Miconazole Nitrate

HoneyDew said:
I had that problem after I started the no braids or weaves challenge. I did not know what to do with my hair at all. I hated it! But, my hair seemed to thicken as the weeks went on. I deep conditioned twice a week and i also used a shampoo and conditioner rinse that gave me more volume.

Hmmm... I'm gonna have to try that. These Instant Weaves are getting annoying. After this formal boat ride thing at my school this weekend I don't think I'm gonna wear one again for a while. Tishee, I'm just using the AF alone.

ok so which is better? the monistat or the neosporin. i want to make a run to the pharmacy later and i cant make up my mind!!

I think it just depends on what you would like.

Both are M.N but the Neo is 2% and the Monistat comes in either 2% or 4% and Neo is a lighter texture.

When I went to pick up more yesterday (Walgreens)-- I compared the Monistat 4% to the Neo as far as price and quantity---and Neo won out. Even w/ the tube of both 2 and 4% in the Monistat box---it wasn't as much as one tube of Neo.

Dag, I've been putting this off forever. I could have had 6 inches by now!!! LOL. I'm going to Walmart tonight. Hope no LHCFers live in Newark, DE. :sekret:

Has anyone ordered the brand from ebay or Nutricraze? Likes/dislikes?

I just had a relaxer last month but decided to do one this month because my head was so sore from newgrowth. To my suprise, I gained almost a full inch in 4 weeks!! I only used the cream for 3 of the 4 weeks though.

dontspeakdefeat said:
I just had a relaxer last month but decided to do one this month because my head was so sore from newgrowth. To my suprise, I gained almost a full inch in 4 weeks!! I only used the cream for 3 of the 4 weeks though.
Hey DSD :) How much do you usually get? And what are you using Monistat or Neosporin?

Faith said:
Hey DSD :) How much do you usually get? And what are you using Monistat or Neosporin?
I usually get 1/2 inch per month depending on the season. I used the Walmart brand monistat 4% cream. I mix it with a tad bit of oil so it will come out smoother. I think I will use it straight from now on, especially since I will be applying a sewn in weave soon.

dontspeakdefeat said:
I usually get 1/2 inch per month depending on the season. I used the Walmart brand monistat 4% cream. I mix it with a tad bit of oil so it will come out smoother. I think I will use it straight from now on, especially since I will be applying a sewn in weave soon.

I need to look into the offbrand Monistat 4%:scratchch

dontspeakdefeat said:

Double your usual growth..that's great :)
Thanks....I will get some tomorrow.

mblake8 said:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=+++MICONAZOLE+NITRATE++&category0=

I bought 10 1 oz tubes for 1.77 Please check this out and save some money!!!

Also i brought some generic Monstat at walgreens for 7.99(same price as Neo) and it was 3 times the size.

Did the seller combine shipping for all ten tubes, because i notice the shipping is $6.95 for one tube. That is how they get you, boy!!! *smh*

KiniKakes said:
Did the seller combine shipping for all ten tubes, because i notice the shipping is $6.95 for one tube. That is how they get you, boy!!! *smh*
It was .25 for each extra tube so it came out to like 9.00 and i paid 26 something total

mblake8 said:
It was .25 for each extra tube so it came out to like 9.00 and i paid 26 something total

KEWL. So that actually was a really sweet deal. I've added that seller to my Watch List and will for sure be using him when im ready to replenish. THanks for sharing, girl. :)

thanks !!
My hair is itching like crazy as well, and I've been using it 4 less than a week !
That's craaaazy !! and when I run my hands through my hair...I swear it seems I can feel the new growth about to come out ! Is it just wishful thinking ?:lol:
I have a feeling I will see tangible results earlier than expected !By the way, did u get your mtg in the uk ?

LondonDiva said:
I use it once a day. I'm thinking of doing a mix n blend and incorporating my MTG usuage back into the mix. I really don't have time at 6am to be tending to my hair, I do all of that TLC stuff like topical applications to the scalp when I get hime from work.

I wouldn't say tingle is the right word to use, I notice some kind of sensation but it doesn't last long. My hair itches like nobody's business though.:ohwell:

Hmmmmm.... this is VERY interesting.

