Newbie Challenge 08 P2

Ok here is my updated hair post. I don't see any new growth really, but maybe it's kinda scrunched up since I am 5 weeks post. I feel a little wavies going on in the roots,lol. I'm also gonna post a pic of the front of my hair and I would like to know if you guys think it is underprocessed. I had scratched when I put this perm on and it was burning so I had to wash it out quickly. I also updated and changed my Fotki album. I even attempted a full head roller set. My arms were so tired from rolling up my big head I almost quit. :nono: It does look dry.

OT...I'm baaaack! Vacay was a blast.

Leona, girl, your roots are the bomb! I wish I still had some texture after I relax. Personally I think this is healthier for your hair. :yep:

Oh no! So sorry to hear that it burned :sad:. Did you mix in some oil (this is what I do, b/c I texlax and don't want bone strait either)?

I think I am going to try mixing a couple of tsp of olive oil into my relaxer next time....:yep: Does it help moisturize or just "cut" the relaxer?

I like your results.... I sooo wanna buy these but I have 2 wait until after I move and get back on top of my spending. My DH is not gonna let me handle the money anymore if he sees another hair product:nono:

I agree, pretty results! Oh, lawd! Here we go with those doggone curlformers!:lachen: My inner PJ wants some, too, :ohwell: but my hair is so thick and I like the look of the pink and orange ones, I am afraid I will need 5-6 packs...

Hi Luscious! The answer will probably depend on the state of your hair once the braids are removed. I think the rule of thumb is:

Breaks when dry = Needs moisture

Breaks when wet = Needs protein

I think a few good moisturizing DC's are Elasta QP DPR-11, Elasta QP Intense Moisturizing Condish, ORS Replenishing (although it contains a mild protein it's considered moisturizing). I know that others like to use KeraCare Humecto. I'm sure I'm missing some, I'm sure the others will chime in.

I'm protein sensitive so I stay away from heavy proteins. The heaviest I can use seems to be ORS Mayo, ORS Replenishing and Ultra Sheen Duo Tex (and the ORS's aren't true protein condishs). A few of the others can give you more suggestions.

Hope this helps! HGH!

ITA... I am such a fan now of the ORS line. :lick: I love the Replenshing Paks! Love them. Try that- it will give moisture and strength.

First I wanna say Thanks to all the ladies who gave me kind words and helped me in deciding to wear my hair out today.....

Here is the pics I know its plain and boring looking and straight but I guess I was going for a straight wrap....

Plz dont laught at all my body fat

birthdayhair011-2.jpg

I'm so glad you wore it down. It looks so shiny and pretty! It is growing and getting thicker, too! :grin:

Did she say BF? Where???:look:

Happy B-day to all my lovely LHCF sisters I missed while on vacation!

Hi Ladies,

I'm doing my update a little early b/c I got my hair done on Friday and got a big trim! I mean a BIG trim! My hair is more even now, and though I'm cringing over losing an inch or two, I think it was much needed. My ends are healthier, already thicker-looking, and now that I'm taking care of my hair, I know it will grow back and quickly. Here are the comparison pics (the pics on the left are before, and the pics on the right are afterward):

I know some of you said to just leave it alone, but it really bugged me how uneven my hair was, and my ends did need serious trimming. Ach! I guess I'm out of the March APL challenge :ohwell:. It looks like I'll make it around June. :rolleyes:

I love it! But now, you have no excuse to trim anymore for a while...:yep: Let's keep each other straight on the scissors. I really need help myself as I am a confirmed scissor addict...:yep:

Hi Ladies,

I'm doing my update a little early b/c I got my hair done on Friday and got a big trim! I mean a BIG trim! My hair is more even now, and though I'm cringing over losing an inch or two, I think it was much needed. My ends are healthier, already thicker-looking, and now that I'm taking care of my hair, I know it will grow back and quickly. Here are the comparison pics (the pics on the left are before, and the pics on the right are afterward):

sidebyside.jpg

I know some of you said to just leave it alone, but it really bugged me how uneven my hair was, and my ends did need serious trimming. Ach! I guess I'm out of the March APL challenge :ohwell:. It looks like I'll make it around June. :rolleyes:

Your hair looks thick & healthy :clapping::clapping::clapping: ...NOW, back away from the scissors or we're gonna have ta :boxing:

I think I am going to try mixing a couple of tsp of olive oil into my relaxer next time....:yep: Does it help moisturize or just "cut" the relaxer?

