MBL 2010

Just checking in! My regimens may be revamped as I get further in to the challenge.

Hair Regimen

Prepoo overnight before shampooing
Shampoo every 2 weeks
Deep condition every 2 weeks
Protein once per month

BT as directed or every other day
Spritz, moisturize and seal ends nightly
Dust/trim as needed
Silk scarf/silk pillow case

Vitamin Regimen
H2O
Nioxin
Viviscal
Vitamin C
B-complex
Calcium w/D
Multi-vitamin

Last edited:
I'm in the process of stretching and I'm currently 16 weeks post. I plan to stretch until May or June. I'm practicing low manipulation. This is why I'm washing every 2 weeks. My new growth is a beast!:yep:

Last edited:
You can view the photos in my Fotki! In a few weeks I'll be posting more photos of my new growth, a blow out and a length check.:grin: The length check will not be exactly accurate since I'm 16 weeks post, but more of an approximation.

Last edited:
Checking in: I'm still rocking my yarn braids moisturizing daily to every other day and spraying with Chi Keratin mist. I keep them in a satin cap during the day when I'm lounging and when I sleep.

@Designercurls, I just noticed your siggy, you have made amazing progress in 1 yr, I bet you make it to MBL with progress like that...Congratz

Checking in..........I've been working a lot of 12 hour days lately.......still PS'ing although today I decided to wear a side over the shoulder braidout pony. I am planning to relax for Valentine's Day and after that I plan to stretch until my b-day in June.

checking in. my hair has been in a bun for most of the past few weeks. My hair is almost completely texlaxed now so it's too much work to "do" much to it.

I plan on relaxing around the first week of march and taking some pics. I'll post them here.

I'm aiming for full mbl this year, so I'm not sure if I'll wait til the end to trim or trim as I go. We'll see after my relaxer.

ETA: I may use my BT til my next relaxer. I get a burst of growth with it but I get tired of the oil, the smell, and applying daily. I'm too lazy. :lol: It'll be my own personal challenge to use it frequently though.

Last edited:
My hair has been in twists about 2 weeks, so I shampoo'd with MOP C hydrating, conditioned w/ aphogee 2 minute and Lekair cholestrol, then twisted with Cantu LI and Castor oli. I don't like that my ends are tangling so I'll keep an eye on them.

I havent updated here in a while. I've been soo lazy with my hair, nearly been in my install for 8wks. I have been cowashing and DC'ing every 3-4 days. And thats pretty much it. Im trying to keep this install for 12wks but IDK if I can make it. I have a lot of growth right now and Im inching to do a length check. But I know what is going to happen, I am going to take down my install, do the length check, then realize "now I have to deal with my own hair or put another install in" (both of which Im too tired to deal with) So I will regret taking it down early. So this is my motivation to keep it til I hit 12wks, plus my hair will have been hidden for a whole month more so thats means more growth.

hhg

Just checking in....I will be relaxing on this Friday...the end of an attempted 16 week stretch...relaxing on week 14..I have never stretched this long and probaby won't do it again...about 2 weeks ago during a cowash I noticed a little more shedding than I usually get...I will continue to bun after my relaxer....just bought a bunch of hair candy @ my local bss:grin: I will do a length on wet hair & post pics here...I have never been so excited about relaxing my hair...I have jotted down the steps I will take. I will add a little oil to my relaxer this time and may leave in the ORS replin con overnight...my challenge will be not to overporcess the areas of my hair that are now 4-5 inches long (due to my left edges setback)>>>they have grown the were ng length...is that even a length? New growth? Oh well...I was there and unfortunately I could claim it :sad:

Wish me luck ladies!!!:drunk:

I've been Rinsing my hair nightly for the past two nights and I like how soft and moisturized my hair is now! In the morning, my bun is still damp and I just add some moisturizer and oil to the edges and go!
Still bunning! Thinking of trying crochet braids with curly synthetic hair to give a curly/twist-out look! :)

Hi, I'm new here and I'll join in. My current hair lenght is almost touching BSB. I don't know if i'll ever make it but we never know!!

