My Boyfriend Thinks I'm Unattractive Without Makeup

im not listening to yall, i want the story to refer to the girl in the photos :lol:

Me too it gives the context we need - most of us didn't realise how drastic the change would be! I am sorry if I was a man I would break up with her too - I could take the fake lashes maybe but the rest is too much especially given the potential lack of hair in those braids as implied by the receding hairline.

I don't think she looks terrible without makeup. Yeah, I know this pic isn't the subject of the OP.

Usually when I look at makeup before & afters I always think that some people just don't try. I love makeup, but I think it should be an enhancement not a transformation.

Regarding the subject & pics. She does herself an injustice by changing not only her features but her complexion too. Perhaps (meraphoricly) he [usually] preferes 2 creamers in his coffee; w/o MU & highlighting she only represents 1. He now has to make decisions &/or adjustments because he does like her BUT she no longer represents the image he had of her.

I SAY this because this is why I never go for a flawless complexion or contouring when I apply everyday makeup. I save the 15+ minute applications for Events or Photo Occassions. Clearly she now knows she's doing too much.

Though some parts of the OP may be fiction, other posts here bring home the reality of the situation. I've heard men IRL discuss their difficulties of handling this type of revaluation. Most will treat her like Ms Right-now if the cookie is good, & most of them will still actively seek someone else(while enjoying the cookie).

Changed my statement about deceiving, If that's what she need to enhance her natural beauty than so be it:yep:

Last edited:
Lol, y'all are funny.

Stars... Mega stars who are married can often look VERY different with no makeup on...

I.e Sharon Stone, Julia Roberts are a couple that come to mind,
And they have no problems attracting, and keeping men after they are married, despite the amounts of makeup some of these women wear even to the grocery stores.

If a man loves you, he'll love you whether you have your war paint on or not... If not, he's not for you.

Makeup has been around forever... Don't know why this is like a brand new topic these days... (Maybe it's because the skills if the general public are getting even better)

This thread isnt genuine..its the same ol' ish

funny how people get mad when dudes get upset over their gf BCing the hair they met them with..and you see tons of posts "if he doesnt love you with your mannish fade, he aint the one for you"..yet they are making excuses for the crap this dude said about this gf..

yea ok.

Forget about the makeup (although that's bad too), are we just going to let that hairline just slide on by???? If I were the boyfriend, I'd be more worried about the receding hairline.
It looks like she used some brow powder to fill in her edges!:lachen:

Poor thing.

Reason # 252.6....that this world sucks for not naturally pretty women, particularly those with naturally long eyelashes and thick eyebrows. I am cursed with minimal of both.

All I can say is, if he leaves, I suggest she tamp down the makeup some so its less of a shock. She really i skilled. Wish I had the potential and patience to be that good with the warpaint....

Don't even feel bad about yourself. There are so many women using falsies and drawing on their brows these days it's not really a big deal anymore. You can try the makeup forum for pointers too. The girls are very sweet, skilled and helpful there. I like how they still look like themselves :)

Reminds me of beautybyjj. :look: Real talk. I am not playing when I say I was in shock when I saw her without makeup for the first time. :perplexed I'm sorry, but damn. :lachen: I couldn't imagine looking in the mirror and not recognizing myself. I love makeup, but only when it's used appropriately as an enhancer rather than a complete cover up.

It's not fair to use makeup to totally change your look and then get upset when a guy doesn't like the no makeup look.

This happened to DH many years ago. Beer goggles and makeup at a party. He met a woman and when they agreed to meet days later he thought it was a joke since she looked so different. He asked where was the woman he met at the party.
He finally told her she looked different in the daylight. They chatted for a bit and he made an excuse to leave.

I know this picture is not from the post, but it may be a good representative cause remember he said she went down like 4 points. going down 4 points is a lot not just to guys but everyone really.

This thread reminded of a before and after photo I saw this week. Drastic change:
attachment.php

http://instagram.com/p/ho1nwZrSpJ/

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131217_225646.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131217_225646.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 737
Last edited:
Her skin issues have gotten better and she's looking pretty much the same with minimal or no make up.

This probably isn't the thread for it, but does anyone know if peels reduce the appearance of a "5 o clock shadow". I'm not saying me or this chick has facial hair, but in pictures with minial makeup I just have this mild discloration around the mouth area and I see she has it too. Only time I don't see if with makeup or a head adjustment in the pose.

This probably isn't the thread for it, but does anyone know if peels reduce the appearance of a "5 o clock shadow". I'm not saying me or this chick has facial hair, but in pictures with minial makeup I just have this mild discloration around the mouth area and I see she has it too. Only time I don't see if with makeup or a head adjustment in the pose.

