Newbie Challenge 08 P2

I think this is so much healthier for your hair than relaxing bone straight and definitely more healthy than pulling relaxer root to ends! Just think of it this way, if you keep doing it, in a coupla years, you'll be able to roick a lovely WnG!!!:grin:

Thanks for the compliments. I was wondering if this was healthier. I wonder if the people who texlax do it more often than people who just relax. Your hair is looking so pretty. I love your avatar.

I've always had a problem with shine. I was told because my hair is the color that it is it will always look dull. Well I started using hot 6 oil mist and now I have A lot of shine. I will post pics later.

I'm scared to buy mega-tekk and use it. I been going back and forth with myself all the ladies are having good results, but the shedding seems crazy.

I'm scared to buy mega-tekk and use it. I been going back and forth with myself all the ladies are having good results, but the shedding seems crazy.

Ok, here's my :twocents:...If you are having reservations or concerns...LEAVE THAT ISH IN THE STORE!!!

As a bonafide PJ, with BT, henna, amla, Herbal Essences, flexi8s, hairzings, a pibbs, a steamer, a gold n hot dryer, a sedu flat iron, curlformers, Sabino Moisture Block, 200+ flexirods, r-session tools root control iron and then some....trust me :perplexed

Leona, your hair is looking good :yep:...and FM, your hair in your siggy is so healthy and shiny... not that I'm jealous or anything :rolleyes: :lachen:.

Leona, your hair is looking good :yep:...and FM, your hair in your siggy is so healthy and shiny... not that I'm jealous or anything :rolleyes: :lachen:.

THANKS!!! I just changed my avi to a new braidout pic...I'm all cheesin' up in there:lachen:...my braidouts have been ON POINT this summer (not to brag or anything, LOL!), I will be doing this the rest of my transition!!! Fo Sho- I believe I can transition all the way out (with NO big chop) with these braidouts...so easy...

Last edited:
THANKS!!! I just changed my avi to a new braidout pic...I'm all cheesin' up in there:lachen:...my braidouts have been ON POINT this summer (not to brag or anything, LOL!), I will be doing this the rest of my transition!!! Fo Sho- I believe I can transition all the way out (with NO big chop) with these braidouts...so easy...
FM! I saw your new ava and siggy in the bonelaxed thread (:lachen:btw) and had to come in here and give you a shoutout. Looking good girl! :yep:

FM! I saw your new ava and siggy in the bonelaxed thread (:lachen:btw) and had to come in here and give you a shoutout. Looking good girl! :yep:

'preciate ya! Girl, Was that whole texlaxed, bonelaxed, jacklaxed thing a mess or what?!:lachen: I was cracking up and I got off at midnight and it was still going strong!!:lachen::lachen:LHCF...i tell ya!

wher my peeps at? I can't find ya'll...

:cry: I miss my girls...how ya'll doing?

Am I the only one that is still obsessed?:perplexed

FM!!!!!!!!! Hi!!!! lol, how have u been? I've missed u and the other ladies too. I haven't been on much. I've started a job and i'm doing summer school so i've been busy. I had lost my camera for a minute which is why i haven't posted any pictures. I'll be updating at the end of this month though. Just wanted u to know we're still here!!!!!!!:yep::yep::yep:

Hey FM :wavey:,

It's been a crazy few weeks (vacation,graduation,aggravation). I need another 2 weeks before all calms down and I will post regularly.

BTW your braid out is BANGIN' :grin:. I:heart2:it!!! Summer hair PERRRRFECTION :werd:.

I rollerset/flat ironed w/SMB...it is soooo working....and I discovered the right side of my hair is 2" longer than the left side @#$%@&!!!!! So I have to track my sister down for a cut to even it out.

