Miconazole Nitrate

I got this too. The other ingredients sold me. I had to order it online too so I threw in some Monistat while I was at it :lol:

HoneyDew said:
I had ordered Remedy Antifungal Cream with Olivamine

Active Ingredients
Miconazole Nitrate 2%
Ingredients
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice , Ascorbic Acid , Ascorbyl Palmitate Vitamin C , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride , Cetyl Dimethicone , Cholecalciferol Vitamin D3 , Citric Acid , Diazolidinyl Urea , Fragrance , Glycerine , Glycine Soja Oil Soybean , Glycine , Hydroxytyrosol , L-Cysteine , L-Proline , L-Taurine , Methylparaben , Methylsulfonoylmethane , Niacinamide Vitamin B3 , Olea Europaea Fruit Oil Olive , PEG-8 , Polyquaternium-37 , PPG-1 Trideceth-6 , Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate Dicaprate , Propylene Glycol , Propylparaben , Pyridoxine Vitamin B6 , Retinyl Palmitate Vitamin A , Tocopherol , Water , Zea Mays Oil Corn

EMJazzy said:
I went to Walgreens yesterday trying to find that brand and they didn't have it :( so I guess I'll have to order it online. To keep from wasting a trip I purchased their brand of MN it was $8.99 for a 1.59oz tube. :ohwell:

Yeah, I looked online and it said Web Exclusive so I guess you have to order it.

Hey ladies I went to Dollar General today and they had the MN. They had a 1.59 oz tube for $4. It ends up being a better deal than the ebay items I was looking at. So you guys might want to check if you have a DG in your area. Q

queeny20 said:
Hey ladies I went to Dollar General today and they had the MN. They had a 1.59 oz tube for $4. It ends up being a better deal than the ebay items I was looking at. So you guys might want to check if you have a DG in your area. Q

wow, I WISH I would have saw this yesterday...:wallbash:

VWVixxen said:
:yay: That's awesome! You're very welcome! (I can't take all the credit because some else mentioned it too!). :up:

This is so true. I was able to get my purchases for Neosporin AF refunded to me as well. It's a great turn-over; I'm using the refund to buy more and will continue with this.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, VWVixxen. :) It really helps.

Also the Neo AF is at Wegman's for $5.95 a tube. Not bad compared to other prices that I've seen. At Giant Food Store it costs $8.49 a tube; last week Giant has the nerve to put it on sale at $7.49 :perplexed. (Gee Whiz....!!!).

I'm still going for the other 2% MN options that cost less that I've seen posted here. Thanks everyone for your labors of love.

Is anyone using Lotrimen AF (spelling)? I can't find Neosporin AF in stores. I tried Walmart and CVS. I'm going to try the dollar store today. Are you guys applying Monistat to your scalp?

lana said:
Is anyone using Lotrimen AF (spelling)? I can't find Neosporin AF in stores. I tried Walmart and CVS. I'm going to try the dollar store today. Are you guys applying Monistat to your scalp?

I wonder if it's because we emptied the shelves of Neo AF? :lol:

lana said:
I saw this at my local dollar store. DId not purchase it though because I'm not sure if it's the same thing. I saw a few things there for the same purpose.
Does anyone out there know if Tolnaftate and Clotrimazole the same as Miconazole? I think these might be form of a steroid according to a website I recently saw.

Last edited:
bmoreflyygirl said:
HoneyDew,

Did you get the same results from the stuff from the Walgreens website as you did the Neosporin AF? Thanks

I did nto use it. I am taking a little break from Miconazole Nitrate products so that I can stretch my relaxers out a bit.

It seems like I need a touchup every 3 weeks!

:lol:
HoneyDew said:
I did nto use it. I am taking a little break from Miconazole Nitrate products so that I can stretch my relaxers out a bit.

It seems like I need a touchup every 3 weeks!

