My Boyfriend Thinks I'm Unattractive Without Makeup

Wowzers!

This happened a sister-in-law of one of my mother's friends. Her ex showed up at her house to surprise her with breakfast. He was was in for a treat when he saw her pre makeup, pre wig, pre girdle, pre everything. They broke up shortly after.

Regarding the pics in the OP. She does look noticeably different however, she can improve on the original. She can clear and smooth her skin using a couple of peels, up her water intake, drink lots of carrot water regularly and slap on a good moisturizer.

OMG !
VaGyx.gif

I do feel bad for men sometimes...

What if you a see a fine man with a full head of hair and a bulge in his pants, and come to find out he colors in his hair, or it's a hair piece and that bulge in his pants is a pair of socks or something :giggle:.

Lol, y'all are funny.

Stars... Mega stars who are married can often look VERY different with no makeup on...

I.e Sharon Stone, Julia Roberts are a couple that come to mind,
And they have no problems attracting, and keeping men after they are married, despite the amounts of makeup some of these women wear even to the grocery stores.

If a man loves you, he'll love you whether you have your war paint on or not... If not, he's not for you.

Makeup has been around forever... Don't know why this is like a brand new topic these days... (Maybe it's because the skills if the general public are getting even better)

Im with the boyfriend. That isnt what she looks like. Why is that a bad thing to say? The makeup makes her look like a different person. If this was about weave and no weave Id say the same thing :lol:

he does--this woman looks drastically different without the makeup and thats my thing with makeup its one thing to enhance but if you take off your concealer and foundation and you look that different- that is a bit shocking to anyone

this is a common thing I've been around men in casual convo talk about this same thing--but it also goes for hair and etc

i do think we as woman have alotta things to enhance our look but you walk a fine line if when you remove the enhancing product or etc and you look drastically different:look:

ya man should know how you look sans weave or makeup or squeem or whatever lol

.....well he has a point

Last edited:
Wowzers!

This happened a sister-in-law of one of my mother's friends. Her ex showed up at her house to surprise her with breakfast. He was was in for a treat when he saw her pre makeup, pre wig, pre girdle, pre everything. They broke up shortly after.

Regarding the pics in the OP. She does look noticeably different however, she can improve on the original. She can clear and smooth her skin using a couple of peels, up her water intake, drink lots of carrot water regularly and slap on a good moisturizer.

This reminds me of the scene in I'm Gonna Get You Sucka, when she pulls off the wig, pulls off the booty, pulls out the breast. When the leg came off he was done :lol:

I just want to say it's amazing what some eyebrows and eyelashes can do for a person. That is all...

Taking the pic in the op as an example, the girl could do a lot more for her skin instead of relying on makeup. Also, there are ways to do makeup that don't change basic features such as shade of complexion and nose shape. So I don't see the issue being makeup itself so much as using makeup as a transformative tool.

This reminds me of the scene in I'm Gonna Get You Sucka, when she pulls off the wig, pulls off the booty, pulls out the breast. When the leg came off he was done :lol:

YESSSSSS!!!! Omg, LOLLLLL !
I cracked up when I read that post ... I can imagine that mans face :lachen:

Poor girl. The last thing a girl needs is to feel insecure around her boyfriend. I personally cannot go back after hearing that comment. It doesn't mean he is a bad person but knowing my boyfriend scores me with points and discuses how unattractive I am in my natural state to his family members is too much.

See this is where it gets iffy. When you meet a man that is what he looks like. The worst you will see is him without a haircut or maybe him skipping a shave. You dont have to worry about him washing his face and beauty down the drain or taking his wig off :lol: So if you 've discussed attractiveness of a male friend to anyone than yes you have discussed him in his natural state :lol:

Poor girl. The last thing a girl needs is to feel insecure around her boyfriend. I personally cannot go back after hearing that comment. It doesn't mean he is a bad person but knowing my boyfriend scores me with points and discuses how unattractive I am in my natural state to his family members is too much.

i have a homegirl who won't meet me at the gym because she doesnt want me to see her without her makeup....im always like girl come on come workout

and i went on a trip with some women associates via a professional network I'm a member of and got a rude awakening on how the women looked without makeup and i was really surprised like wow...again it was drastic..like you know when you agree to meet everyone downstairs at the resort restaurant for breakfast you go to get your food from the options and are looking for ya peeps--i walked right past the table with two of the ladies because i did not recognize them at all..

My girlfriend recently told me a story where she was working with one of her other girlfriends (girl2) on an event for two days straight. Girl2 work make-up for those 2 days. She said on the 3rd day, she went to introduce herself to this new lady, girl2, because she thought she hadn't met her. Girl2, said, girl stop playing, you know me. Girl2 had not worn make-up that day. I saw the girl and tried to imagine her without make-up but I couldn't. If your own friends don't recognize you, then yeah, that's an issue.

If I met the girl in the OP with make-up and then she showed up later without it, I wouldn't recognize her. And I know I wouldn't hide the shock on my face if she told me. I would need a warning.

very true--unless dude was walking around with a sock in his pants and a gut reducer men pretty much can't conceal their looks--but they do know how to conceal much more serious information lol:look: baby mama drama..multiple children..bad credit...ummm unemployed lmaooo:lachen:

See this is where it gets iffy. When you meet a man that is what he looks like. The worst you will see is him without a haircut or maybe him skipping a shave. You dont have to worry about him washing his face and beauty down the drain or taking his wig off :lol: So if you 've discussed attractiveness of a male friend to anyone than yes you have discussed him in his natural state :lol:

Last edited:
OMG !

