Men Not To Date

I’m assuming military veteran? What did she share?
Yes, combat military vet. Her brother served in Afghanistan as did my ex. In a nutshell, they suffer from PTSD that the way they act and think isn’t normal and it’s a lot to deal with in a relationship. They can be paranoid, mood-swingy, disconnected (emotionally) and have strange views about God/religion.
Of course, this may not be all combat vets. But it was true for my bff’s brother and my ex.

What's the deal with Philly men?

I just met one, and I'm curious about what their reputation is.

Warning: This is a very high-level generalization, based on my time living in Philly.

I've found that many of them lack chivalry and all-around respect when it comes to interacting and engaging with women, this is platonic and romantic relationships. In my experience, I've encountered many men from Philly that address women as "jawns" or "females", which I find to be disrespectful. They want to lead but don't have the capacity, as far as agreeableness and approachability (probably not a word), to do so. I've also encountered very passive-aggressive men in Philly, the type with the "must-be-nice" mentality, which is repulsive. Many of them also talk big but don't have any action behind their plans OR they have some other shady things going on that contradict what they say; their words and actions aren't always 100% aligned. Like, pro-Black family, but will cheat on their GFs/fiances and say men aren't meant to be 100% monogamous, or some trash like that.

I also know very respectful, kind, intelligent men from Philly that are very pro-Black/entrepreneurial/pro-Black family. In my experience, I've encountered more of the former than the latter.

This is my experience, having lived on both coasts and 3 continents, when compared to men from other places, I do not prefer to date men from Philly.

Last edited:
Yes, combat military vet. Her brother served in Afghanistan as did my ex. In a nutshell, they suffer from PTSD that the way they act and think isn’t normal and it’s a lot to deal with in a relationship. They can be paranoid, mood-swingy, disconnected (emotionally) and have strange views about God/religion.
Of course, this may not be all combat vets. But it was true for my bff’s brother and my ex.

I know one that didn’t go to combat and he has all these issues too... smh!

I co-sign on Jamaicans! I have a child with one and she is a blessing but I’m done with them and pretty much all West Indian men. I ended a relationship with an Antiguan Gemini/Cancer cusp. Can’t do it! And Cancer men! Dated one recently. He’s the sweetest, sensitive and moodiest man I’ve ever met. My Sag self can’t take the bs! I can’t play ‘ Guess What Mood He’ll Be In Today?’everyday!

I co-sign on Jamaicans! I have a child with one and she is a blessing but I’m done with them and pretty much all West Indian men. I ended a relationship with an Antiguan Gemini/Cancer cusp. Can’t do it! And Cancer men! Dated one recently. He’s the sweetest, sensitive and moodiest man I’ve ever met. My Sag self can’t take the bs! I can’t play ‘ Guess What Mood He’ll Be In Today?’everyday!

Married to a cancer and have a cancer baby. Their emotional roller coasters are for real. :drunk::cry3::lachen:

Last edited:
LEAVE JAMAICANS ALONE!! My ex is one.. this negro had the audacity to call me last month saying he has a baby on the way (third child with a third woman = 3 baby mamas) I asked when is the wedding?!?! God just keep saving me.. fool asked if we can be friends. What’s wrong with these men.. I bought a BOB after him.. I have had enough foolishness to last a life time.

Back