08 and only had 1/4 to 1/2 inch and have recovered from a baseball size bald spot from a sew in. ..I just made my 6 mth mark but still only got 3 1/2 to 4 in stretched and now the spot is basically all in and about an inch to an inch and half now.....I am very pleased!!!!!! I definitely still have a LOVELY twa....can't wait to grow it out more..I'm. At work typing from my phone so if my post looks crazy....forgive me.....lol

Hey ladies - I'm loving the pics in this challenge because all of our hair looks so healthy! I have to admit I'm getting bored with my hair because I can't really do anything to it. I'll be glad when it grows out more and I can cornrow it or something

count me in please.. im currently SL and im seeking apl to bsl.. so i will post a pic asap and my staples.. thanks.. im ready to roll ladies.. 09 here i come

count me in, did my big chop 3 months ago

Attachments

• hair pics 013.jpg
    hair pics 013.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I'm in..my pic is my avatar.

Regimine:

Serious co-wash & go!

1. I co wash everyday with Suave Humectant..when at school I mix in honey and/or salt
2. DC every two or three days with Suave coconut and cantu shea and olive oil
3. Only manipulate hair in shower.
4. Never put towels on my hair, air dry only
5. After co washing in morning, I put some cantu in and then spray on Stay Sof Fro, I don't like it so much but I'll use it til it's gone, lol
6. I sleep with a plastic cap over my hair every single night

That's it. It's hard for me to keep my hands out of my hair as time goes by cause I'm loving and curious about the curls that are popping up all over!

I don't know about you ladies, but I can't wait to make a puff!! (Maybe then I can get all these haters off my back tryna get me to comb it and braid it and shape it and pat it down and who knows what else!)

I've kind of resigned myself to looking 'off' to most folks until I reach my goals...I'm hoping to start henna-ing once school lets out and I'm back at home all the time ;)

Last edited:
I did it!! I did the BC!!! I wanted to bring the new year in right so I did it!! I feel so good. My head feels light. I started a thread with my pics..."New Year...New Doo"

Thanks ladies!!!!!!!

My regimen is about to change. I will be flat twisting my hair daily for 6 months. By then, I hope to master this protective style and then start again on the next goal, 2 strand twists. :grin:

I'm in!

I BC'd in 12/14/08 and my regimen is very simple.

I CO- wash just about everyday or every other day. Sometimes I baggy at night not all the time. I wet my hair everyday! I deep condition once a week with steam, and wash with shampoo once a month or depending what I put on my hair cause I may need to clarify.

Products-

KCCC and Knot today for wash n go's
Curls Whipped cream and curls moisturizer
Homemade Miss Jessie's substitute and shea butter for twists
Fantasia IC Gel for colored treated hair and the clear one for wash n go's
I will use Bentonite once a month
I have done a henna treatment too.
Oils for sealing- EVOO and castor oil for winter. In the summer I will use coconut oil or jojoba.
Conditioners- Suave coconut with honey mixed in
Aussie Moist- Fabulous
Sunsilk curls moisturizer- good
Sunsilk anti poof with jojoba oil- good
Deep conditioner- Cholesteral mixed with EVOO and honey, ORS replenishing pak

I wash n go all the time I don't have tangles or knots.

My hair texture is coily/curly/frizzy. I have pencil-sized coils/curls that are very springy.

is it too late to join in? I did the b.c. yesterday to start the new year.
i have no regimen yet...i've been hiding my 'transition' behind weaves and braids so I don't know how to really handle my hair.

here is my pic...I was more traumatized about the 'natural' hair that got cut off in attempts of 'cleaning' up the TWA. I had 6 months of new growth and about 3 months cut off...:wallbash:

my 'planned' regimen:
  • cowash every morning (Suave Humectant or Giovanni 50/50 balance moisturizing)
  • shampoo once (maybe twice a week)
  • apply MT at least x3 a week
  • massage scalp with castor oil and/or Vitamin E nightly

Attachments

• new me.09.jpg
    new me.09.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 31
  • new.hair texture.jpg
    new.hair texture.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 36
Hey ladies what do you do with your hair before wrapping, my twa is too short to braid but when I just wrap it as is it becomes dry and very compact. But the thing is also that I wore a swimmer's cap yesterday, so I know it isn't a good idea now..lol I'll be getting a satin bonnet, so what do you ladies with your hair at night???

Count me in as well! My big chop was in late November after Thanksgiving. I don't have a set routine as of yet....still expermenting with diff. products. Me living here in Northern Ill. it's very cold here so I've just been wearing my plastic cap and a wool hat when I go out. I wash every 4-5 days and use Aveda Damage Remedy. I also use S curl no drip to keep it mositurized. But I must admit I have not gone out in public with my hair out.

Last edited:
Count me in!

I'm still working on a regimine...

I'll be dc'ing once a week and probably co-washing every day. The products I have so far are from Hairveda and I think I'm using too much (I have a heavy hand) cuz my hair feels crazy, so I'm still experimenting. :ohwell:

I also have some Cantu Shea Butter Oil Moisturizer I will probably use.

Hey ladies what do you do with your hair before wrapping, my twa is too short to braid but when I just wrap it as is it becomes dry and very compact. But the thing is also that I wore a swimmer's cap yesterday, so I know it isn't a good idea now..lol I'll be getting a satin bonnet, so what do you ladies with your hair at night???

I wear a satin bonnet. My hair isn't too short to braid but I think the ends are too even.. it doesnt stay. :ohwell:

Welcome Ladies!!! It is good to have more fellow Big Choppers & Twa Grow Outs!!

larry3344- I really don't do anything to my hair at night but spritz some distilled water and put my satin scarf on. Usually when people first start out with Twas (less than 3 inches) the hair is usually never satisfied for long, it will start off moist and then a few hours later it becomes all dry again. but as it gets longer and you find the right products it will become more softer and stay moisturized.

I drink alot of water and my hair was still dry, So just give it time to grow out, it will get better, and don't put that swimcap back on, if you have some stockings cut the legs and use them. I also learned that my hair does not like shea butter, it might be because I am in a Twa, but when my Twa gets longer I will try to see if it works again, but I really don't care for butters, I am dying to try this Glycerin & Rosewater!

I'm in! I BC on 12/25 to a twa. I'm wearing my hair in twists under wigs as a protective style for the rest of the year and have written out a 2009 regimine but am still getting all the products needed. I'm actually headed out now to buy a few items and will post my regimen later.

Back