My Friend's Severe Hair Loss - 5 month Progress Pics Inside

HEY THERE CARIBGIRL, I KNOW THIS POST IS OLD BUT I AM REALLY CURIOUS TO KNOW IF YOUR FRIEND HAS PROGRESSED MORE SINCE THIS POST. HAVE YOU CONTINUED TO HELP HER? AND IS IT MAKING A SIGNIFIGANT DIFF IN HER HAIR HEALTH?

BUMPING FOR YOUR REPLY CG!:bump:

Wonderful! That was really sweet of you to take such an interest in her hair. Great progress!

Thanks guys :yep:!

She was going to a stylist for relaxers and weaves all the time and had no idea how bad her hair loss was :nono:. The stylist could've informed her and try to help but we know what could happen at a salon.
She has not relaxed since the start of her journey but I did apply some Bigen on her hair,rollerset, and saran wrapped her hair. She was happy and I'm happy for her.

You are blessed! God blessed you and her too through you! :yep:

I love you ladies!!!! :circle::grouphug::grouphug:

I am still taking the time to treat her hair and it has grown so much!!! The first week of Sept. made 1 year of her healthy hair regimen :yep:.

I am so pleased to say that she has grown a short front bang and even though the side temples are growing in slowly, she can now wear her hair in a bun unassisted :woot:.

I promise to take pictures this coming week and I will post them ASAP.

Thanks, ladies for being so supportive and encouraging. I'm the one who is blessed to have found you guys!!!!!!

I love you ladies!!!! :circle::grouphug::grouphug:

I am still taking the time to treat her hair and it has grown so much!!! The first week of Sept. made 1 year of her healthy hair regimen :yep:.

I am so pleased to say that she has grown a short front bang and even though the side temples are growing in slowly, she can now wear her hair in a bun unassisted :woot:.

I promise to take pictures this coming week and I will post them ASAP.

Thanks, ladies for being so supportive and encouraging. I'm the one who is blessed to have found you guys!!!!!!

YOUR WELCOME, AND WE ABSOLUTELY MEAN YOU ARE AN EXTRODINARY FRIEND.

this thing has been on my mind since the first time you posted. i kept on saying to myself i wonder whats going on with (your friend now) kept hoping that you would revisit this post and update us on any further progress. i think we are all progress hungry, and just love to see something inspirational. anyhow i figured i'd just pull it back up( the thread) cause i was dying to know. glad to know your still on the job, and i cant wait to see!

Caribgirl! YOU are a GREAT friend! :yep: :luv2: Beautiful progress.

So for the last 5 months, I have been taking care of my friend's hair by:

~clarifying every 2 weeks with AloeRid
~Co-washing with Moistur/Protein cond . w/ EVOO 2x per week
~airdrying, moisturizing, sealing with EVOO, and bagging entire head
~applying a MN mixture on scalp

I do the above on wash days and she re-moisturizes and seals daily and uses protective services daily as well.

Well hard work has paid off as she has made great improvement!
So once again, I thank you all for helping me help my friend and her hair.

BTW: She was so skeptical at first but is thrilled with her progress:rolleyes: .

Caribgirl's MN Mixture

EVOO
Coconut Oil
castor oil
100% pure tea tree oil
peppermint oil
MN- 4% yeast infection creme (any brand)

~place 1/2 of the oils in a ketchup bottle and squeeze in the MN and "shake whatcha mama gave ya" until the mn dissolves into little pieces. Pour in the remaining oils and shake some more. Apply on scalp and massage daily!

Dont 4get to shake b4 using. You can add other essential oils but use sparingly. Go ahead and be creative but grow those tresses.

Knowledge is Power!!! God Bless, Ladies!

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

47b8df29b3127cceb339fa25c5b300000036100BbtXLFq3cMd

47b8df29b3127cceb339dd8304ae00000036100BbtXLFq3cMd

Caribgirl! YOU are a GREAT friend! :yep: :luv2: Beautiful progress.

Get ready to start making labels. She is living proof your concoction worked. She is prolly singing your praises to anyone who will listen.

You're a good friend for helping her like this. Most women in her case would have just resolved to wearing a wig for life.

Amazing progress. She is fortunate to have a friend like you. I can't believe a so-called stylist let her hair get to that point. Another reason I'm afraid of them. You've really nursed her hair back, though. Beautiful.

Caribgirl, can I be your next client? I'm experiencing some hair loss right now. Not quite as severe as your friend but I have a half dollar size bald patch in the back of my head and a quarter sized one at my nape. I'm desperate right now to find a solution. I haven't relaxed my hair since June of last year and I haven't used any heat since January. I'm wearing wigs to hide the damage. Please help!

Back