DC 1X week + cowash 1Xweek
Moisturise 2X day +seal with oils
ApHogee 2 step 1X month

I co-washed my hair with Aussie Moist tonight and left a little conditioner in. Now I'm about to wet bun it and air dry. Since using MT, being consistent with my vitamins/supplements, exercise, and healthy eating habits, it feels as if my hair is so much thicker! The new growth on the sides, top, and near the edges (pretty much all over) is starting to feel like the hair in the middle/crown/back area - thick, coily, defined little curls. This is new for me because I have (had?!) fine hair that never grew like that in any other area. I'm excited for these continued improvements! :yay:

ETA: Sealed with EVOO, then wet bun

Last edited:
I co-washed my hair with Aussie Moist tonight and left a little conditioner in. Now I'm about to wet bun it and air dry. Since using MT, being consistent with my vitamins/supplements, exercise, and healthy eating habits, it feels as if my hair is so much thicker! The new growth on the sides, top, and near the edges (pretty much all over) is starting to feel like the hair in the middle/crown/back area - thick, coily, defined little curls. This is new for me because I have (had?!) fine hair that never grew like that in any other area. I'm excited for these continued improvements! :yay:

ETA: Sealed with EVOO, then wet bun

Jade Feria,CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!:bouncegre:trampolin:woot::bouncy::cup::goodone:

it is SO GOOD to hear success stories!!!!
(though many of you may wonder what i'm doing posting on here when i've only got shoulder length hair, but
1. i'm a newbie and
2. one can dream, right?)

I've been Rinsing my hair nightly for the past two nights and I like how soft and moisturized my hair is now! In the morning, my bun is still damp and I just add some moisturizer and oil to the edges and go!
Still bunning! Thinking of trying crochet braids with curly synthetic hair to give a curly/twist-out look! :)

Lolasmane, i have been so wanting to try this rinsing technique on a daily (to give my hair bounce in the morning) or nightly (when i know i won't wake up extra early) basis, so PLEASE share your experience with it!:yep:

what do you rinse your hair with? do you have oils in your hair before you do the rinse? have you ever wrapped it after the rinse? etc....please fill us in!

thank you both, you give me hope!

Just checking in....I will be relaxing on this Friday...the end of an attempted 16 week stretch...relaxing on week 14..I have never stretched this long and probaby won't do it again...about 2 weeks ago during a cowash I noticed a little more shedding than I usually get...I will continue to bun after my relaxer....just bought a bunch of hair candy @ my local bss:grin: I will do a length on wet hair & post pics here...I have never been so excited about relaxing my hair...I have jotted down the steps I will take. I will add a little oil to my relaxer this time and may leave in the ORS replin con overnight...my challenge will be not to overporcess the areas of my hair that are now 4-5 inches long (due to my left edges setback)>>>they have grown the were ng length...is that even a length? New growth? Oh well...I was there and unfortunately I could claim it :sad:

Wish me luck ladies!!!:drunk:

good luck TressObsessed!

keep us posted as to how it went!

Jade Feria,CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!:bouncegre:trampolin:woot::bouncy::cup::goodone:

it is SO GOOD to hear success stories!!!!
(though many of you may wonder what i'm doing posting on here when i've only got shoulder length hair, but
1. i'm a newbie and
2. one can dream, right?)
Thanks, girlie!

You sure can, just be consistent with your regimen..try to keep it as simple as possible and retain as much as you can. Protect those ends!

Checking in...I recently purchased Kenra moisturizing shampoo & conditioner from Trade Secret. The liter is on sale for 50% off!! The sale ends on 2/1. I plan to condition on dry hair. This will be my first time using it. I have a protein overload and needed something that's really moisturizing. I'd also like to try the new sulfate free KeraCare!

going to change my routine for the next few months.

No more heat
wash D/C once weekly until it heats up
braid out wiht four french braids after wash
castor oil on the ends or camellia as needed and daily to hair line
rebraid or bun up nightly
mid week rewetting with a mix of water conditioner and a little oil.