I have been ignoring this thread for soooo long b/c I had no idea what miconazole nitrate was. LOL (the word seemed too complicated and gave me a headache--- LOL) This is so sad as I learned these drugs before. *smh* Anyway, the fact that it was 44 pages popped out at me and I realized how late I am.

I'm so glad this is taking off b/c I was really disturbed by the monistat thread and the way some ladies were (and still are acting). I felt bad for the o.p. I know I thought it was weird and different, but who am I to judge when I'm putting MTG on my scalp? I thought MTG was weird and different too and now I love it (one of the few- lol).

Anyway, HAPPY HAIR GROWING ladies!!

for those using Monistat, does it cause reversion like some have been saying the Neosporin causes? I plan to workou so I dont know if its gonna matter in the end, but i was jsut curiouis :)

MeechUK said:
Hi Ladies,
can someone post the ingredients in this product?

MeechUK

Daktarin = MN 2%
Macrogol stearate
glycol stearate
unsaturated polyglycolysed glycerides
liquid paraffin
E210
E320
Water

_lovelyness said:
thanks !!
My hair is itching like crazy as well, and I've been using it 4 less than a week !
That's craaaazy !! and when I run my hands through my hair...I swear it seems I can feel the new growth about to come out ! Is it just wishful thinking ?:lol:
I have a feeling I will see tangible results earlier than expected !By the way, did u get your mtg in the uk ?

Girl it's not wishful thinking. I'm on day 6, and yesterday at day 5 I had noticable growth. I am applying twice a day.

Re: Miconazole Nitrate dont use on hair just scalp??

Ok,

On the DAKTARIN website it says do NOT use on hair!!!

So i'm assuming just the scalp? (since the boy who had bald patches only used it on the patches not the hair!)

What do y'all think?

DaktarinCrm15.jpg
Daktarin Cream Size: 15g
</B>
Price: £3.30
Indications
For the effective treatment of fungal and associated bacterial infections of the skin and nails, such as athletes foot, dhobie itch, intertrigo and infected nappy rash. Directions
Adults and children: For skin infections apply cream twice daily. For nail infections apply once or twice daily to affected area and surrounding skin with clean fingers. Ingredients
Cream containing: Miconazole nitrate 2%. Warnings
Do not allow to enter eyes, nose or other body orifices. Do not use on hair, nail bed infections or broken skin

VWVixxen said:
After much fear and trepidation, I went and bought the dreaded Capzacin (or how ever you spell that stuff). I mixed it with the Neosporin AF...I love the texture of the two together!

I didn't experience any burning or tingling upon applications. However, this morning when I got back from the gym, things started to "heat up" a bit! :lol: Nothing to the magnitude that I've experienced in the past. It's very bearable.

My mixture was equal parts of both. I took photos this morning so I'm keeping track. I'll upload them to my album in a week or two.

I decided to try the Capzasin too and my head is pretty hot right now. I was wondering what feedback you had about the Capzasin if any, so far?

I think it's going to work well mixed with the Neo AF.

Suri said:
I decided to try the Capzasin too and my head is pretty hot right now. I was wondering what feedback you had about the Capzasin if any, so far?

I think it's going to work well mixed with the Neo AF.

Hello My Brave Sista! :lol: I've found with the Capzasin that I do not experience any heating unless I've just CO/Shampooed my hair or from scalp perspiration (i.e. my scalp is wet/damp).

Side note: Why did I forget I was doing my hair this morning when I found an eyelash in my eye and decided NOT to use a q-tip but rather my finger? :eek: Almost made me toss my mixture in the trash. :whip:

VWVixxen said:
Hello My Brave Sista! :lol: I've found with the Capzasin that I do not experience any heating unless I've just CO/Shampooed my hair or from scalp perspiration (i.e. my scalp is wet/damp).

Side note: Why did I forget I was doing my hair this morning when I found an eyelash in my eye and decided NOT to use a q-tip but rather my finger? :eek: Almost made me toss my mixture in the trash. :whip:

hi sweetie,

do you mind telling me where the 4% MN can be purchased? I am only seeing the 2%.

tia,
tishee

VWVixxen said:

OMGoodness :eek: :eek: becareful girl!!

tishee said:
hi sweetie,

do you mind telling me where the 4% MN can be purchased? I am only seeing the 2%.

tia,
tishee

I think the 4% MN is in the one day application of Monistat.

Back