Miconazole Nitrate

Sheesh, this stuff is pricey, yet goes so quickly! Has anyone tried to find it in bulk at Costco, so at least it will last longer than a week?

I may try to head out that way this wknd and will report back....

Undefeated Queen said:
Hi. I found a post in this thread that describes her mix:

I apply the cream mix straight (I don't mix with any oils just the cayenne pepper cream the cortizone cream and the MN cream) in the morning.....I apply the MTG at night before going to bed.

Hope that helps.

Hi Undefeated Queen, do you use the cream mix and MTG daily?

Guys,

I know it’s all been said, but I am LOVING how fuller my hair has gotten. It is more noticeable on a weekly basis now. Other people have started to notice, as well. :)

I am not sure I will make my goal of full shoulder length by July 21 because my hair seems to be growing out and filling in more than anything else. I know that while my hair is straight or wet, it is already shoulder length, but I wear it with a little curl in it.

Anyway, using anti-fungal creams to boost growth is proven effective!!

I still wonder why it works so well, though. :confused:

vevster said:
I'm using the Sheeps Sorrel cream mentioned in Essence. That is designed for HAIR. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

hi vevster,

do you mind telling me where you purchased this & what effect it had on you hair? tia

HoneyDew said:
Guys,

I know it’s all been said, but I am LOVING how fuller my hair has gotten. It is more noticeable on a weekly basis now. Other people have started to notice, as well. :)

I am not sure I will make my goal of full shoulder length by July 21 because my hair seems to be growing out and filling in more than anything else. I know that while my hair is straight or wet, it is already shoulder length, but I wear it with a little curl in it.

Well alot of people are believers because the Neosporin AF is getting very hard to find. The store shelves are getting empty fast. A fellow board member could not find it anywhere and asked me to keep and eye out for it for her and pick it up. I was at the grocery store and they were totally out of them. I went to CVS and they only had 2 left on the shelf.

marie170 said:
Well alot of people are believers because the Neosporin AF is getting very hard to find. The store shelves are getting empty fast. A fellow board member could not find it anywhere and asked me to keep and eye out for it for her and pick it up. I was at the grocery store and they were totally out of them. I went to CVS and they only had 2 left on the shelf.

Marie170 where were you able to find it? I'm in Columbia and couldn't find it at Walmart or CVS.

Thanks in advance.

ok ladies I have read through all the posts and had a question:
I have a tube of monistat cream and hydrocortisone cream now I won't be able to go to the store until some time next week....can I use both together,or seperately,just to see what happens between now and then? tia ladies

REConsul said:
Marie170 where were you able to find it? I'm in Columbia and couldn't find it at Walmart or CVS.

Thanks in advance.
ohh no, do i have the right one... Daktarin daul action for athletes foot???

Doll said:
Hi Undefeated Queen, do you use the cream mix and MTG daily?

I used cayenne pepper mixed with neosporin AF and a little motions hairdress. I added that mix to EVOO on Sunday. My relaxer is only 4 weeks old and I got a lot of new growth.:grin:

HoneyDew said:
Guys,

Hi Honeydew: What is your regime (in other words)...do you mix your MN cream with any other solution or just use it straight. I love that your hair is growing thicker. That's my current goal to thicken my hair as well as grow it longer.

Thanks so much for sharing. I thank everyone here. God bless you. :)

After much fear and trepidation, I went and bought the dreaded Capzacin (or how ever you spell that stuff). I mixed it with the Neosporin AF...I love the texture of the two together!

I didn't experience any burning or tingling upon applications. However, this morning when I got back from the gym, things started to "heat up" a bit! :lol: Nothing to the magnitude that I've experienced in the past. It's very bearable.

My mixture was equal parts of both. I took photos this morning so I'm keeping track. I'll upload them to my album in a week or two.

REConsul said:

Thanks in advance.

I found it at a CVS in Laurel...they only had 2 left.

REConsul said:

Thanks in advance.

I am in Columbia, too and I agree, every place is OUT of Neosporin AF.

I did see some at the Safeway in Kings Contrivance.

ShimmieGirl said:
Hi Honeydew: What is your regime (in other words)...do you mix your MN cream with any other solution or just use it straight. I love that your hair is growing thicker. That's my current goal to thicken my hair as well as grow it longer.

Thanks so much for sharing. I thank everyone here. God bless you. :)

I don't mix anything. I just apply it straight and style my hair. I like that it melts quickly.

That's all I do.

I was reading through this thread and I decided to give this stuff a try. Y'all weren't lyin when y'all said that this Neosporin AF was hard to find. I went to a CVS in Downtown DC near my job and there was only one sad little box left and that was hidden behind some other stuff!! I either foiled the plans of a fellow LHCFer or someone with really itchy feet!! :sekret: :lachen:

KiniKakes said:
Sheesh, this stuff is pricey, yet goes so quickly! Has anyone tried to find it in bulk at Costco, so at least it will last longer than a week?