Going to see how this works. I started it this week so far so good. my braid out has helf up well the past 3 days.

Just a little check in:

This morning I DC'd on dry hair w/o heat with AOGBP, co-washed with Aussie Moist and a final condition with Roux Porosity Control. I did a cold water final rinse, put in my Rusk Smoother and John Frieda Frizz Ease then proceeded to detangle. After I was about 75% dry in a plait ponytail I put JBCO on my roots, NTM Silk Touch Leave-In on the length of my hair and then a little EVCO.

My hair is feeling awesome right now!! I can probably stretch a few more weeks than my planned February 10th relaxer but I have plans with my SO. I'm bunning right now and will continue to do so for the majority of this year. I can't wait to get beyond this BSL hump.........

Waiting for my new blow dryer to arrive so that I can use it! My babe ordered the FHI heat salon pro 2000 for me. It doesn't have a comb attachment, but I'll purchase one. I'm excited and can't wait.:grin:

So here's my update. I finally went to my stylist and got a trim. She said that she cut about an inch and a half. So I have some really short layers that are barely bsl and some that are bsl. So hopefully if I can retain my length I will get my full 5 to 6 inches this year. I thought I was going to be upset but Im not because my hair looks and feel so much better. Those ends were raggedy! I'm glad their gone! I have started using nuetrogena tripple moisure and I like it a lot. Going to youtube to look for some more protective styles. I'm hopeful! :)

This is how I do it:
I applied JBCO on to dry hair and scalp, put a plastic cap on and sat under the dryer for 10mins. After the 10mins under dyer I didn't rinse the oil out, I boiled a pot of water (you can wet the turbie and place in mircowave but I don't use/own a microwave), placed my turbie towel in it for 30sec just to get the towel completely wet, applied Elasta QP Intense (you can use dc of your choice). With gloves and a wooden spoon I squeezed the excess water out of the towel, wrapped the towel around my head, covered my head with a plastic cap and sat under the dryer for 20min. Let it cool and hopped in shower, I LOVED how my hair felt afterward it was really soft and smooth:yep:.

You can skip the oil process. I do it as a hot oil treament. If you have an further questions feel free to PM me.

We have something in common because I don't own or use a microwave anymore either.

Checking in. Still cornrowing under a LF. Will rebraid in a few days. A month ago when I took my hair down to rebraid, I was still between BSB & BSL. I don't expect to be able to claim BSL until March or April.

^^^ Girl I threw mine out about 4yrs ago and never looked back. It was rough for the first 6mos and I think my son was having withdrawls:lachen:. Replaced it with a conventional oven, so he's adjusted :yep:.

Just a little check in:

This morning I DC'd on dry hair w/o heat with AOGBP, co-washed with Aussie Moist and a final condition with Roux Porosity Control. I did a cold water final rinse, put in my Rusk Smoother and John Frieda Frizz Ease then proceeded to detangle. After I was about 75% dry in a plait ponytail I put JBCO on my roots, NTM Silk Touch Leave-In on the length of my hair and then a little EVCO.

My hair is feeling awesome right now!! I can probably stretch a few more weeks than my planned February 10th relaxer but I have plans with my SO. I'm bunning right now and will continue to do so for the majority of this year. I can't wait to get beyond this BSL hump.........

I can't either!! I'm so ready for MBL!:grin:

Yesterday I clarified, did a protein treatment with aphogee 2 step, DCed witha mixture of Matrix Biolage ulta hydrating balm, NTM, Aussie moist deeep 3 min miracle, and evoo. Sat under dyrer for like 15 and then rinsed out like 2 hours later. Air dryed and it turned out really nice. Now I'm ready for my relaxer next week.

^^^ Girl I threw mine out about 4yrs ago and never looked back. It was rough for the first 6mos and I think my son was having withdrawls:lachen:. Replaced it with a conventional oven, so he's adjusted :yep:.

My son is still having withdrawals. But we hated the way it made food taste & we just decided it really wasn't worth the extra radiation. We have a toaster oven & it's much better IMO.

Back