I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Girl I'm still just as obessed. It's been kinda hectic. I'm getting married on Friday and I'm trying to catch up on back homework at school. Then I have to spend time with family. I'm stressed times 5, but I make time for my hair, lol. OOOOOOh I had a bad experience with roller setting. I got it into my head that if I used the tiny rollers I could create a strawset effect. Well my head is big and that is to much rolling so I settled for the ponytail set. It was not cute. Tell me why these curls are holding up so well? They haven't really fell at all and the cute sets won't stay to save my life. I almost bought a roll around dryer Saturday. Gold and Hot and Conair makes them and I was tempted, but I've never been one to sit under a dryer even in a salon so I don't know if it will be a complete waste.

Girl I'm still just as obessed. It's been kinda hectic. I'm getting married on Friday and I'm trying to catch up on back homework at school. Then I have to spend time with family. I'm stressed times 5, but I make time for my hair, lol. OOOOOOh I had a bad experience with roller setting. I got it into my head that if I used the tiny rollers I could create a strawset effect. Well my head is big and that is to much rolling so I settled for the ponytail set. It was not cute. Tell me why these curls are holding up so well? They haven't really fell at all and the cute sets won't stay to save my life. I almost bought a roll around dryer Saturday. Gold and Hot and Conair makes them and I was tempted, but I've never been one to sit under a dryer even in a salon so I don't know if it will be a complete waste.

:congrats::congrats:Congratulations on your future nuptials :congrats::congrats:

WHAT?! Congrats, lady!!!!

Don't get the dryer...you don't need it....:nono: girl, you got enuf goin' on...whew

FM!!!!!!!!! Hi!!!! lol, how have u been? I've missed u and the other ladies too. I haven't been on much. I've started a job and i'm doing summer school so i've been busy. I had lost my camera for a minute which is why i haven't posted any pictures. I'll be updating at the end of this month though. Just wanted u to know we're still here!!!!!!!:yep::yep::yep:

YAY!!! I am glad you found your camera...I have been branching out and doing more posts outside of our thread, been meeting new ladies and all, but it's not like my inner circle! LOL!:lachen:

Hey FM :wavey:,

It's been a crazy few weeks (vacation,graduation,aggravation). I need another 2 weeks before all calms down and I will post regularly.

BTW your braid out is BANGIN' :grin:. I:heart2:it!!! Summer hair PERRRRFECTION :werd:.

I rollerset/flat ironed w/SMB...it is soooo working....and I discovered the right side of my hair is 2" longer than the left side @#$%@&!!!!! So I have to track my sister down for a cut to even it out.

I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Girl, my braidout got me smilin' every time I think of it...I believe it's gonna be my all year round perfection hairstyle...:lachen:

Good Lord, Lady! You got 2 inches of hair just laying around you didn't even kno- about?!? :lachen: If I had an extra 2 inches, I'd be posting pics somewhere right about now...

CONGRATS!!!!:grin::grin::grin:

Hey FM!

I'm still here too, I've been busy as well. I'm just ready to kick back and relax for the summer :grin:. My cousin did my cornrows 2 1/2 weeks ago, and I'm going to get them redone next week. I'll post a pic for my July update. I plan on keeping my hair in cornrows until the first week of August (Aug. 7 is my wedding anniversary :yep: so I'm going to get a wash n' press then). I've just been moisturizing with Africa's Best braid spray, my own concoction of water, condish, glycerin, and oil, and I've been using BT every other day. By August I will FOR SURE be APL or I will go CRAAAAAZYYYYYYY!!!!!!:drunk:

Oh, btw, I bought SMB!!! Can't wait to try it :grin:.

Hey FM!

I'm still here too, I've been busy as well. I'm just ready to kick back and relax for the summer :grin:. My cousin did my cornrows 2 1/2 weeks ago, and I'm going to get them redone next week. I'll post a pic for my July update. I plan on keeping my hair in cornrows until the first week of August (Aug. 7 is my wedding anniversary :yep: so I'm going to get a wash n' press then). I've just been moisturizing with Africa's Best braid spray, my own concoction of water, condish, glycerin, and oil, and I've been using BT every other day. By August I will FOR SURE be APL or I will go CRAAAAAZYYYYYYY!!!!!!:drunk:

Oh, btw, I bought SMB!!! Can't wait to try it :grin:.

