Miconazole Nitrate

KiniKakes said:
I KNOW, right??!!! I was so happy with the member who posted that link.... was it VWVixen??? THANKS GIRL. :grin:

:lol: I get blamed for everything huh?! :lol: :lol: That one wasn't me but I'm sure going to look into it.

I'm so glad you ladies are having success with it! I'm going to be cycling my use, 4 weeks on, 2 off. Because it is a chemical (and it's advised on the packaging not to use for more than 4 weeks on my feetsies, I figure it might behoove me to take a similar approach using it on my scalp.

My .05 tube lasts about 10 days. I make about 8 parts in my head and apply a teeny bit on my fingertip....then I massage my scalp. It will spread to your whole head

Phoenix said:
Kini-

How did your relaxer go? You seem pretty calm, so I guess there were no major catastrophes.

Yeah girl, it went FINE. :)

I had actually forgotten which thread we had originally discussed this in, so I posted my results in another one of the m.n. threads. I guess it was the wrong one. :p

But anyway, everything was gravy. If you recall, I had stopped using the m.n. on Sunday.... and had intended on waiting to relax Friday (5 days later). But I was sooo impatient, that I ended up relaxing Wednesday (3 days later). However, everything was cool. The relaxer took and my hair was just as straight as it normally is.... and there was no unusual burning or irritation. So the m.n. didnt seem to make a difference, and no clashing of the chemicals/ingredients.

HTH. :D

KiniKakes said:

I had actually forgotten which thread we had originally discussed this in, so I posted my results in another one of the m.n. threads. I guess it was the wrong one. :p

But anyway, everything was gravy. If you recall, I had stopped using the m.n. on Sunday.... and had intended on waiting to relax Friday (5 days later). But I was sooo impatient, that I ended up relaxing Wednesday (3 days later). However, everything was cool. The relaxer took and my hair was just as straight as it normally is.... and there was no unusual burning or irritation. So the m.n. didnt seem to make a difference, and no clashing of the chemicals/ingredients.

Hey
What kind of growth did u get??

This MN gives you crazy growth. I relaxed about 9 days ago and I already have more than normal newgrowth. Maybe i'll get an inch this month. I got nearly an inch from using it for a partial month.

mblake8 said:
Hey
What kind of growth did u get??

Oh, I had JUST bought the m.n. and had only used it 4 days prior to relaxing. So I just started using it again, and it will be a full, consecutive week of use this Friday.

So i cant really say just yet.... its too early. :)

Oh, but im doing m.n. in the morning, and mtg in the evening.... so my results will be a combination of both those topical growth enhancers. So it may be hard to determine what is causing my ridiculously, outrageously speedy growth (Lmaooo, you can see I am very optimistic about this).

Luvableboo said:
OK I don't know what is going on here!!!!! I relaxed on April 11th pretty straight...
Well I started the MN brigade on April 18th or 20th ........ now my hair won't slick as easy.(totally need the scarf).. There are waves at the side of my head... The nappy soul patch in the middle is now at war with me!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

** Ladies am I seeing the truth or is it just a dream?????****
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Luvableboo the nappy soul patch(that is so funny) do you relaxed the soul patch? I have a soul patch also, but it is relaxed I am trying to grow it out with MN I hope it grows past my butt I have tried everything to get it to grow. I am praying for longer hair in the crown area to stay on without breaking off!!!!

I am happy with my results! My nape area is full of growth and my edges and hairline has filled in quite nicely. I have focused on these areas more than my entire head.

Undefeated Queen said:
I am happy with my results! My nape area is full of growth and my edges and hairline has filled in quite nicely. I have focused on these areas more than my entire head.

Kewl!!! How long have you been using it?

KiniKakes said:

Thanks. Glad everything went okay.

FSA Update: On my last reimbursement for the Neosporin AF, I was even reimbursed for the tax! My plan reimburses for shipping too... :up: If you have it ladies, UTILIZE!!

jancan7 said:
Luvableboo the nappy soul patch(that is so funny) do you relaxed the soul patch? I have a soul patch also, but it is relaxed I am trying to grow it out with MN I hope it grows past my butt I have tried everything to get it to grow. I am praying for longer hair in the crown area to stay on without breaking off!!!!