I do feel bad for men sometimes...

What if you a see a fine man with a full head of hair and a bulge in his pants, and come to find out he colors in his hair, or it's a hair piece and that bulge in his pants is a pair of socks or something :giggle:.

I felt bad for her when we got the story. It was so bad because he asked her for herself. He was like can I speak to X please and she was like what you mean I'm X!

Why do these guy pick out a woman from a crowd that has 20 layers of make up on if they don't ever want to be disappointed with a womans face. I don't get that.

They could go for a minimum or average coverage girl.

TBH I can tell if someone is at least cute under full coverage, or not. Not sure all guys are good at spotting this.

That's why I like meeting men with my powder and lip gloss on. Well, could be because I can't do more than that, LOL! I can understand his point and her point. Though this is the real pic of whomever really wrote this but that is a huge difference. Nonetheless, if he really loves her why not treat her to a specialized dermatologist and take her to a quality shop that sells peels, and creams?

I have a hard time taking this story at face value. If her change in appearance was that drastic, surely she would have been more self-conscious being without makeup for the first time? Why would she surprised at his reaction if she was doing so much?

How do we know the girl's change was THAT drastic when the OP posted a picture of someone who is not even related to the story?

Like seriously...

How do we know the girl's change was THAT drastic when the OP posted a picture of someone who is not even related to the story?

Like seriously...

I think we are just enjoying the thread moreso than taking the OP seriously.

I think we are just enjoying the thread moreso than taking the OP seriously.

Oh ok...Well in that case...I just want to know how she was able to go until 3am, chilling in the house, with that much makeup on. As a stan for makeup myself, she clearly overdid it.

My girlfriend recently told me a story where she was working with one of her other girlfriends (girl2) on an event for two days straight. Girl2 work make-up for those 2 days. She said on the 3rd day, she went to introduce herself to this new lady, girl2, because she thought she hadn't met her. Girl2, said, girl stop playing, you know me. Girl2 had not worn make-up that day. I saw the girl and tried to imagine her without make-up but I couldn't. If your own friends don't recognize you, then yeah, that's an issue.
faithVA, I had the same thing happen in high school. I didn't realize how much makeup this YT girl was wearing until she came in without it. We thought she was a new student. Until her sister told us who it was, no one believed that she was the same person. :blush:

i have a homegirl who won't meet me at the gym because she doesnt want me to see her without her makeup....im always like girl come on come workout

and i went on a trip with some women associates via a professional network I'm a member of and got a rude awakening on how the women looked without makeup and i was really surprised like wow...again it was drastic..like you know when you agree to meet everyone downstairs at the resort restaurant for breakfast you go to get your food from the options and are looking for ya peeps--i walked right past the table with two of the ladies because i did not recognize them at all..

very true--unless dude was walking around with a sock in his pants and a gut reducer men pretty much can't conceal their looks--but they do know how to conceal much more serious information lol:look: baby mama drama..multiple children..bad credit...ummm unemployed lmaooo:lachen:

LOL... I just pictured that scene too... usually you go down for bkfst, nice and casual but since you're prob not used to seeing them as such you walked right by LOL.

True --- men will know how to hide some real ish!

To be clear that isnt a pic of the OP, but an example pic...

I dont wear a lot of makeup, so I was curious how if any of the women on the board that do handle this type of situation.

When I read the thread on another board the first person I thought of was Tymetheinfamous on youtube :lol:

Last edited:
I wouldn't want to be with someone that found me unattractive but at the same time, she should have given him to opportunity to see how she really looked. If the difference is that drastic... She knows it! I'm sure it takes time to paint her face on. This is coming from a lover of make up but, I look like the same person with or without make up!

Poor thing.

Reason # 252.6....that this world sucks for not naturally pretty women, particularly those with naturally long eyelashes and thick eyebrows. I am cursed with minimal of both.

All I can say is, if he leaves, I suggest she tamp down the makeup some so its less of a shock. She really i skilled. Wish I had the potential and patience to be that good with the warpaint....

Wow, brows really are the focal point/frame the face!
Still, if I had seen her 'before' I wouldn't think she looked that horrid.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooh wee!!!!!

why she playing knowing she looks like a completely different person without makeup! im surprised he even hung around after seeing all that stripped away. he deserves some extra credit for that.

in other news ima need for her to give me some tips, though i will not go as far as she did to make myself unrecognizably attractive :rofl:

I don't understand how people think eyebrows that are "painted on" look great. They actually look fake to me and everyone else.

I'm only saying this to say over the weekend a friend was complimenting another woman on her "fabulous" eyebrows. I glanced over to see with a big smile on my face, thinking they were going to be nicely arched...they were painted on and obvious. I couldn't even nod with the compliment. I was just like, seriously, someone should tell her we know they're fake.

I think women sometimes wear makeup for other women....not themselves, not men...other women.

I dress and wear make up for myself. I refuse...

Last edited:
Back