I also have a slight "muzzle" (hyperpigmentation) that has faded with the use of acid peels. I buy my lactic acid from amazon.com in the concentration of 50% since I am not a pro-peeler and want to work my way up to higher concentrations. Here is a review that is very informative and I hope you find it useful:

11 of 11 people found the following review helpfulhttp://www.amazon.com/review/R3OYY3...UTF8&ASIN=B000PNXBU8&nodeID=3760901&store=hpcIf you are new to peels, this is a great one to start with.
By honestly on January 1, 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase This peel is a great way to start if you are new to peels because its hard to go wrong with it and it will allow you to practice your technique before you get into peels that have a higher potential for damage. My initial experience with peels were at a salon and MD Formulations My Personal Peel System ( 20% glycolic). I read that Lactic acid was milder than glycolic so decided to go with the 50% Lactic to start with. I don't know the specifics of how this works but your face has to build up a tolerance level to the peels so thats why they recommend you start low and build up. We all want immediate results and some people have resistant skin that can get away with plunging in to the deeper peels right away but, personally, I don't want to find out that I am not one of them after the fact. Its my face, I can't hide it, so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

The first time I tried this peel, I started with a one minute application. I noticed mild tingling and not much else but the next morning my face felt sooo soft and moisturized, I loved it. I added 1 min each time until I was doing 5-6 minutes. I noticed a subtle improvement on my face each time and was so impressed. I've struggled with stubborn, resistant hyper-pigmentation (melasma) around my eyes for years. I tried countless products that seemed to work for others but did not work for me. Only photofacials had been able to remove it but it returned with the slightest bit of sun (hyper-active melanocytes) so photofacials were just too expensive as a temporary solution. These peels, week by week, (along with a combination of other products I have listed on my profile), slowly faded them. As I moved on to stronger peels, its like 95% gone.

NOTES ON PEELS:
-Don't do it more often than they recommend. They recommend you do it every so often for a reason. Your skin has to have time to heal and develop new skin before you strip it away again.
-You HAVE to wear sunblock. Your skin is more exposed and vulnerable to damage from sun. Protect it. If you don't you are canceling out or even reversing your progress. I like this one, Ole Henriksen Protect the Truth Sunscreen SPF 50+-1.7 oz. Its not the best moisturizer but as a sunblock, its great. Its my favorite because its hard to find high spf that doesn't leave a white haze, smell funky or make your eyes tear up.
-When you are doing your peels, make sure you start with a clean DRY face, water will dilute the acid in your peel. I am wondering if thats why some people did not see any results. I wash my face, swipe it with alcohol on a cotton ball to remove any leftover oils and to help dry it. Wait 10-15 minutes, then apply the peel.
-Use a fan brush like this oneTaklon Fan Mask Brush Acid Applicator for Glycolic Lactic TCA Skin Peel / Masques (Small). Mine has lasted over a year. You can use cotton balls/squares but I think they absorb product so you will waste some and get less peels out of your bottle.
-Watch your face when the peel is on. The recommended time is a guideline, everyones skin is different and reacts differently. Thats why they recommend you start slow. Some are ok 1 min the first time, others the full 4 min. Once your skin starts looking pinkish, its time to remove. If it gets red, you've gone too long.
-Make sure you wash off ALL of the acid. Wash, rewash, wash again. I like to shower right after to make sure its all gone. Any leftover acid will continue to work its way into your skin. I like to use a post peel neutralizer as an extra precaution. MD Formulations had a post peel neutralizer that was AWESOME but they don't sell it individually. I am trying this one Neutralizer skin pH balancer helps balance the pH of your skin for the safe and effective neutralization after peeling.. It works but I am still trying to find one more like the MD formulations one. You pour onto cotton ball and sweep your face right after peel, then wash it off with water. You can also mix your own neutralizer using baking soda and water.
-Moisturize after. This one has been my favorite to use after, Hydrating Repair Peptide Wrinkle Cream (Post Peel) - Enhanced with Matrixyl® 3000, Argireline®, Hyaluronic Acid & Natural Botanical Extracts. I also use it as a night cream. Very moisturizing and doesn't feel greasy or leave a residue.

Link to acid I use: http://www.amazon.com/Lactic-Acid-P...F8&qid=1387357131&sr=1-1&keywords=lactic+acid

Poor thing.

Reason # 252.6....that this world sucks for not naturally pretty women, particularly those with naturally long eyelashes and thick eyebrows. I am cursed with minimal of both.

All I can say is, if he leaves, I suggest she tamp down the makeup some so its less of a shock. She really i skilled. Wish I had the potential and patience to be that good with the warpaint....

Everyone one deserves to look and feel beautiful. Everyone is beautiful in their own right and I truly believe that. Outward beauty is highly subjective. There are people out there, men out there, who would date the before picture in the OP.

gabulldawg

I was surprised to see JJ without makeup too. When I saw this video I sent it to a friend, who looks similar to JJ after her foundation is applied, because I've never seen anyone who looked so much like my friend.

http://youtu.be/kZhEK2RmMmo?t=1m42s

Reminds me of beautybyjj. :look: Real talk. I am not playing when I say I was in shock when I saw her without makeup for the first time. :perplexed I'm sorry, but damn. :lachen: I couldn't imagine looking in the mirror and not recognizing myself. I love makeup, but only when it's used appropriately as an enhancer rather than a complete cover up.

I don't think she should leave him at all. He wrote a personal, private message to someone he could trust. He was venting. It's not like he dogged her to her face. And he did say he could see being with her long-term.

Looking at the pics, shoot, I'd be shocked too #imjussayin

Right, that's his initial private thought. He could change his mind and get use to the change. My mom looks very different before and after make up because of dark circles and she has a bad skin care regimen. My dad married her before her makeup years though.

Back