Midback 2008 Challenge

Just the other day, I told my husband that I wanted to grow my hair to my mid back....I just found this challenge! I'm almost APL, and I think I can MBL by December. Please sign me up, too! :grin:

i may have to change the date on my challenge.

i thought id be mbl by july 2008
but it looks like i might actually make it by january or feb 08!:grin:

I thought I expressed interest in joining in this challenge, but my name isn't on the list, so if I already posted please forgive me!! I think that I can do MBL in 08! I'm ALMOST APL (will probably be there by 12/07) and I would love to get to MBL by 12/08. I have started getting really serious about the protective styles (i.e. more buns and styles that keep my hair up). I will admit that I have worn my hair down a lot and I'm hoping that wearing it up will get me over the hurdles of APL and then MBL! I'm really excited. :grin:

I thought I expressed interest in joining in this challenge, but my name isn't on the list, so if I already posted please forgive me!! I think that I can do MBL in 08! I'm ALMOST APL (will probably be there by 12/07) and I would love to get to MBL by 12/08. I have started getting really serious about the protective styles (i.e. more buns and styles that keep my hair up). I will admit that I have worn my hair down a lot and I'm hoping that wearing it up will get me over the hurdles of APL and then MBL! I'm really excited. :grin:

Hey gabulldawg, your name been on the list, It's on the 1st column third from bottom:yep:.

:welcome:ladies to MB 08 challenge. Your names have been added to the list:wiggle:. I am going to rejoin this challenge. All of you ladies are an inspiration. My target date will be 12/31/08.

:welcome:ladies to MB 08 challenge. Your names have been added to the list:wiggle:. I am going to rejoin this challenge. All of you ladies are an inspiration. My target date will be 12/31/08.

I am glad you put your name back on the list. I am staying in protective styles hopefully until March of next year I have done this for the past two years and it seems to work for me. October to March. When I freshen up my braids and/or twists I will be sure to take pictures of different sections for length comparisons.

Yaaaaayyyyy!!! I'm so glad you're back in! I said December, then I realized I left the '08 off. Of course, I mean December '08 is my goal for MBL, and I'm excited that you're back in.

I'm leaving right now to pick up the 4% MN to add to my mix. Gurl!!! It's ON!

I'm glad you're back in Ineedhair, and that this thread was bumped back up.

I've been looking more closely at my back, and I'm not sure I have an actual midback. I think my mbl will just be at full bsl, and I think/ hope I'll hit that about 6/08(around my bday) and then WL stretched by 12/08. I'm about a 1/2 inch from apl now, and for the time being I'm not trimming, and am doing mostly protective styles, so I think "mbl" by next june is feasible.:yep::rolleyes:

Just updating my goals.

:bighug:

Thanks ladies, I guess I shouldn't have given up so easily:(. I kinda:freakout:when I saw how much I chopped off:lachen:. Like I said b4, you ladies are my inspiration and we are all in this hair thing together:theteam:.

Now, back to business. More MB 08 updates!!!!

oooh I want in! Is it too late to join?? I was almost APL when I braided it up 9/22 and I want to hit BSL for my birthday in April.. so if I make the goal I should be able to make MBL by December.:drunk:

Ok I am sorry of this was already covered but what do the corresponiding names mean? Is it just a list thing or do we get partners?

Ok I am sorry of this was already covered but what do the corresponiding names mean? Is it just a list thing or do we get partners?

It means nothing. I am trying to keep all the names on the first post w/o it taking up a whole page.

BUT if you guys want to have partners that's a good idea too!

Just updating. I should be BSL by December! I plan to stay at BSL till spring to give my sides some more time to catch up and then MBL bound once spring hits! I am aiming to be MBL by summer '08.:grin:

This challenge is for anyone that wants to reach MB by 12/08. The only one rule is to keep doing what you're doing to retain length and overall health of your hair.

I will be bumping this thread every 6-8 weeks to check everyone's progress. Anyone else that wants to bump this thread to document their growth, setbacks, etc is welcome to do so.

If you ladies would like to post a starting pic that would great. Mine is my siggy since I will be hiding until December.

Updated 7/03
Ladies, I feel we should step up this challenge just a little since we have a 1 1/2 year to make it to MBL.

Ladies that are BSL your target MBL is 1/08
1-3 inches from BSL your target MBL date is 4/08
APL ladies your target date is 7/08
SL ladies you have until 12/08.

Of course if you don't reach these goals by the target date you have until 12/08. This just gives the challenge a little zing. Please give your target dates also! Mine will be 4/08(I've been trimming)

The challengers are:
Pistachio ***************************** Pittgirl06
Ayeshia ***************************** 20Perlz
HollyGolightly1982*************************** Cocowhite
Delta_Gyrl ***************************** Jaiko
AMR501 *****************************Smuice
ShynessQueen *******************************aharriswarthen
Mermaid0684 **********************************Brandi
Senimoni **********************************Dare-to-dream
Dee Raven **********************************Blackoutzangel05
Beyond Blessed **********************************Curlidiva
RabiaElaine ***********************************Hondahoney007
Tschizum ***********************************Ayjacks
Determined to Grow ************************************Hidden Angel
March 87 ****************************************McrzyG
MissBrandi ****************************************Serenity Breeze
Yamis Girl ***************************************Youngwavey
Taraglam2 ***************************************leleepop
Miz Jackson ***************************************sowhut
Tsmith ****************************************Vandidix
Bablou00 ****************************************Taj
Chickory Bee ****************************************Toninatl
Honeybad girl ****************************************Coconow2007
rdm ****************************************Vivacious1083
Wheezy807 ****************************************Divake22
Indigodiva ****************************************Singingstar12
blackButtafly *****************************************Mscocoface
Flawedbeauty ****************************************Shadylane21
Energist ***************************************Jadeferia
Brownsis ***************************************Seynone
Minnie ***************************************Cheeks87
Mimisilvergirl[/b] *************************************Eisani
Cholet112 *****************************************MsKipani
Ajoyfuljoy *******************************************HoneyA
Blackbird77*******************************************Oneinamillion
Yamisgirl*********************************************Joanna721
Finewine83********************************************luvingme
Zawaj ********************************************Maleucia
Goldenbreeze[/B]***********************************Carletta
Mytialpn ******************************************The Savvy Sistah
Lafaraone ********************************************tenjoy

Luna916**********************************************NikkiPoo
RunRunRunner******************************************Starxcel
WhitneySimone*****************************************Curlycraze
Pixel Lady*********************************************Erokawa
Afrolinda*********************************************KBFLUff
Whimsy *********************************************Justmesteph
MsLaLa*******************************************MsBrown76
BlackPearl1*****************************************Wheezy807
AlwayzL8*********************************************Missty1029
onpoint
motherx2esq
Queenvdb
leah381
tnorenberg
Lavendar
Tiffchelle22
gabulldawg
TLC1020
Ambermoon

Glamourous
SDFW
Moroni
Andrea
DEN1
April J
Nicole1976
Elegance Unleashed
Missivi
MariposaSexyGirl
Cat eyes

Skyborn09 (april 08)

Are there anyother SL folks taking on this challenge?:ohwell:

I think I am setting myself up for disappointment....

Do you guys thinks it's feasible to go from SL to MBL Dec 08'??????

Back