Cool! You will be APL (might even be already!:lachen:) fo sho- Hey girl, on that SMB, just remember you don't need but like a nickel sized dallop for your whole head and put it on towel dried hair, no need to reapply after that...a little goes a long way...I can't wait for you to try it.

I just did my first henna and doing a DC right now....It was Ok, (not as messy as I thought it would be), but I used henna and indigo and I thought it would cover my gray hairs, but all I see is dark brown hair on the ends and my grays are looking at me like, "what:look:, was we supposed to go somewhere?" I think I needed to leave it on for longer. I did about 1 hour 20min under a heat cap....I'll let ya'll know how my hiar turned out, condition-wise...

Cool! You will be APL (might even be already!:lachen:) fo sho- Hey girl, on that SMB, just remember you don't need but like a nickel sized dallop for your whole head and put it on towel dried hair, no need to reapply after that...a little goes a long way...I can't wait for you to try it.

I just did my first henna and doing a DC right now....It was Ok, (not as messy as I thought it would be), but I used henna and indigo and I thought it would cover my gray hairs, but all I see is dark brown hair on the ends and my grays are looking at me like, "what:look:, was we supposed to go somewhere?" I think I needed to leave it on for longer. I did about 1 hour 20min under a heat cap....I'll let ya'll know how my hiar turned out, condition-wise...

Rofl :lachen:Yeah, it sounds like you need to leave it in longer :yep: I am about to place an order for some henna as we speak. I used to henna my hair in the past, but it was with that ish you get from Sally's and I don't think it is body art quality :nono: I liked it back in the day, so I'm sure it will go well this time also. DH was cracking jokes about the smell and how he was going to bring me home some dirt for my hair and pass it off as henna :rolleyes:

W/E! I can't wait to try the "real" stuff. He's supportive even though he likes to clown a lot tho :p

Rofl :lachen:Yeah, it sounds like you need to leave it in longer :yep: I am about to place an order for some henna as we speak. I used to henna my hair in the past, but it was with that ish you get from Sally's and I don't think it is body art quality :nono: I liked it back in the day, so I'm sure it will go well this time also. DH was cracking jokes about the smell and how he was going to bring me home some dirt for my hair and pass it off as henna :rolleyes:

W/E! I can't wait to try the "real" stuff. He's supportive even though he likes to clown a lot tho :p

I bought mine from Catherine's. They were real cool and professional. I think I bought enuf for 4 applications...:perplexed I have such issues...

I liked it tho-. My hair feels great today and my hair no longer smells like "pot ash" (whatever that is...) as DH said last night....:rolleyes:...men...your DH sounds like mine...he is supportive in the end, tho- he be hatin' but he likes my hair in the end...:yep:

I did 1/2 henna, 1/2 indigo, with a lil' amla and some ginger root for smell. I used a little ACV and it wasn't overly drying...It did take some "pre-work" and coordination beforehand, but I was surprised how it wasn't really that messy. My colorshowers were worse, I guess bc the henna is thick and the colorshowers is a liquid...:ohwell:

I definitely think it's a do-over. My grays are less pronounced, but I can still see some of them. I think I will try and keep it on for 2 hours this time and refresh the heat on my heat cap for the second hour...:yep: I might also try OJ instead of ACV next time...Catherine had that in the dteailed instructions that came with the product...so many options...:drunk:

I bought mine from Catherine's. They were real cool and professional. I think I bought enuf for 4 applications...:perplexed I have such issues...