Hmmm... Okay thanks. I'm not sure if I wanna order it or not. I do know I'm tired of going through this teeny tube of Neosporin AF once every 5 days for $5. :lol: I've been out since early last week. Haven't had a chance to pick up more yet. Maybe I'll stop by Dollar General and see if I can get the bigger tube from them. I'll be so glad when I graduate and find a real job so I don't have to deliberate on all of my purchases. This broke college student crap is getting old. :ohwell: Only 20 more days...

bmoreflyygirl said:

Hmmm... Okay thanks. I'm not sure if I wanna order it or not. I do know I'm tired of going through this teeny tube of Neosporin AF once every 5 days for $5. :lol: I've been out since early last week. Haven't had a chance to pick up more yet. Maybe I'll stop by Dollar General and see if I can get the bigger tube from them. I'll be so glad when I graduate and find a real job so I don't have to deliberate on all of my purchases. This broke college student crap is getting old. :ohwell: Only 20 more days...

Well, one thing I can say is that the tube is much bigger and a little of it goes a long way compared to the same amount of Neopsporin AF. If you ever can, order it. It is a much better deal and it has much better ingredients. In addition to Miconazole Nitrate, it also has Ascorbic Acid , L-Cysteine , L-Proline , L-Taurine , Methylsulfonoylmethane (msm), several vitamins and more - all good things for hair growth. I actualyl sold this to a friend, but wanted it back after I saw how much of a better deal it is.

If you ever get a chance, check it out, it will be better for your wallet.

HoneyDew said:
Well, one thing I can say is that the tube is much bigger and a little of it goes a long way compared to the same amount of Neopsporin AF. If you ever can, order it. It is a much better deal and it has much better ingredients. In addition to Miconazole Nitrate, it also has Ascorbic Acid , L-Cysteine , L-Proline , L-Taurine , Methylsulfonoylmethane (msm), several vitamins and more - all good things for hair growth. I actualyl sold this to a friend, but wanted it back after I saw how much of a better deal it is.

If you ever get a chance, check it out, it will be better for your wallet.

I'm going to order this on Friday. It does sound good!

baglady215 said:
I'm going to order this on Friday. It does sound good!

My girlfriend has only been using it for 3 days or so, but she did tell me that her scalp is itching more.

I am going to reorder some, as well.

Now that i got my hair trimmed and in order, I feel comfortable using hair growth aids.

But, I still have trouble with the fact that relaxer time is coming around WAY to fast. It can’t be good getting touchups every 4 weeks!

chinyere1 said:
Has anyone researched the long term side effects of apply mn to your scalp.
I know at the beginning of this thread there was someone saying they had been using antifungal crean and 2 other creams mixed together for a year and her growth was great. But i have not done any research myself. her name is Sade7

Last edited:
chinyere1 said:
Has anyone researched the long term side effects of apply mn to your scalp.

I have done some research, but everything I have found is about general use of Miconazole Nitrate and other ‘zoles on skin, not really on the scalp. I did find out that internal ingestion of these meds can be harmful to the liver. Nizoral (ketoconazole) has pills that people should not take for this reason. But, topical application does not have this same effect. There is quite a bit of research that can be found on Nizoral and use of it on the scalp.

I did not see any research on the effects of using ‘zoles for years and years though. But, my dermatologist told me that she has patients that have used Nizoral (or generic version of it) for years for scalp problems and none have has adverse reactions to it.

HoneyDew said:
I have done some research, but everything I have found is about general use of Miconazole Nitrate and other ‘zoles on skin, not really on the scalp. I did find out that internal ingestion of these meds can be harmful to the liver. Nizoral (ketoconazole) has pills that people should not take for this reason. But, topical application does not have this same effect. There is quite a bit of research that can be found on Nizoral and use of it on the scalp.

I did not see any research on the effects of using ‘zoles for years and years though. But, my dermatologist told me that she has patients that have used Nizoral (or generic version of it) for years for scalp problems and none have has adverse reactions to it.

