Miconazole Nitrate

LipGlassHoney said:
Well I said that I was going to keep this a HUGE secret that I was even THINKING about using this but it's out now because I just have to share this. I'm not sure if this is even big news but I just bought a 30gm tube for $2.80 at Osco Drug. I asked the pharmacist if she had a bigger tube of miconazole nitrate and she went and got it for me. She even said that I could buy them anytime I want but to call first to be sure she has them and if not she will order them for me. I haven't started yet but I'm glad I don't have to pay a lot for it if it doesn't work for me. I will keep you posted in pictures.

ETA: This is the 2% miconazole nitrate.

:eek: Ok, I feel stupid. I used to buy sunscreen way below cost from the pharmacist. :wacky:

LondonDiva said:
To the UK ladies. Purchase the Daktarin in the green and white tube. I got the 15g tube from the pharmacy in Superdrug for £3.89, today i went in to get some more and asked if they had a bigger tube. The 30g one was only £1.00 more expensive for double the amount of cream at £4.99 so I say to ask at the pharmacy for this one. They may not have it out on the shop floor. The Daktatin Gold doesn't have MN as the active ingredient, you just want the 30g tube of Daktarin.
thanks!!! im off to superdrug monday.

beadedgirl said:
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: THATS TOOO FUNNY.......I BET THE MANUFACTURER IS GONNA WONDER WHY THE SURGE IN NEOSPORIN AF SALES!!!!!!!!........HELL I SHOULD CONTACT THEM PEOPLE AND TELL 'EM..HEY,PLEASE START PRODUCING THIS CREAM IN A LARGER TUBE!!!!:lol: :lol:

And if this turns out to work and ladies start abandoning their MTG , I know Shapley's is gonna be sick. I'm sure we make up a LARGE portion of their sales.

I have been using MN 2% for 3 days now. Am I the only one who notices lil tingles/heat right after applying? I amsure thats the sign that its working. My, thats fast!

naturallady said:
I have been using MN 2% for 3 days now. Am I the only one who notices lil tingles/heat right after applying? I amsure thats the sign that its working. My, thats fast!

Yes, I feel it the day after applying it.

Sometimes, I feel a little heat instantly and then the tingles the next day.

For me, it is much more noticable the day after a shampoo.

HoneyDew said:
Yes, I feel it the day after applying it.

Sometimes, I feel a little heat instantly and then the tingles the next day.

For me, it is much more noticable the day after a shampoo.
Yeah, I made sure my scalp was CLEAN before I started using it. The heat and the tingles dont last that long and its not intense so thats good.

BeautifulWideEyes said:
:lol: :lachen: Hahahaaaha, I've been keeping up w/this post the last few days and thought today I would give one of the two a try btwn the MN and the Neosporin AF, well this guy kept watching me and hanging around in the aisle, and I didn't want noone to think I had jock itch, LOL. So I spinned around to the other side of the aisle and there was the Monistat/MN, I just kept looking at it like if I stared hard enough it would just leap into my bag and noone would ever know I purchased it, lol. I don't know why I cared what others thought about me buying the stuff, it was like I was in the spot light or something. I know one thing there both expensive but I would get my money worth from the monistat, for 9 bucks and only have to mix half w/a jar of 8oz. hair cream or to mix the whole tub w/16oz. it would last way longer than the neosporin. Now I have to work up the courage to get the nerve to use the stuff again, and then I'll try maybe at 7am when the doors to walmart first open, :lol: .

:lachen: I felt the same way. I had to buy the Neo Jock Itch one yesterday out the supermarket because they were out of the Athlete's Foot one. I was a little skeptical about taking the athlete's foot one up there the first day too. I was looking all around making sure no one saw me. :lol: The Jock itch one was on sale bc they were discontinuing it but I didn't want people to think I had JI so I bought the AF one. The JI was on sale for $4 and something yesterday and that's the cheapest I've seen it. Both Neosporin AF's were 8.99 in walgreens and 7.99 in rite aid. Most places have them for like $5.74 regular price. I haven't been able to find a knock off anywhere. Maybe I should go back and scoop the rest of the JI one from the market before they're gone since they're on sale. They only had like 3 left.

I started this whole Neo AF (athletes foot) creme regimne, then it came up missing for a couple of weeks. Turns out, my father came and took it out my bathroom. Guess he mistaked it for his, even though it was in my bathroom....:perplexed

Ok, ladies, the Giant near my house is completely out of Neosporin AF. When I first started doing this a few months ago, they were always in stock. Now - not ONE SINGLE TUBE! I know the last time I was in there, they had about a half dozen on the shelf.

What’s going on?!? :)

And I agree with everyone else, I can go through a tube a week, I wonder if the knock offs are as good.

Well, I reluctantly bought some Monistat 3. I have to say, I don’t like it. Way too thick and drying, in my opinion.

I need to find more of my Neosporin AF or try some Lotriman AF instead. Neosporin AF actually makes my scalp less dry.

Last edited:
EishBuhgeish said:
I started this whole Neo AF (athletes foot) creme regimne, then it came up missing for a couple of weeks. Turns out, my father came and took it out my bathroom. Guess he mistaked it for his, even though it was in my bathroom....:perplexed

:lol::lol::lol::lol: This is funny. Are you going to tell him that's yours?