I liked it tho-. My hair feels great today and my hair no longer smells like "pot ash" (whatever that is...) as DH said last night....:rolleyes:...men...your DH sounds like mine...he is supportive in the end, tho- he be hatin' but he likes my hair in the end...:yep:

I did 1/2 henna, 1/2 indigo, with a lil' amla and some ginger root for smell. I used a little ACV and it wasn't overly drying...It did take some "pre-work" and coordination beforehand, but I was surprised how it wasn't really that messy. My colorshowers were worse, I guess bc the henna is thick and the colorshowers is a liquid...:ohwell:

I definitely think it's a do-over. My grays are less pronounced, but I can still see some of them. I think I will try and keep it on for 2 hours this time and refresh the heat on my heat cap for the second hour...:yep: I might also try OJ instead of ACV next time...Catherine had that in the dteailed instructions that came with the product...so many options...:drunk:

If you want your hair dark brown :locks: then mix 1/2 henna and 1/2 indigo....if you want your hair black :hair:1st henna then indigo separately.....the longer you leave in the henna the more color you get(henna will make your gray hair a copper color)....I've also read that if you mix salt w/indigo you get more color...I put salt in my indigo and my hair is black when I finish..I hope this helps:grin:

If you want your hair dark brown :locks: then mix 1/2 henna and 1/2 indigo....if you want your hair black :hair:1st henna then indigo separately.....the longer you leave in the henna the more color you get(henna will make your gray hair a copper color)....I've also read that if you mix salt w/indigo you get more color...I put salt in my indigo and my hair is black when I finish..I hope this helps:grin:

I was shooting for dark brown.:yep:..i just want to cover my grays to my natural color....but when i actually look at my grays, they are like an auburn color...not a red orange color, but a nice brownish auburn color. the rest of my hair came out dark brown, so i guess that's why i cud still see them...in retrospect, i actually like it....:grin: i guess i was expecting dark brown grays, but now that i have adjusted my expectations:lachen:, i am happy with the color:grin: it's definitely a do over...i think i might try to leave it on for an additional 30 min, but i also did a dc after 'cause my hair was kinda stiffer than usual, so i don't want to be spending 8 hours on my hair:lachen:

is the stiffness usual or did i do something wrong?

Congrats Leona!!!!!!!!!! :grin::grin:

YAY!!! I am glad you found your camera...I have been branching out and doing more posts outside of our thread, been meeting new ladies and all, but it's not like my inner circle! LOL!:lachen:

Awwwww!!!!!!! Thats so sweet big sis. I tried doing that but as soon as i start, i get pulled away with something. I'll just stick with you wonderful ladies for the now. :grin:

I was shooting for dark brown.:yep:..i just want to cover my grays to my natural color....but when i actually look at my grays, they are like an auburn color...not a red orange color, but a nice brownish auburn color. the rest of my hair came out dark brown, so i guess that's why i cud still see them...in retrospect, i actually like it....:grin: i guess i was expecting dark brown grays, but now that i have adjusted my expectations:lachen:, i am happy with the color:grin: it's definitely a do over...i think i might try to leave it on for an additional 30 min, but i also did a dc after 'cause my hair was kinda stiffer than usual, so i don't want to be spending 8 hours on my hair:lachen:

is the stiffness usual or did i do something wrong?

Your hair shouldn 't feel stiff. I usually do 2 CW's to make sure all the henna is out of my hair. This might be the reason your hair feels stiff.

Your hair shouldn 't feel stiff. I usually do 2 CW's to make sure all the henna is out of my hair. This might be the reason your hair feels stiff.

ok, lemme clarify...it doesn't feel brittle, it just doesn't feel as silky, like i have too much product on it:ohwell:...but it weird bc it's actually moree shiny than usual, NG and all, which is usually more dull in relation to the relaxed parts:perplexed...i did co-wash a coupla times and did a moisturizing DC...i't not bad, just not feeling exactly the same...

you know what...it almost feels like my hair does when i use protein products...is henna considered a protein?

hello my dear ladies

I miss you guys so much...

I wrote a post in the other newbie thread about why ive been MIA but I didnt 4get about u all.

Hopefully things will be back to normal soon andI will be back full time:yep:

Back