Naturals that were once relaxed post up your pics of your relaxed days!

I don't have any pics of my final length before transitioning, but here are the ones two years before my transition.

DSC00706.jpg

Here is me a month and twenty days later.

DSC00762.jpg

DSC00763.jpg

DSC00764.jpg

Well.... I'm newly natural again... so here's a couple of pics prior to BC:

picture.php

picture.php

These pics are from 2008, but I maintained my hair at this length...

My siggy is the new me!:grin:

BlackBarbie your hair is beautiful! I love your hair, it is very thick and I love the color, is it your natural color?

Thank you!
My normal hair color is dark brown but for the past 6 years, I have gotten highlights. I would usually get a few shades at one time, including light caramel, blonde and copper. I would only get them once a year though; I never kept/keep them up. (on purpose)

I think I have had my last go round with highlights though because I don't like how it makes my natural hair feel.:sad: I wish I could find another alternative that would still deposit this type of color though.

BB

Ok BB that's it.....I've had it with you! I'm either transitioning or BCing! You are my official hair goal inspiration...my muse...I want to write poetry solely for that mane of yours LOL!

i only remember my relaxed hair being healthy ONE time, and that was my senior year of HS. i was relaxed in middle school, after months of begging my mom for a Just for Me, and transitioned my 3rd year of college.

this is what i considered the "ultimate" in healthy hair...lmao oh boy, how confused i was
36799-vi.jpg

a few months later in college, i decided to cut...a month later i started getting professional color, then it got "too expensive" and i got box color (and damaged hair)
after2-vi.jpg

this is about a month after i took out the weave that took away all my progress and led to the cut that began my transition. i got great growth from it, but hadn't washed or moisturized my hair for 2 months. (EWWWW!) detangling took me from SL to NL. i was about 4 months post here.
thanksgiving07-vi.jpg

11 months post right after a mini-chop, so a month before my BC. i thought i was doin somethin with those see-thru ends.
20080512001-vi.jpg

a few days before BCing...eww it was so dry and chewed up
20080601031-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a few pics of when I was relaxed. Sometimes I miss being relaxed but not enough to go back. :look: The last 2 are natural pics.

Attachments

• 810884.jpg
    810884.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 165
  • rollerset-vi.jpg
    rollerset-vi.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_4963-vi.jpg
    IMG_4963-vi.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_4849.jpg
    IMG_4849.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 155
Here are a couple of me with relaxed hair. I miss it...don't judge me!

Attachments

• fotd041208002.jpg
    fotd041208002.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 197
  • fotd041208004.jpg
    fotd041208004.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 188
  • Christmas07003.jpg
    Christmas07003.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
The first photo is me relaxed 2 months before the BC in April 2008
The second is after my BC- June 2008

Attachments

• DSC00725-vi.jpg
    DSC00725-vi.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC01022-vi.jpg
    DSC01022-vi.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 71
Pics from college days. I was a John Frieda Frizz Ease and Frizz Ease Relax line JUNKIE in those days :lol: That daily moisturizer from the Relax line was really great, though. I was so sad when they discontinued those products! I still have a bottle of the blow dry cream at my parents house -- can't bring myself to throw it away. When I go home I just sniff it a little and remember the good times, then put it back in the drawer :lol:

1. From junior year, a few months after I found RHC and LHCF
2. Freshman year, with a fairly fresh relaxer and cut
3. sophomore year, around thanksgiving
4. sophomore year, near the end of the school year

My relaxed hair was soooo flat all the time. Relaxers just work a little TOO much on my hair because it is so fine -- so glad to have volume now!

Attachments

• 2003.jpg
    2003.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 66
  • frosh.jpg
    frosh.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 68
  • soph.jpg
    soph.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 71
  • sophomoreyear.jpg
    sophomoreyear.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 61
here are my contributions....
one is a couple of yrs ago
two is last year when i cut it into a bob

Attachments

• college.jpg
    college.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 32
  • randoms 022.jpg
    randoms 022.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 31
Here's my pics. Relaxed hair pics are from high school. My hair never made it past shoulder length until I started to transition. Since big chopping I don't think I've ever had the desire to relax again, I've wanted to wear my har straight hair but definitely not relax it. :D

Relaxed Hair:
2 copy.jpg3 copy.jpg

Transitioning Hair:
1.jpg

Natural Hair: (disregard the fact that i need my eyebrows done in these pics lol)
5.jpg6.jpg

Back