The soul patch is relaxed it is a 2 inch by 2 inch section that only gets combed while wet when there is new growth... It is the tightest curled section of my hair ...It just ain't friendly:lol: :lol: :lol:
If the MN is doing this now... What will the patch be like in 4-5 weeks.. boy I sure am scared:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: !!

VWVixxen said:
FSA Update: On my last reimbursement for the Neosporin AF, I was even reimbursed for the tax! My plan reimburses for shipping too... :up: If you have it ladies, UTILIZE!!

Waiting on my direct deposit as i type this. :D

The FSA people must wonder what is wrong with me.

HoneyDew said:
Waiting on my direct deposit as i type this. :D

The FSA people must wonder what is wrong with me.

:lol: I was thinkin the SAME thing yesterday!! :lol: They messed around and finally issued the BennyCards :yay: :weird:

ladies do you mind telling me what tax you are using? I have insurance w/BCBS and would love to know(to call and ask if I can get the reimbursement for the NF).

thanks in advance ladies,
tishee

tishee said:
ladies do you mind telling me what tax you are using? I have insurance w/BCBS and would love to know(to call and ask if I can get the reimbursement for the NF).

thanks in advance ladies,
tishee

Flexible Spending Account - It is actually a job benefit that some companies offer so that meds and health care can be paid for with pre tax dollars.

HoneyDew said:
Flexible Spending Account - It is actually a job benefit that some companies offer so that meds and health care can be paid for with pre tax dollars.

:up: :up:

Adding: Usually you can only make your contributions during open enrollment which happens one time a year. Once your contributions are in place, unless you have a qualifying event (get married, divorced, have a child etc), you are not able to make any changes. It's a use or lose system, whatever monies you contribute, if they are not used at the end of the year, they are forfieted.

It really comes in handy (and saves you taxable dollars becase monies are deducted pretax as HoneyDew stated.)

;)

ETA: They also have it available for Dependent Care, not just Medical/Healthcare.

Last edited:
VWVixxen said:
:up: :up:

Adding: Usually you can only make your contributions during open enrollment which happens one time a year. Once your contributions are in place, unless you have a qualifying event (get married, divorced, have a child etc), you are not able to make any changes. It's a use or lose system, whatever monies you contribute, if they are not used at the end of the year, they are forfieted.

It really comes in handy (and saves you taxable dollars becase monies are deducted pretax as HoneyDew stated.)

;)

ETA: They also have it available for Dependent Care, not just Medical/Healthcare.

thanks VWVixxen!

So I finally got the nerve to get the MN 4%, Wal-mart brand. I added it to my Come Back Hair cream by Liz & Daughters. I also added some sulfur, WGO, and Castor oil. I'll be washing, treating and DC my hair today, and decided to put some cornrows in to watch the growth better since I'm already past 3months post. Is this a Neosporin/MN growth challenge? If so I'm in as of today.:D

I was combing my hair this morning and noticed that my hair looked a little longer so I couldn't resist measuring again. I could not believe what I was seeing. My hair had actually grown some more by a quarter inch in just 5 days. This stuff is amazing. Like I said I may be going through one of my growth spurts but it could also be that I am not only using the neosporin but I am also applying heat to my hair (via a plastic bag on my head with a hot towel for 10 minutes since using it). My hair is growing fast and I mean fast.

Edie said:
I was combing my hair this morning and noticed that my hair looked a little longer so I couldn't resist measuring again. I could not believe what I was seeing. My hair had actually grown some more by a quarter inch in just 5 days. This stuff is amazing. Like I said I may be going through one of my growth spurts but it could also be that I am not only using the neosporin but I am also applying heat to my hair (via a plastic bag on my head with a hot towel for 10 minutes since using it). My hair is growing fast and I mean fast.
wow good news!!!!
u have sum gud growth!!

I have very sensitive skin and scalp. Therefore I was a little reluctant about trying this concotion. However I went and purchased the capazician? and mixed it with the MN. I pooed and con my hair last night and while it was wet I applied the mixture. My head was on fire - like a perm! I kept debating whether or not to wash it out. I turned on a fan and tolerated it. My DH kept saying you better get that out of ur head before you go bald. After about 3 hours the burning died down. I hope this works.

Sometimes when I use Lenzi's Request my head burns like that, and shortly after that a growth spurt starts. I am hoping that this mixture will give me the same results with out the scent.

I am also hoping that this solution will help my scalp because lately I have been having large flakes of dandruff/scalp.

Back