Miconazole Nitrate

gn1g said:
I have very sensitive skin and scalp. Therefore I was a little reluctant about trying this concotion. However I went and purchased the capazician? and mixed it with the MN. I pooed and con my hair last night and while it was wet I applied the mixture. My head was on fire - like a perm! I kept debating whether or not to wash it out. I turned on a fan and tolerated it. My DH kept saying you better get that out of ur head before you go bald. After about 3 hours the burning died down. I hope this works.

Sometimes when I use Lenzi's Request my head burns like that, and shortly after that a growth spurt starts. I am hoping that this mixture will give me the same results with out the scent.

I am also hoping that this solution will help my scalp because lately I have been having large flakes of dandruff/scalp.

I have very sensitive skin, as well, gn1g. I don't think I could handle capazician.

Does anybody remember if this was the thread that someone was questioning if the MN might be making people's relaxers revert instead of it really being new growth?

BeautifulWideEyes, Edie, VWVixxen, and everyone else:

I'm finally convinced, I don't wanna be left out--Count me in! MN/Neosporin AF Challenge here I go! I don't know how long this challenge is for (maybe I missed it somewhere in the threads), but for now, I'm using the cream straight daily from yesterday May 2 to the end of May--to stay in the 4 week limit--and then check back. Hopefully I'll be as successful as you ladies. I still don't want to give up my MTG, so perhaps I'll concentrate on thinner areas at first.

marie170 said:
Does anybody remember if this was the thread that someone was questioning if the MN might be making people's relaxers revert instead of it really being new growth?

yeah, we did talk about that. i don't see how it can revert relaxed hair.

I don't think I have ever had reversion from anything, actually.

When people use that term, it always confuses me. I thought relaxers are permanent.

Now, I do have flatironed new growth revert, but even my moisturizers do that.

marie170 said:

My hair is natural. When I measure my hair, since it is long already. I put on what I call my growth chart shirt. It has tiny horizontal stripes on it. As my hair grow, I mark off the last measurement with a waterproof marker. As you can tell, I do not wear this shirt out. It was a cheap buy at $5 and I got it specifically for measuring my hair. In fact I bought several of them. So I can definitely tell when my hair is growing simply by putting the shirt on, then putting the tape against my scalp at several different points and measuring down to the horizonal lines.

HoneyDew said:
When people use that term, it always confuses me. I thought relaxers are permanent.

Now, I do have flatironed new growth revert, but even my moisturizers do that.

I am just as confused as you when ppl say that, HoneyDew. :confused:

I dont think its "reverting" the relaxer or anything like that. But I do know that the water content of the M.N. has a tendency to make my roots look wavy/curly and I wonder if ppl could be mistaking this for reversion or even new growth. Either way, after my hair is freshly washed/roller set the roots look straight again.

I was asked the question yesterday about if MN might be making people's relaxers revert but I honestly don't think so...

Rite Aid Brand - Buy one get the other 50% off. You know that Rite Aid has large tubes right. I skip to counter and have no money. Left it at my desk.:mad:

I will go back during my break.

missdrea said:

I'm finally convinced, I don't wanna be left out--Count me in! MN/Neosporin AF Challenge here I go! I don't know how long this challenge is for (maybe I missed it somewhere in the threads), but for now, I'm using the cream straight daily from yesterday May 2 to the end of May--to stay in the 4 week limit--and then check back. Hopefully I'll be as successful as you ladies. I still don't want to give up my MTG, so perhaps I'll concentrate on thinner areas at first.

Miss Drea, I havent given up my beloved MTG either! I use the M.N. in the morning/afternoon throughout my hair...... and then in the evening I use MTG. By the next morning, the MTG has soaked into the scalp and it is ready for my M.N. application. I hope to see "double" the growth with this method! :lachen:

KiniKakes said:
Miss Drea, I havent given up my beloved MTG either! I use the M.N. in the morning/afternoon throughout my hair...... and then in the evening I use MTG. By the next morning, the MTG has soaked into the scalp and it is ready for my M.N. application. I hope to see "double" the growth with this method! :lachen:
im doing the same routine startin from tonight :-)

Girl you and me both, lol, the most I did was pour out the oil to my MTG and use the sulfur only added to my hair grease concoction.
HoneyDew said:
Wow, M.N. and MTG at the same time. You guys are no joke!

I know I could not handle that! :)

BeautifulWideEyes said:
Girl you and me both, lol, the most I did was pour out the oil to my MTG and use the sulfur only added to my hair grease concoction.

I must say - we are all creative ladies when it comes to our products. :)

gn1g said:
I have very sensitive skin and scalp. Therefore I was a little reluctant about trying this concotion. However I went and purchased the capazician? and mixed it with the MN. I pooed and con my hair last night and while it was wet I applied the mixture. My head was on fire - like a perm! I kept debating whether or not to wash it out. I turned on a fan and tolerated it. My DH kept saying you better get that out of ur head before you go bald. After about 3 hours the burning died down. I hope this works.

