My Hair Grew Fast When _______________

Started Finger Detangling, Using coconut oil and throwing in a bun. Or braided under a wig using MN + Coconut Oil Mix. Oh and I also cowash frequently.

My hair grew almost 2 inches in 11 weeks when I had it braided in a circle (our natural growth pattern) and worn under a lacefront wig. I cut the lace completely off and left out the very front of my own hair. I was able to co-wash every few days and massage my scalp every single night.

Last edited:
My hair grew almost 2 inches in 11 weeks when I had it braided in a circle (our natural growth pattern) and worn under a lacefront wig. I cut the lace completely off and left out the very front of my own hair. I was able to co-wash every few days and massage my scalp ever single night.
Circle as in beehive?

When my mom did my hair. Yasss, growing up she did my sister and my hair faithfully everyday with a tall plastic cup of water, dip the brush in the cup of water, apply grease to our hair, and pull on the hair as she applied the grease from root to tip. Seriously, if I had her continue doing my hair I wouldn't have to wear wigs as I await my hair to be thick since I have length after ignorantly abusing my hair with so much heat...thinned it out. I should pay her. lol

I feel ashamed to say...:look: not often (if at all). I used to think that my hair would matt and tangle if I washed it in the braids. I'd never had them before. Even though I've always been into hair, it was before I knew anything of 'protective styling':giggle:.

Don't feel ashamed. I hardly wash only if I see some kind of build up on my scalp.

My hair grew almost 2 inches in 11 weeks when I had it braided in a circle (our natural growth pattern) and worn under a lacefront wig. I cut the lace completely off and left out the very front of my own hair. I was able to co-wash every few days and massage my scalp ever single night.

What i'm currently doing. I had a trim a few months ago and I've already gained my inches back

When I was eating organic eggs for a year. My coworker kept her neighbor's six pet Araucana & “Easter Egger" hens while his home was under renovation. They laid so many eggs she'd distribute them at work. My hair looked fake; shiny, wiry with lots of body. It also went from layered APL/BSB to full waist.

Wow, how did you prepare the eggs, i.e. scramble, boiled, in other dishes?

looks like what you put in your mouth has more to do with hair growth than topical ointments and potions.
I am also slightly surprise about runners are those that exercise and gain more growth. This should be pitched hard to all AA women.
I am definitely going to incorporate more protein in my diet.
Love this thread!

Bunned for almost a year straight.

Back then I even dc'd 2x a week a and cowashed 1x a week.

Can't imagine doing all that now. I'm happy with my hair health and length. I'm doing good to keep up with weekly dc's.

how did you unlock?

Suave/Tressemme Conditioner, evoo, and a fine toothed comb. I'd spray my loc with water, slather it with conditioner and or conditioner/oil depending on the dryness and just work from end to root very slowly and methodically while watching a show. It took a long time, but I was in school and wore a lot of hats/wigs so it wasn't so bad.

looks like what you put in your mouth has more to do with hair growth than topical ointments and potions.
I am also slightly surprise about runners are those that exercise and gain more growth. This should be pitched hard to all AA women.
I am definitely going to incorporate more protein in my diet.
Love this thread!
I think food and nutrition play the biggest role, whereas topical aids help with ensuring the best scalp condition for your follicles

Years ago following this regi:

Wig & Cornrows for a month at a time.

Full head baggy at night.

Cowashed a few times a week and then once I took out the cornrows, shampoo, protein Dc, moisture Dc and did the regimen over.

Back