Keen said:
:lol::lol::lol::lol: This is funny. Are you going to tell him that's yours?

Probably not. If I see it in his bathroom again, I'll take back AGAIN. Besides, I dont want to get on his bad side when it comes to his hygiene products. I eyed some of his products and he's got quite a bit of products containing our magical ingredient :grin: ....

Reminds me of a question I wanted to ask you all...
Has anyone tried the MN spray? He's got a full can of that in his armoire that I'm looking to try out.....:sekret:

HoneyDew said:
oh, guys I meant to tell you,

Now my BF has been calling me "Fast Actin' Tinactin" because I have been putting Neosporin AF on my scalp. :p

I think Tinactin is for Athlete's foot too, but that is what he has been calling me.

That is too funny! :lachen: :lachen:

Phoenix said:
And if this turns out to work and ladies start abandoning their MTG , I know Shapley's is gonna be sick. I'm sure we make up a LARGE portion of their sales.

OK?!?!?! How about that!!! :lachen: :lachen:

I got some mad growth going on over here!!! :D I absolutely LOVE the cream mix I'm using!!!! I still haven't braided my hair but my twists are *definitely* MUCH longer....my "regular" fro is turning into a BAA!! At this rate I will make it to bsl long before Dec 2007. :p

I'm still taking pictures....I'll post them soon!

EMJazzy said:
I got some mad growth going on over here!!! :D I absolutely LOVE the cream mix I'm using!!!! I still haven't braided my hair but my twists are *definitely* MUCH longer....my "regular" fro is turning into a BAA!! At this rate I will make it to bsl long before Dec 2007. :p

Congratulations!! I'm still growing like crazy over here too. Time to perm again.

Sade7 said:
Congratulations!! I'm still growing like crazy over here too. Time to perm again.

I am so glad to hear about everyone's growth.

Now I don't feel like such a nut job when using this stuff. :)

Keen said:
Yall really going to make me get this?

thats what i'm saying!! now we gonna have peeps walking around with itching privates and foot corrosion because we want to grow hair faster :lachen:

Don't get it twisted, I just came from CVS with my 2% :look:

:sekret: but only you ladies know that! :sekret:

Ooo, guess what yall??

I went to the dollar store to pick up some more ORS packs and found Dollar General brand Miconazole Nitrate Cream 2%- for 5 bucks a tube! But get this- the tube was 45grams /1.59 oz!! :clap: Thats three times the amount that Neo AF gives you! (rough estimate). If you ladies live in PG county, MD-I'm talking bout the Dollar General right next to the Auto Zone and across the street from the Post Office on Marlboro Pike.

I just had to share that with yall...I considered this to be a big find since MN seems to be mysteriously disappearing off shelves...:sekret:

EishBuhgeish said:
Ooo, guess what yall??

I went to the dollar store to pick up some more ORS packs and found Dollar General brand Miconazole Nitrate Cream 2%- for 5 bucks a tube! But get this- the tube was 45grams /1.59 oz!! :clap: Thats three times the amount that Neo AF gives you! (rough estimate). If you ladies live in PG county, MD-I'm talking bout the Dollar General right next to the Auto Zone and across the street from the Post Office on Marlboro Pike.

I just had to share that with yall...I considered this to be a big find since MN seems to be mysteriously disappearing off shelves...:sekret:

Thanks for the info..I live in PG county and have no idea where you are talking about:lol: I will have to try and find one somewhere...

marie170 said:
Thanks for the info..I live in PG county and have no idea where you are talking about:lol: I will have to try and find one somewhere...

Yeah I'm in PG too at school. I might have to find that store when I get off this afternoon...

EMJazzy said:

Do you mind sharing what the cream mix you are using is made out of?

Thank you!

NYHoney said:
Do you mind sharing what the cream mix you are using is made out of?

Thank you!

Hi. I found a post in this thread that describes her mix:

I apply the cream mix straight (I don't mix with any oils just the cayenne pepper cream the cortizone cream and the MN cream) in the morning.....I apply the MTG at night before going to bed.

Hope that helps.

EishBuhgeish said:
Ooo, guess what yall??

Thank you, I live in PG county, but I have no idea where that is :(

EishBuhgeish said:
Ooo, guess what yall??

Umm is this the one :grin:

Family Dollar
6611 Marlboro Pike, District Heights, MD 20747
(301) 736-8300

And also anyone who lives near CVS they have the knockoff MN 2% (its with the monistat products). I got the 1.59oz for 5.99! Its actually 8.99 but they had 3 coupons, one for $2.00 off a 10 purch (I picked up something else) and one for $1.00 off CVS brand products. I asked the lady if they sold MN behind the pharmacy and she pointed me to monistat and also gave me the coupons.

of course I place it FACE DOWN on the counter and the cashier rings it up and places it FACE UP :eek: . He's lucky there was no one behind me. :lol:

EishBuhgeish said:
Ooo, guess what yall??

JazzyDez said:
of course I place it FACE DOWN on the counter and the cashier rings it up and places it FACE UP :eek: . He's lucky there was no one behind me. :lol:

WalMart....Self Check Out!!! :lol: :sekret:

It's the ONLY way to go! :look: :lol:

Back