I may try to head out that way this wknd and will report back....

Hmmm... Let a sista know if you find this to be true. :sekret:

BabyImaStarr said:
I was reading through this thread and I decided to give this stuff a try. Y'all weren't lyin when y'all said that this Neosporin AF was hard to find. I went to a CVS in Downtown DC near my job and there was only one sad little box left and that was hidden behind some other stuff!! I either foiled the plans of a fellow LHCFer or someone with really itchy feet!! :sekret: :lachen:

Girl, I am having the same problem. We have wiped out the Neosporin AF supply in the entire DC/MD/VA area!!!

Hey guys check this product out:

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100334&navAction=jump&navCount=2&id=prod1525927

Remedy Anti-fungal cream

Active Ingredients
Miconazole Nitrate 2%
Ingredients
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice , Ascorbic Acid , Ascorbyl Palmitate Vitamin C , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride , Cetyl Dimethicone , Cholecalciferol Vitamin D3 , Citric Acid , Diazolidinyl Urea , Fragrance , Glycerine , Glycine Soja Oil Soybean , Glycine , Hydroxytyrosol , L-Cysteine , L-Proline , L-Taurine , Methylparaben , Methylsulfonoylmethane , Niacinamide Vitamin B3 , Olea Europaea Fruit Oil Olive , PEG-8 , Polyquaternium-37 , PPG-1 Trideceth-6 , Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate Dicaprate , Propylene Glycol , Propylparaben , Pyridoxine Vitamin B6 , Retinyl Palmitate Vitamin A , Tocopherol , Water , Zea Mays Oil Corn

HoneyDew said:
Hey guys check this product out:

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100334&navAction=jump&navCount=2&id=prod1525927

Remedy Anti-fungal cream

Active Ingredients
Miconazole Nitrate 2%
Ingredients
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice , Ascorbic Acid , Ascorbyl Palmitate Vitamin C , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride , Cetyl Dimethicone , Cholecalciferol Vitamin D3 , Citric Acid , Diazolidinyl Urea , Fragrance , Glycerine , Glycine Soja Oil Soybean , Glycine , Hydroxytyrosol , L-Cysteine , L-Proline , L-Taurine , Methylparaben , Methylsulfonoylmethane , Niacinamide Vitamin B3 , Olea Europaea Fruit Oil Olive , PEG-8 , Polyquaternium-37 , PPG-1 Trideceth-6 , Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate Dicaprate , Propylene Glycol , Propylparaben , Pyridoxine Vitamin B6 , Retinyl Palmitate Vitamin A , Tocopherol , Water , Zea Mays Oil Corn

It sounds good. It has MSM in it.

LionsMane said:
You can't possibly be serious... are you sure you don't have this mixed up with MINOXODIL?

Unless you and your mother have a ringworm on your scalp, I don't see how this is benefitting you at all.

For those of you falling for this if that's what she meant... you must be on crack.

Harsh :mad:

PrettyHaitian said:

I know, but look at the date on that - sometime in 2003.

At this point, it is not a matter of "falling" for anything, if it ever was.

I think we are all smart enough to make wise choices about things.

At this point, it is proven and researched to be helpful.

Anti-fungals are being used to help with hair growth - anyone can google it.

I always tell people to research Nizoral to get more info, there are some studies floating around about it.

HoneyDew said:
I am sure it has something else in it - some kind of base. They seemto be only listing the active ingredient.

I think it is straight Miconazole Nitrate because that is the actual name of the product "Miconazole Nitrate" and usually when there are other ingredients doesn't it say "Active ingredient" not just "Ingredients?"

Maybe I will call and see if I can find out more info...but this might be the way to go...it is super cheap.

HoneyDew said:
I know, but look at the date on that - sometime in 2003.

At this point, it is not a matter of "falling" for anything, if it ever was.

I think we are all smart enough to make wise choices about things.

At this point, it is proven and researched to be helpful.

Anti-fungals are being used to help with hair growth - anyone can google it.

I always tell people to research Nizoral to get more info, there are some studies floating around about it.

I wouldn't have even lowered myself to respond to that comment. Once again if you don't like the thread..stay out of it and keep it moving.

marie170 said:
I think it is straight Miconazole Nitrate because that is the actual name of the product "Miconazole Nitrate" and usually when there are other ingredients doesn't it say "Active ingredient" not just "Ingredients?"

Maybe I will call and see if I can find out more info...but this might be the way to go...it is super cheap.
I found this on ebay for a 1.77 a tube!!! and i just brought like 10 boxes of AF cream. O well now i know. LOL

Back