Night & Day: DRASTIC Hair Changes (Not your ordinary comparison shots!)

Okay okay. I wanna play! :)

Before LHCF
This is as long as I thought my hair was going to ever grow again. This is rightBEFORE it REALLY began to fall out last winter so you can imagine how ROUGH it looked!
ATT00017.jpg

After
There is no rinse or dye in my hair....just dark and healthy! Whew...I could cry looking at this!
IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm....I would sayd 8 months of changing hair habits and CUTTING ALL OF THAT DEAD THIRSTY hair off. That before pic is a GOOD pic...My hair was at my ear December 31, 2005 when I let her cut all of the dead hair off. I kept wearing falls up until July of this year and here I am. I pray that it continues to stay healthy and grows.

locabouthair said:
root deep your pics are inspiring me. how long did it take you to get to that length?

I've had 2 wks of computer problems, but today I went thru every post and you ladies are nothing short of amazing:eek: :eek: :eek:
I'm so grateful to you for sharing. I wish all black women could see what can happen when we work at growing hair!

Magnificent coils and naps and relaxed and beauty oh my:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Kinicakes -
Your photos literally brought tears to my eyes. Bravo, Diva!

To All: I have been SO encouraged and inspired by each of you in your unique & wonderful beauty, and abundant & vibrant hair! Thank you so much.

I salute you ALL!

LionQueen said:
Kinicakes -
Your photos literally brought tears to my eyes. Bravo, Diva!

To All: I have been SO encouraged and inspired by each of you in your unique & wonderful beauty, and abundant & vibrant hair! Thank you so much.

I salute you ALL!

Oooh thank you, thank you, thank you so much!!!!!

Girl, this is the pic that brings "tears" to my eyes when i think about how i used to mistreat my poor hair!

m2239848.jpg

LOL!!!!

Last edited:
Kini,
Won't we hang on to thin ends for dear life??
Well... next stop for you, full healthy bbsl!!

I'm still grinnin'.....

Oct 2004-Right before I started my journey. I didn't know it looked so bad!:( I got a cut in December '04 to make it look better so I started out a little shorter than this.
197204760.jpg

June 2006
161827793.jpg

Last edited:
Silkynaps said:
Here's mine:

Feb 2004

30c9f2d.jpg

Sept. 13th 2006

2v7t99c.jpg

OMG SN.....thank you for this picture....I always tried to envision what my hair would probably look like if it was long or what I would want it to look like...your picture is it...
I have found my ultimate inspiration picture...thank you for sharing!:)

Asha97 said:
I cut my hair chin length during the month of September 2005, because I wanted to wear my hair in a non-floppy afro. I achieved my goal, but missed my length terribly. As of August 2006, I've gotten that length back (prior to the cut) and more.

test8-vi.jpg
test6-vi.jpg
test7-vi.jpg
asha, i love your hair. what type would you say you have? how do you take care of the afro? do you press it? and how often.

i am a newbie with a big bald spot. thinking about a chop.
kom

All this just with protective styles... Now, I wonder what I will get from actually taking care of my hair

Attachments

• seymonecut1[1].JPG
    seymonecut1[1].JPG
    28 KB · Views: 70
  • P1010093.jpg
    P1010093.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 64
I am perplexed. I am just now seeing this thread. I come on this site everyday and I just found out that wrapping can make your hair thin. There's no end to what I could be missing.

Beautiful shots ladies.

lauren450 said:
Great progress ladies! Ok, here are mine:

My BC (sort of. This is after my wedding. My hair was extremely damaged, so my stylist suggested I start over)

2005_0822Image0039.jpg

This is now, about 3.5 years later:

2000_022800123thursday0023-1.jpg

:notworthy Good googly moogly that is some BEAUTIFUL hair!!! I think i found my hair idol!

Back