My Friend's Severe Hair Loss - 5 month Progress Pics Inside

WOW!!!! Knowledge is Power!!! She is truly lucky to have a FRIEND like you who shared what you have learned with her. Each One Teach One!!!

:circle: That's what it's all about! Great Post!

Amen! This post made my day! Great job!

(You must have those "growing hands" over there) :giggle:

Not everybody does that for a friend, you are a true friend!
Her progress is amazing, she must be really happy, that goes to show that good hair care practices work! they key is consistency and patience...and a good friend to share the journey with.
Thank you for the inspiration.

Thanks guys :yep:!

She was going to a stylist for relaxers and weaves all the time and had no idea how bad her hair loss was :nono:. The stylist could've informed her and try to help but we know what could happen at a salon.
She has not relaxed since the start of her journey but I did apply some Bigen on her hair,rollerset, and saran wrapped her hair. She was happy and I'm happy for her.

Caribgirl, how could she not have noticed it was that bad?

BTW you are a great friend! :drunk: Is she also using Megatek?

Thanks guys :yep:!

She was going to a stylist for relaxers and weaves all the time and had no idea how bad her hair loss was :nono:. The stylist could've informed her and try to help but we know what could happen at a salon.
She has not relaxed since the start of her journey but I did apply some Bigen on her hair,rollerset, and saran wrapped her hair. She was happy and I'm happy for her.

I can relate. I have been wearing weaves and I didn't know how bad my edges were because they were weaved up. Why couldn't they have just told me?

You are a great friend! remarkable progress!

You should advertise your "magical hair re-gro" services over the internet and make some $$$... :sekret:

Wow, Caribgirl, You've done more for your friend that a dermatologist or trichologist could ever do!!!

You are sowing such a bountiful seed by helping someone else get beautiful, healthy hair...just imagine what harvest you'll reap. (BTW, your hair is beautiful).

CARIBGIRL........ do you have any updates on your friends hair for us????

I really need to do an update, TCT. I've been MIA on lhcf for a bit now. Her hair has grown in well. We are still battling the temple areas which are super sensitive but progress is still being made. I hope to take some pics this week.

These are the results I like to see. You are such a good person to do this. God bless the both of you on this journey. HHG

Wow, Caribgirl, You've done more for your friend that a dermatologist or trichologist could ever do!!!

You are sowing such a bountiful seed by helping someone else get beautiful, healthy hair...just imagine what harvest you'll reap. (BTW, your hair is beautiful).

Thanks a bunch Pretty and Br*nze for your kind words!!

You're great. I can't wait to see pictures! I know so many women are suffering with hairloss and feel they have no help other than the wig and weave. I'm sure her confidence has raised thanks to your care!

BUMP for the OP. Has there been an update to this story. I really loved how you were willing to share what you learned on the forum to help your friend. :yep:

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! :dance7:
You're a great friend and this post is going to help my sister who lost a large section of hair from a 'bad' relaxer. Her hair is growing back, but still thin in that spot. She can't wait to try out this treatment.

You are a wonderful friend to help her trough this time and you are right knowledge is power!! You'd be surprised that the dermatologist don't know what we know about regrowing hair. They will tell you that we can not regrow hair lost from traction alopeica. That is not true!! We just have to reactivate the hair follicles which is not easy.

You are doing a great job! :bighug:

Back