No longer feeling guilty......

MsChelle

I few months ago I started a thread seeking out the advice of the ladies here on LHCF because I was feeling a bit of guilt for having taken my friend's daughter to have her hair relaxed(at his request).http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=525961 I got a ton of encouragement and advice:yep:......and also a few not so nice comments:nono:. But I appreciate all of what you ladies had to say, the good and the bad. I just wanted to update you all and let you know that her hair is healthy and doing very well. She has taken some responsiblity in the upkeep and maintenance of it and has done quite well. (She is the one on the right)

OT: All I kept thinking about was the fact that this horse needed something done to his hair! :lachen:

Attachments

• Rock.jpg
    Rock.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 468
Last edited:
Thanks for the update...her hair is gorgeous!

Sometimes all it takes is one person to show a little interest and they (kids) will fall in line. I remember the thread and I am glad it worked out for you.

I also remember the thread. Her hair looks great. Glad to know there is a happy ending:)

Thanks ladies! I actually cried about it. I was so worried that her hair would come out. It didn't and has grown like crazy.I wish I were a bit more savvy with photo editing I have other pics that show the growth. Didn't want to put her face out in cyberspace.

Her hair is very pretty and yes I remember that thread as well. How does she normally wear her hair now?

She usually wets it and lets it airdry and either wears it as it is in the photo or pulls it up in a loose ponytail. In the picture she had just gotten out of a pool about an hour earlier. She keeps begging for a flat iron but I am not taking the wrap for heat damage! LOL

I so remember that thread :) I am so glad she is taking interest in her own hair care and So happy she has you!

I so remember that thread :) I am so glad she is taking interest in her own hair care and So happy she has you!

I am happy to have her! She is truly a joy to me, her and her brother. With no children of my own they fill a huge void for me so I try to do right by them.

The nice part is that you care so much. :). Kids need more people like you in their lives.

(her hair is purty. I'm glad the stylist left some of her curl pattern so her hair won't be damaged in the long run. Both girls are gorgeous!)

Sent from my iPhone while out living my best life!

The nice part is that you care so much. :). Kids need more people like you in their lives.

(her hair is purty. I'm glad the stylist left some of her curl pattern so her hair won't be damaged in the long run. Both girls are gorgeous!)

Sent from my iPhone while out living my best life!

I appreciate you saying that! It's an honor to me that she looks up to me and that her dad trusts me. Her mom is AWOL.

I remember this thread. I'm glad to see that her hair is healthy and she's taking care of it. I hope you stay in her life because she's going to need all the help she can get since her mom isn't in the picture.

Oh her hair is lovely! Well done to her for maintaining and you for being so helpful. There's always more than one way to skin a cat so to speak :)

ETA: I just referred back to that thread. Umm people are in there acting like most people before they went natural didn't feel it was "easier to manage" relaxed hair:rolleyes:

Anyway glad it worked out OP and yes you should feel vindicated:yep:

Last edited:
wow, OP, I just have to say that you are an AMAZING woman. Just beautiful inside and out. You have done sooooo much for that child. Just over 4th of July weekend, my cousin was coming to me to help with her kid's hair. They go swimming every single day, their hair (which is naturally dark brown/black), is now ORANGE, and is breaking off terribly. They just came over the other day and I did a wash and protien deep condition on their hair. It helped some, but whew! It's a lot of work! It's hard to get kids (oldest 12, youngest 9) to take something like this seriously. It just hurts my heart to see them walking around with chewed up hair. You are so wonderful for taking the time to not only be a positive female role model in her life, but to also take care of her hair! Which is just beautiful by the way :) You never deserved to feel guilty! You did sooo much more than most would, and you only wanted the best for her. That girl is BLESSED to have you in her life, you are truly a gift from God. I can tell you have a very caring and giving heart. The world needs more people like you. God bless!

Very pretty hair!! I cant believe what some people were saying to you though! Those were some bold statements. How could they hold a 12 year old accountable for natural hair when we have a freaking forum full of grown women that still need help? Gee whiz. But her hair is absolutely beautiful.

I am happy to have her! She is truly a joy to me, her and her brother. With no children of my own they fill a huge void for me so I try to do right by them.

Love and encouragement are all children need, kudos to you....

I remember this thread. I'm glad to see that her hair is healthy and she's taking care of it. I hope you stay in her life because she's going to need all the help she can get since her mom isn't in the picture.

I am not going anywhere. I will not be another person that bails on her and lets her down.

wow, OP, I just have to say that you are an AMAZING woman. Just beautiful inside and out. You have done sooooo much for that child. Just over 4th of July weekend, my cousin was coming to me to help with her kid's hair. They go swimming every single day, their hair (which is naturally dark brown/black), is now ORANGE, and is breaking off terribly. They just came over the other day and I did a wash and protien deep condition on their hair. It helped some, but whew! It's a lot of work! It's hard to get kids (oldest 12, youngest 9) to take something like this seriously. It just hurts my heart to see them walking around with chewed up hair. You are so wonderful for taking the time to not only be a positive female role model in her life, but to also take care of her hair! Which is just beautiful by the way :) You never deserved to feel guilty! You did sooo much more than most would, and you only wanted the best for her. That girl is BLESSED to have you in her life, you are truly a gift from God. I can tell you have a very caring and giving heart. The world needs more people like you. God bless!

Thank you so much for your kind words. This little girl stole my heart from the minute I met her. You could see that she needs and wants her mom. I don't try to replace her but I try to fill the void where I can. I could never back out on her at this point.

Back