IMHO it helps to cut the relaxer. I used about 1 tbsp of olive oil in mine.

ETA: Welcome back from vacation!

Hey ya'll :hiya:...

Pr3tty...your hair looks good! Nice and shiny. Think positive, your hair is doing wonderfully. :grin:

Galadriel...Your cut went well! Your ends looks really thick! I think it's hardest for people to retain fullness from root to tip. :yep:

FindingMe...Welcome Back! Things weren't the same when you were gone! :nono:

Pr3tty...your hair looks good! Nice and shiny. Think positive, your hair is doing wonderfully. :grin:

Galadriel...Your cut went well! Your ends looks really thick! I think it's hardest for people to retain fullness from root to tip. :yep:

Thanks Ya'll!! Now I need a vacation from my vacation! My 3 kids (8 yr old, 18 mo old and 37 year old husband) was drivin' me up a tree!! :lachen:

Daephae, how's your growing coming? I saw where you were having problems with the MSM!:blush: I want to try some of these growth aids but ya'll be scaring me with these stories. Have you heard of Boundless TResses? Supposedly, they have a growth aid that's more natural that a lot of ladies like. I'll see if I can find the thread...

ETA:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=122164&highlight=boundless+tresses

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=208607&highlight=boundless+tresses

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=200431&highlight=boundless+tresses

http://www.growthspecifics.com/

Last edited:
I agree, pretty results! Oh, lawd! Here we go with those doggone curlformers!:lachen: My inner PJ wants some, too, :ohwell: but my hair is so thick and I like the look of the pink and orange ones, I am afraid I will need 5-6 packs...

I know, I've been temped too get them too, I even viewed the youtube tutorial, but am still on the fence, because some say it's a job getting them in, in the beginning. An t it looks like a lot of manipulation that has t be done on wet hair.

Thanx girl Im trying 2 stay positive

I've been mixing 2 teapoons to my relaxer and to me it seems like it does both, My hair comes out much smoother and shiner

Ok ladies I have a BIG problem....

Ever since I got my relaxer I have been getting carried away with using heat. Ive been Flat ironing my hair:nono:..... I did it atleast 4 times since March 11. I was doing so good. I didnt use any heat at all for 3 months and now Im using it again I need to stop this is not good for my hair:nono: and I know it but I just love the way it looks after I use it. This is why I can never get beyond this point in my hair growing. Why do I know that this is wrong yet I still do it. I know its only 4 times but I shouldnt be doing it at all.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:HELP ME:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Ladies I have added Jassy to this thread I think she is doing a great job and I feel she is here to stay so plz welcome her to our lil circle

:circle:

Coco, I'm loving the fro:love4:...Still breaking??? What leave in are you using?

I had this problem and it was corrected w/a moisturizing leave in(Daphae hooked me up).

Thanks KLo!!

That could be the problem. I'm using Apogee leave in cond... its okay, but not great. Would love to find a better one. And suggestions?

Ok ladies I have a BIG problem....

Ever since I got my relaxer I have been getting carried away with using heat. Ive been Flat ironing my hair:nono:..... I did it atleast 4 times since March 11. I was doing so good. I didnt use any heat at all for 3 months and now Im using it again I need to stop this is not good for my hair:nono: and I know it but I just love the way it looks after I use it. This is why I can never get beyond this point in my hair growing. Why do I know that this is wrong yet I still do it. I know its only 4 times but I shouldnt be doing it at all.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:HELP ME:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

PR3TTY!!! YOU DON"T WANT TO SEE ALL YOUR PROGRESS GO DOWN THE DRAIN, ...LITERALLY!!! STOP IT!!! :spank:

Rollersets and a wrap will give the same shine and smoothness. I actually prefer rollersets for the shine and body they give my hair. I have never been able to duplicate the bounce and body I get when I do my hair with a flat iron...STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT

Back