My Friend's Severe Hair Loss - 5 month Progress Pics Inside

wow, that almost brought tears to my eyes. you are a really sweet and caring friend for helping her out like this. her progress is awesome. good job!

Same here....

*although I wasn't sure if it was from hunger pangs or this emotionally moved me...:look:....I'm going to go with the latter..:yep:

You're a wonderful friend...your gesture will come back to you tenfold...:grin:

Great Job Caribgirl!! She is blessed to have you as a friend. Her hair has made wonderful progress. :yep:

I agree. My sister in law has serious alopecia on the top and it's because of overprocessing. I always offer suggestions but she says she's tried everything. I don't want to give her false hope because it probably is irreversible. Your friend's progress is stunning.

How did you approach her to help or did she come to you?

She mentioned that she had hair loss but at the time she had no idea how severe it was. I told her about my progress and showed her pics of my 3 week progress and she was then eager to get started on her own hair.
PM me if you want my firiend's complete reggie to perhaps tweak for your SIL :yep:

was...you have them miracle growing hands!!!!

did she have folicle damage or was this just hair loss? my mom have folicle damage/ alopecia and im trying everything I know to get her back on track
Hey cutie,

She had bald spots throughout her scalp- not sure if it was entirely follicle damage as I don't believe it would have grown back as it did- dunno. Try my friend's regimen with your mom for a month and see how it works out- take pics as well! :yep:

Great Job Caribgirl!! She is blessed to have you as a friend. Her hair has made wonderful progress. :yep:

I'm reading each comment and wiping tears from my eyes- I didn't expect any praise for her progress- just happiness for her progress and motivation to grow our hair longer and stronger despite challenges we may face but you ladies are SO endearing and again I thank each of you for your kind words. Again, I'm blessed just to be a part of this forum and it was by no accident that I have befriended each one of you unique ladies by reading your posts and learning so much!
:grouphug2::grouphug3:

:circle:

Thanks guys :yep:!

She was going to a stylist for relaxers and weaves all the time and had no idea how bad her hair loss was :nono:. The stylist could've informed her and try to help but we know what could happen at a salon.
She has not relaxed since the start of her journey but I did apply some Bigen on her hair,rollerset, and saran wrapped her hair. She was happy and I'm happy for her.

Many blessings on you helping your friend out. When I saw the photos I was soooo shocked.. and angry.

Was the stylist even aware that it was their own doing that lead her up to the point?

After this whole ideal.. what is her next step.. BC.. going natural or putting perms again in the future?

Great job. I would love to have a friend like you. Please teach her do her own hair so she wont have to depend on anyone and be at the mercy of stylists that may take advantage of her.

You are such a beautiful friend. That's what friendship is all about. Your friend's progress is amazing and I'm sure she is grateful for your help.

That's amazing progress, and what a great friend you are for doing that. I know your friend is thrilled.

Amazing results! Thank you for sharing... I know this will inspire a lot of people that may be suffering the same set backs. I concur with everyone that you a really are a good friend to share your knowledge and actually help your friend.

You have made great progess with her hair. That kind of hair loss is very scary to me. I'm sure she is thrilled that it is growing back.

Wow, this is amazing progress. She is very blessed to have a friend like you that cares to truly show her how to properly care for her hair:yep:

This is amazing! Great job and I agree with another poster that says your progress is amazing as well. Go on bit' cha bad self! ^5!

I hope god blesses you with faster hair growth and healthier hair for truly helping your friend, that was very kind and thoughtful of you

GOD BLESS:yawn:

I know^^^me too, what a wonderful seed you have sown in helping your friend, i hope you reap all the benefits. What a blessing you are to your her. Thats great growth, i might try your mixture. :)

I'll have update this story with pics within a month or so!

Her hair is doing so well!!! The thinning is almost gone- We are still working on the temples which have improved too.

Just bumping for one of my hair sisters for inspiration :yep:!

Thanks for bumping this carib! This was such a fantastic thread! Why you gotta make us wait longer? I want some pics NOW!!! :fistshake:

You're so great, helping your friend like this. She's so lucky to have you in her life :bighug:

So for the last 5 months, I have been taking care of my friend's hair by:

~clarifying every 2 weeks with AloeRid
~Co-washing with Moistur/Protein cond . w/ EVOO 2x per week
~airdrying, moisturizing, sealing with EVOO, and bagging entire head
~applying a MN mixture on scalp

I do the above on wash days and she re-moisturizes and seals daily and uses protective services daily as well.

Well hard work has paid off as she has made great improvement!
So once again, I thank you all for helping me help my friend and her hair.

BTW: She was so skeptical at first but is thrilled with her progress:rolleyes: .

Caribgirl's MN Mixture

EVOO
Coconut Oil
castor oil
100% pure tea tree oil
peppermint oil
MN- 4% yeast infection creme (any brand)

~place 1/2 of the oils in a ketchup bottle and squeeze in the MN and "shake whatcha mama gave ya" until the mn dissolves into little pieces. Pour in the remaining oils and shake some more. Apply on scalp and massage daily!

Dont 4get to shake b4 using. You can add other essential oils but use sparingly. Go ahead and be creative but grow those tresses.

Knowledge is Power!!! God Bless, Ladies!
wow her whole scalp filled back in nicely

Back