Sometimes when I use Lenzi's Request my head burns like that, and shortly after that a growth spurt starts. I am hoping that this mixture will give me the same results with out the scent.

I am also hoping that this solution will help my scalp because lately I have been having large flakes of dandruff/scalp.
What measurements of 'capa' did you use and how did you mix it?

gn1g said:
So should we be using this mixture for a set period of time and then taking a break?

I have no idea if it's recommended, I reread the label regarding usage and it says if a condition hasn't cleared up over certain amount of time, to consult a physician. I'm not sure if that has to do with the MN or with the medical condition.

I've chosen to do so just as a precaution, I'm not big on taking any type of medication, least of all over a prolonged period of time. While this is external, I choose to err a little closer to the side of caution (without completely giving it up entirely).

missdrea said:

Best of luck to you with the growth! We'll be looking for a progress report here soon! :grin:

VWVixxen said:
I have no idea if it's recommended, I reread the label regarding usage and it says if a condition hasn't cleared up over certain amount of time, to consult a physician. I'm not sure if that has to do with the MN or with the medical condition.

I've chosen to do so just as a precaution, I'm not big on taking any type of medication, least of all over a prolonged period of time. While this is external, I choose to err a little closer to the side of caution (without completely giving it up entirely).

I feel the same way. I'll be taking 4 or so weeks off after my touch up.

I'M BACK FROM BREAK

I just returned from break. I purchased 2 RiteAid version of Neosporin AF for a total of 11.23. 2% MN.

I am going to mix it with WooJee and Surge 14.

edit -- 1 ounce tubes

Last edited:
Hi ladies!

I am in like flynn!!! I started reading this post this morning and practically broke my neck trying to get to the store to get some MN. I bought Monistat, but plan to go back to get the Capsacin and the cortisone.

I've been using MTG and WGO and my hair has thickened up considerably, but I'm not sure I'm seeing much new growth.

I will try to post before and after picks soon.

Thanks ladies for the abundance of information!!!

I don't have anymore room for a challenge link in my Sig. Oh well:ohwell:

I wll add the MN challenge link.:lachen:

LOL, when I had all those tickers I didn't have room for nothing, I got rid of them, :ohwell: , but I wanted to know how do you add links to your siggy. :confused:
Zeal said:
I don't have anymore room for a challenge link in my Sig. Oh well:ohwell:

I wll add the MN challenge link.:lachen:

BeautifulWideEyes said:
LOL, when I had all those tickers I didn't have room for nothing, I got rid of them, :ohwell: , but I wanted to know how do you add links to your siggy. :confused:

To add a link:

1. Copy the complete (URL) link from the Internet Address field above. Be sure to go to the first page.
  2. Open MS Word
    1. Click insert | Hyperlink |In the text to display field, enter the name of you link, i.e. AF Challenge
    2. In the Type file or Web page Field (remove whatever infomaion is there) | Make sure the cursor is in the beginning of the field | Click Control V | Click OK. There you have it
    3. Copy and paste in you Siggy
HTH

Zeal

Oooh, thanks a bunch :D
Zeal said:
To add a link:

1. Copy the complete (URL) link from the Internet Address field above. Be sure to go to the first page.
  2. Open MS Word
    1. Click insert | Hyperlink |In the text to display field, enter the name of you link, i.e. AF Challenge
    2. In the Type file or Web page Field (remove whatever infomaion is there) | Make sure the cursor is in the beginning of the field | Click Control V | Click OK. There you have it
    3. Copy and paste in you Siggy
HTH

Zeal

dontspeakdefeat said:
This MN gives you crazy growth. I relaxed about 9 days ago and I already have more than normal newgrowth. Maybe i'll get an inch this month. I got nearly an inch from using it for a partial month.
I can't remember are you mixing it or usingit straight?

I am sooo excited. I just 25 boxes of generic Monistat (Rite Aid brand) with 4% MN from Ebay. With shipping, I am paying only $2.30 per box (compared to the $12 I paid at Rite Aid). Only problem - it comes with suppositories and small tube of cream, but I read that suppositories melt when kept in a warm place, so it should have the same effect after melting.

carpediem628 said:
I am sooo excited. I just 25 boxes of generic Monistat (Rite Aid brand) with 4% MN from Ebay. With shipping, I am paying only $2.30 per box (compared to the $12 I paid at Rite Aid). Only problem - it comes with suppositories and small tube of cream, but I read that suppositories melt when kept in a warm place, so it should have the same effect after melting.

where did you find the 4% on e-bay?

Keen said:
where did you find the 4% on e-bay?

I just searched for MN and when the Rite Aid brand picture came up, I recognized the picture because that is the one I currently use which is 4%.

Unfortunately, there aren't many others on EBAY. Most are for Monistat 2% and the prices are just as much as in the store once you pay for shipping.

I just got lucky.

Back