Thanks honey dew i kinda figured that.There were concerns brought up by some people on here and i too looked into it and came up with same info u did,THANKS FOR POSTING IT!!!!!!!;)

bmoreflyygirl said:

You stretch that tiny little tube out for 5 days? :eek: HA. Try 2 days. I guess I use it really generously. :lol:

KiniKakes said:
You stretch that tiny little tube out for 5 days? :eek: HA. Try 2 days. I guess I use it really generously. :lol:

I used it last night for the first time and looked at the tube in :eek: because I can only get 2 days out of it and it cost me $7 at Giant!

Prince3 said:
I used it last night for the first time and looked at the tube in :eek: because I can only get 2 days out of it and it cost me $7 at Giant!

I was wondering what I was doing wrong because I only got 2 days out of my little tube and it was mixed with the cortisone and capsacin.:confused:

But I'm gonna mix a little castor oil in there. Just got my box off of ebay. Thanks for the tip...whoever provided the link.

trinigul said:
I was wondering what I was doing wrong because I only got 2 days out of my little tube and it was mixed with the cortisone and capsacin.:confused:

But I'm gonna mix a little castor oil in there. Just got my box off of ebay. Thanks for the tip...whoever provided the link.

I think it should be lasting at least a week or so...

marie170 said:
I think it should be lasting at least a week or so...

The .05 oz tube? :eek:

Naaah, there's no way that would be possible, the way I apply it. I apply it straight, once daily.... and I make certain to part my hair into narrow sections, and then apply it across the whole part and massage it in. If this thang works as GREAT as everyone says, I want to make certain that the distribution is equal, so that i dont have one section of my hair substantially longer than another. That wouldnt be good at all. :lol:

But anyhoo, im no longer dealing with the .05 oz tubes of Neosporin AF. I finished my last of five tubes today.... and will be using the 1 oz tubes of M.N. that I ordered from the seller on eBay. I ordered 20 tubes for $35 (including shipping). It was a real bargain.

Last edited:
KiniKakes said:
The .05 oz tube? :eek:

Naaah, there's no way that would be possible, the way I apply it. I apply it straight, once daily.... and I make certain to part my hair into narrow sections, and then apply it across the whole part and massage it in. If this thang works as GREAT as everyone says, I want to make certain that the distribution is equal, so that i dont have one section of my hair substantially longer than another. That wouldnt be good at all. :lol:

But anyhoo, im no longer dealing with the .05 oz tubes of Neosporin AF. I finished my last of five tubes today.... and will be using the 1 oz tubes of M.N. that I ordered from the seller on eBay. I ordered 20 tubes for $35 (including shipping). It was a real bargain.

I don't think I am applying as much as ya'll are then and I still feel the growth. It's only been a week and a half for my relaxer and my roots feel a little rough.

OK I don't know what is going on here!!!!! I relaxed on April 11th pretty straight...
Well I started the MN brigade on April 18th or 20th ........ now my hair won't slick as easy.(totally need the scarf).. There are waves at the side of my head... The nappy soul patch in the middle is now at war with me!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

** Ladies am I seeing the truth or is it just a dream?????****
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That link from ebay is the BESTEST. I didn't realize it was a 1oz tube. THIS IS A STEAL! Double as much for a 1/4 of the price. I'm loving this!!!!! How'd they pull this off. This micaderm cream has the same ingredients as the Neosporin.

trinigul said:
That link from ebay is the BESTEST. I didn't realize it was a 1oz tube. THIS IS A STEAL! Double as much for a 1/4 of the price. I'm loving this!!!!! How'd they pull this off. This micaderm cream has the same ingredients as the Neosporin.

I KNOW, right??!!! I was so happy with the member who posted that link.... was it VWVixen??? THANKS GIRL. :grin:

KiniKakes said:
I KNOW, right??!!! I was so happy with the member who posted that link.... was it VWVixen??? THANKS GIRL. :grin:

Kini-

How did your relaxer go? You seem pretty calm, so I guess there were no major catastrophes.

Back