My Friend's Severe Hair Loss - 5 month Progress Pics Inside

Wow! I'll bet she's ecstatic! You're a very good friend to help her like you have :yep:

Your hair's lookin fab, too!

So, uh, what's in that mn mix? :look:

Krazynkute0188 said:
That's looking good!! Almost a 360 rotation!! At the end of the year she might be or close to APL!! Congrats to both of yall!! :grin::grin:

Hey what IS in your MN mixture?!:grin:

Put away the cash ladies, this is free info :lachen:. Here we go:

Caribgirl's MN Mixture

EVOO
Coconut Oil
castor oil
100% pure tea tree oil
peppermint oil
MN- 4% yeast infection creme (any brand)

~place 1/2 of the oils in a ketchup bottle and squeeze in the MN and "shake whatcha mama gave ya" until the mn dissolves into little pieces. Pour in the remaining oils and shake some more. Apply on scalp and massage daily!

Dont 4get to shake b4 using. You can add other essential oils but use sparingly. :yep: Go ahead and be creative but grow those tresses.

Last edited:
I hope god blesses you with faster hair growth and healthier hair for truly helping your friend, that was very kind and thoughtful of you

GOD BLESS:yawn:

I so LOVE all of you ladies! You guys are so encouraging and supportive. I'm already BLESSED to have found this site. Thanks 100 times over!

o wow, that almost brought tears to my eyes. you are a really sweet and caring friend for helping her out like this. her progress is awesome. good job!

the progress is very good! but please share how the hair became so damaged in the first place. i think that the severity og how that hair first looked might give other ladies going through similar issues some hope. it kinda looks like traction damage. anyone who knows someone who this has happend to( tight braid and weave wearing folk) knows that often it doesnt grow back. keep up the good work. your friend is fortunate to have you as a help.

Thanks for asking TCT. According to her, she always had thin hair but having the stylist remove her weave (sew in), apply a relaxer, place another weave all on the same visit was torture to her hair :nono:. Additionally, she never moisturized her own hair while he was wearing the sew-ins :wallbash:. You are so right about the damage caused by traction. God is awesome and thankfully the scalp is responding!

So ladies, there is always hope so don't give up so easily. Take pics, develop a regimen, learn about protein-moisture balance and other tips from our nformative hair sistas, and pay your $5 :grin:!

That was sooo nice of you Caribgirl, sooo nice. May God bless you for that. You both have made excellent progress.

I second everything the ladies have said before me: You are a GREAT friend!

Her progress is amazing. Has she gotten to the point where she can now do everything on her own?

Thanks sweetie,
Well, she doesn't wash it on her own but she does maintain the daily moisture and sealing. I would love to get her hair to fill in some more and then just give her DCs and rollersets 1x per week like some of you ladies have achieved so well :yep: .

great progress and so is yours. i don't know you but u seem like a loyal friend. that is so sweet of you.

I'm really happy for her. :grin:
What ultimatly made the difference was listening to YOU :yep:, being patient and religiously fallowing a regimen.

Unfortunately, most people will still be bald , because they don't take advice and are looking for that miracle product to make their hair grow 5 inches in one week :ohwell:

I am happy you could help your friend achieve such great progress. You are trully a blessing in her life.

Amazing progress! You are a really good friend!

I agree. My sister in law has serious alopecia on the top and it's because of overprocessing. I always offer suggestions but she says she's tried everything. I don't want to give her false hope because it probably is irreversible. Your friend's progress is stunning.

How did you approach her to help or did she come to you?

Ditto everything said here already, amazing progress with help from an amazing friend! Hope she can now feel confident on doing it on her own as well. :yep:

was...you have them miracle growing hands!!!!

did she have folicle damage or was this just hair loss? my mom have folicle damage/ alopecia and im trying everything I know to get her back on track

WOW!! It looks like you BOTH have made some really good progress. Congrats! It's super nice of you to help her out with a solid regimen!

Thanks for asking TCT. According to her, she always had thin hair but having the stylist remove her weave (sew in), apply a relaxer, place another weave all on the same visit was torture to her hair :nono:. Additionally, she never moisturized her own hair while he was wearing the sew-ins :wallbash:. You are so right about the damage caused by traction. God is awesome and thankfully the scalp is responding!

So ladies, there is always hope so don't give up so easily. Take pics, develop a regimen, learn about protein-moisture balance and other tips from our nformative hair sistas, and pay your $5 :grin:!

i'll say it again , your friend is fortunate to have you. and as well im sure your fortunate to have her. why else would you bother with the extra time/hassel of dealing with someone elses issuues except that they are specail/irraplaceable in your life. thank you for being so kind.

Back