Newbie Challenge 08 P2

:bighug:
Hey Y'all! I'm back on the line. I had went out with my girlfriend to this sushi resturant and gurl, when I tell you I have been sick for over a week! It was the worst experience. I wanted so bad to check in, all i could do was lurk :curtain:and then, I couldn't even read anything. I had to go back to bed. There was no energy. :ill:

Anywhoo, I tried not to neglect my mane. I didn't wash it for over a week and finally when I did, I was thanking all of the ladies on LHCF for all of the wonderful suggestions.

After I got well, I did my first clarifying shampoo and my hair felt so rejuvenated (did I spell that right?) Afterwards, I DC's with ORS Rep Pack and that stuff is the bomb. I used Nexxus Humectress as a leave in with some Carefree Curl Gold, sealed with mango butter.

My hair is so soft! This nappy head is not even all that nappy. Just a few tangles here and there. Minimal breakage. This is what's up! I'm geeked. Unfortunately I can't get it straightened yet because I'm in the boot camp challenge. Next time I wash, I'll take a few pics for y'all to see my progress.

Take care,
Ivy

AWWW Im sorry u got sick but Im happy u made up with ur hair really soon

Okay, so I am sitting under the dryer right now after doing an Aphogee protein treatment... man my hair was as hard as a rock!! After washing that mess out, I couldn't open my ORS rep pac fast enough! :lachen:And a put a whole lotta EVOO in too and now I'm gonna sit under this dryer for an hour and see what happens!

Hey Y'all! I'm back on the line. I had went out with my girlfriend to this sushi resturant and gurl, when I tell you I have been sick for over a week! It was the worst experience. I wanted so bad to check in, all i could do was lurk :curtain:and then, I couldn't even read anything. I had to go back to bed. There was no energy. :ill:

Anywhoo, I tried not to neglect my mane. I didn't wash it for over a week and finally when I did, I was thanking all of the ladies on LHCF for all of the wonderful suggestions.

After I got well, I did my first clarifying shampoo and my hair felt so rejuvenated (did I spell that right?) Afterwards, I DC's with ORS Rep Pack and that stuff is the bomb. I used Nexxus Humectress as a leave in with some Carefree Curl Gold, sealed with mango butter.

My hair is so soft! This nappy head is not even all that nappy. Just a few tangles here and there. Minimal breakage. This is what's up! I'm geeked. Unfortunately I can't get it straightened yet because I'm in the boot camp challenge. Next time I wash, I'll take a few pics for y'all to see my progress.

Take care,
Ivy

Wow, I hate to hear you were down for the count, Ivy. Glad to see you're back and looking forward to progress pics!

:birthday2 Happy Birthday to you!....:birthday2 Happy Birthday to you!!!.....Happy Birthday to Pr3tty.......Happy Birthday to you!!!!:birthday2
:band2:

:dance7::dance7::dance7::dance7:
:grouphug2::theteam::theteam:

So ladies I know I said I was gonna wear my hair (my own hair with no weave) down and out (outside for ppl to see) for the first time in over 5 years on my Birthday. Well my Birthday is tomorrow and I am scared 2 death. I want to sooo bad but I dont know. I keep on trying to see what look will fit my face best and still make my hair look like it has some body this is sooo hard....

I guess ima do it...... :ohwell: well I hope I do it
Do it!:clapping: Do it!:clapping:Do it!:clapping:Do it!
(I'm cheering you on!!!)

Take care,
Ivy

Oh Ivy...you poor thing...get well soon!:sick:

OKay, I really haven't posted in awhile either because:
1. I'm actually doing some work now at work!
2. I've been really busy/ out of town a lot
3. The conversations have been primarily geared to relaxed heads and thats not me

But those are pretty lame excuses :yep:

I'll start with the easy part... Doing great with the water challenge. Drinking at least 6 cups a day, trying to do 10 :grin:

I have put myself on my own challenge this week: No sweets! :wallbash: That's right ladies, no candy, no cookies, no brownies, no ice cream, no cheesecake.... need I go on!? So far so good I have a maaaajjjjooorrrr sweet tooth so this is a serious challenge for me!

