My Boyfriend Thinks I'm Unattractive Without Makeup

I think this is what always kinda messes me up with makeup and I've never wanted to meet someone with it on. I've always wanted to go for a natural look but in this thread I realize why I never really liked it because I couldn't really tell a difference. On the other hand, I've always been aware that if there is a difference from the way I normally look, I'll always have to keep up with it so that I don't shock anyone barefaced.

When I think of wearing makeup I think of the look in the OP. I love it and think it looks terrific. I kinda wish the barefaced photo was more similar with the smile. The same with beautyjj (?) why aren't they at least trying to pose the same in the bareface originals? Like I said though when I think of makeup I think of the after photos which I think look terrific but am too scared to do.

O I forgot my conclusion :lol: I feel that once you do this you have to keep it up so I think she should have been prepared to wake up before him and put on her face like many women do so it's not unheard of just have some forethought.

Last edited:
I personally don't wear a lot of make up when I first meet someone so they can know the real me. If they like me at my worst they will appreciate my best. I'm not a big make up persons anyway. My main focus is healthy hair and skin.

I personally like to do it the other way round. It's so much fun. When u meet a guy, meet him in your worst condition, lol. I've done it. After a few times, you fix yourself up, and surprise the hell out him :lachen:. This is particularly useful if the guy in question is an arse.

So makeupdoll has a new video that I just finished watching and this thread came to mind. If I were a man, I would feel deceived. Her skin is terrible, her dark circles are look really bad.......and she is a really young woman. I remember her stating a while ago that her skin problems started when she started wearing makeup, so I don't understand why she keeps wearing it, especially since she packs it on so heavy.

So makeupdoll has a new video that I just finished watching and this thread came to mind. If I were a man, I would feel deceived. Her skin is terrible, her dark circles are look really bad.......and she is a really young woman. I remember her stating a while ago that her skin problems started when she started wearing makeup, so I don't understand why she keeps wearing it, especially since she packs it on so heavy.
Girl, I was just watching one of her videos and I thought the same thing. She really does just pack on the makeup, even in her "light"makeup videos. She isn't ugly without makeup, but it's just so jarring seeing her without it. She looks like a different person. It doesn't help that her foundation is almost always way too light,and she wears those creepy contacts :ohwell:

YES! I totally forgot about makeupdoll. She's another one. :nono: I just think that's so ridiculous. It's not like you can walk around in makeup 24 hours a day. Why not work on your skin and/or your self-esteem?? I do generally think that women like this are exceptions to the rule, though. The average woman just doesn't wear that much makeup. I know when I met DH I was wearing makeup. I always wore it when we hung out. He never comments about how different I look without makeup. He thinks I look good with it or without it.

Last edited:
This makeupdoll YTer even changed the color of her skin with her makeup. I'm sitting here shocked at the dramatic difference. I was not expecting that.

This makeupdoll YTer even changed the color of her skin with her makeup. I'm sitting here shocked at the dramatic difference. I was not expecting that.

Wow, her foundation is a completely different colour to her skin. Like she didn't even try to match.

I'm brand new to make up, but when I bought my current foundation, I tried a range on my skin until I found one that pretty much disappeared on my skin - Like if someone came up to me while I was doing it, they wouldn't be able to tell that I had a streak of foundation on my cheek.

I THOUGHT this is how foundation was meant to be ... not to change the colour of your skin.

MakeupD0lls skin can't handle foundation. And I strongly believe everyone's skin can't. She said she had no issues before while wearing just concealer and powder :sad: I don't believe she has low self esteem though. But I agree. She cakes on layers and layers and doesn't really look like herself either. :ohwell:

And those contacts are creepy af. I almost dropped my laptop when I watched this one. :nono: http://youtu.be/_w_PjI9MCqM

I was doing floor exercises while watching and I almost fell over I was so shocked.

This is do drastic. Too much. Way too much. Watching the video made me feel so voyeuristic bc the change is so drastic.

I feel like there is no way she can ever go back bc the way she sculpts herself makeup is so different - skin color included. She must be used to seeing herself this way so her natural or original self will be hard to accept.

WHOA!! Now imagine being a guy, going to bed with the girl at the beginning of the video and waking up to the girl at the 1:28 mark :blush:. That's kind of unfair.

I watch a lot of her videos and the before and after are so drastic. I wonder if she is trying to find a skin regimen.

Hot damn! Makeupd0ll looks like a straight up soul snatcher in that video! I don't understand why her foundation is always 2 shades too light! :( And her excessive undereye highlighting is exactly why I can't stand most youtube makeup gurus anymore.

She is a beautiful girl, it would be so good if she embarked on a skin journey. There has to be something she can do with her skin. Beautiful girl

These ladies did a fantastic job with their makeup. I'm horrible with makeup and therefore live the natural life. I have no issues with my male friend pointing out beauties like these but I point out to never compare a natural (hair, skin, buttocks, hips, nails, eyes, and more) to someone who is glamoured up. These are two different types of beauties (natural vs glamoured/dressed up). Some men know the difference and some do not.

I was so ready to defend makeupdoll as I'm a subbie! I clearly have never really watched her videos... She needs to work on her skin... BAD!!!

I wear light coverage foundation daily but, my skin is basically blemish free (I have moles though). Skincare is essential!!! She basically wears a mask... Daily!

yep it was makeup doll who i was going to make a post about makeup gurus with terrible skin, who i think need to work on their skin first or atleast let their skin breath. the difference is very drastic and i was not expecting that. it wasn't the video posted upthread, but 1 from 2 weeks ago. i understand my skin cannot handle foundation, its a vicious cycle. between the heavy makeup, the contacts, the weave, i really am curious what she really looks like beneath all of that now.

Last edited:
It looks like it's just a matter of discoloration in both cases because in the video when she puts on the foundation before the highlighting and contouring she looks similar to in the beginning. I don't think there's anything that can be done about that so I'd just make sure I was never seen w/o makeup I guess idk...

With both these ladies, they seem to do so much more than what was needed. Why is there a need to have so many different type and layers of concealers. I always wonder that with some of the makeup youtubers. I thought each looked great and could have stopped after foundation and first concealer. Just add a little eye shadow, fill in brows, mascara and maybe a little blush and go. Don't get me wrong, with JJ, I loved her end result. But for an everyday look, I don't think all of it was needed.

Back