Now for the hair:
I have been having a lot of fun with my twistouts, rockin the twists, and even my afro! :yay: Time really hasn't allowed me to wash my hair as often as I would like, so I have been sticking to my 1x per week

I'm :love: my Garnier Fructis moisture works 2 in 1, Pantene DC w/ Egg or ORS Hair Hayo, and HE Breaks Over. My breakage has decreased, but I still have A LOT of breakage, wet and dry. So this week I am going to use APhoGee to do a deeep protein treatment and the an ORS rep pack to see what happens. Here are a few pics...
Gotta get a fokti
Gotta get a fokti
Gotta get a fokti :look:
Coco, I'm loving the fro:love4:...Still breaking??? What leave in are you using?

I had this problem and it was corrected w/a moisturizing leave in(Daphae hooked me up).

Last edited:
Well it's been a month of the newbie challenge with my sister. I compared pics of when she first started to now and it looks like it grew .5 an inch. Here's the comparison pictures. The second pic was after the over processed relaxer my mother gave her the other day.:look:

Attachments

• ruleredhair4-vi.jpg
    ruleredhair4-vi.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 4
First I wanna say Thanks to all the ladies who gave me kind words and helped me in deciding to wear my hair out today.....

Here is the pics I know its plain and boring looking and straight but I guess I was going for a straight wrap....

Plz dont laught at all my body fat

birthdayhair011-2.jpg

Last edited:
Pr3tty, now that's what I'm talking about.....did you feel any different wearing your hair out? Your hair has great length and it looks so healthy & it's shiny! I'm mad you said you have body fat, lol.....I don't see any! :)

Pr3tty, now that's what I'm talking about.....did you feel any different wearing your hair out? Your hair has great length and it looks so healthy & it's shiny! I'm mad you said you have body fat, lol.....I don't see any! :)

:lachen::lachen: girl I need 2 hit the gym but thats a different story... I was so happy today and even thou at times I felt a lil weird about my hair being out but I made it thru the day and everytime I thought about running to the bathroom and putting it up I thought of you ladies and just told myself it is what it is..

Pr3tty your hair is cute. It looks so shiny and healthy. Don't worry, you are arming yourself with plenty of hair knowledge this time around. You can't go anywhere but down gurl! Down your back that it! :yep:

Hi Ladies,

I'm doing my update a little early b/c I got my hair done on Friday and got a big trim! I mean a BIG trim! My hair is more even now, and though I'm cringing over losing an inch or two, I think it was much needed. My ends are healthier, already thicker-looking, and now that I'm taking care of my hair, I know it will grow back and quickly. Here are the comparison pics (the pics on the left are before, and the pics on the right are afterward):

sidebyside.jpg

I know some of you said to just leave it alone, but it really bugged me how uneven my hair was, and my ends did need serious trimming. Ach! I guess I'm out of the March APL challenge :ohwell:. It looks like I'll make it around June. :rolleyes:

Hi Ladies,

I'm doing my update a little early b/c I got my hair done on Friday and got a big trim! I mean a BIG trim! My hair is more even now, and though I'm cringing over losing an inch or two, I think it was much needed. My ends are healthier, already thicker-looking, and now that I'm taking care of my hair, I know it will grow back and quickly. Here are the comparison pics (the pics on the left are before, and the pics on the right are afterward):

sidebyside.jpg

I know some of you said to just leave it alone, but it really bugged me how uneven my hair was, and my ends did need serious trimming. Ach! I guess I'm out of the March APL challenge :ohwell:. It looks like I'll make it around June. :rolleyes:

I think it looks nice. I got my hair done yesterday and I got about 1/2 inch cut. So don't even feel bad. I needed a trim badly. But it looks great.

Back