MBL 2010

Well, this morning I applied AOGBP to dry hair covered with plastic shower cap and tied on my scarf that has a plastic insert. After 30 mins I rinsed and co-washed with Aussie Moist and Roux Porosity Control. Detangled after applying my Rusk Smoother Leave-in and a little John Frieda Frizz Ease serum. Air dried in a single plaited ponytail. At 80% dry I applied JBCO to my roots and a little NTM Silk Touch to the length.....whew....done!

Just bumping this up a little......

There are a couple of other challenges I joined this year and the one's I'm really excited about that I think will help me with this challenge are the Castor Oil and Bootcamp (1 session) challenges.

Anyone else been scoping out/ joining other 2010 challenges that will hopefully get them to MBL or beyond this year???

Oh yeah, and btw :morepics: j/k I did say you do not have to post pics :look:

In addition to the Castor Oil challenge I'm in several of these:

1. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil challenge. (I use Nutiva Coconut Oil)
2. No Heat challenge is key
3. Water and Exercise challenge
4. Protein challenge. (I do a light to medium protein every week)
5. Protective styles.
6. No and Low Manipulation
7. Rollersetting

hi ladies,

i'm still in this challenge despite getting box braids today. i guess that's part of my plan to reach MBL! i'm currently 13 weeks post relaxer and i will wear these braids for 7-8 weeks. that will put me at 21 weeks post relaxer when i take them out. after that, i'll most likely get a touch up and a MINIMAL trim.

then i'll continue roller setting with no direct heat and DCing until June, when i get braids again.

here is a pic of my hair as of yesterday. lightly blow dried in under 15 minutes in preparation for braiding...

Attachments

• IMG_0669.jpg
    IMG_0669.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I did a co-wash last night and put my hair in Big plaits-because the newgrowth is hard to manage!Used a leave-in and castor oil,Air dry over night with my satin cap and wore my half wig today! I plan to do this for the next 12 weeks!
Took 1000 mg MSM 3 times a day as usual and 1 Vitamin c!

I was so mad at my hair, I about cut it off :mad: It felt oily, but the ends felt dry/crispy, IDK. Anywho, I washed/clarified with ORS Aloe Shampoo, Used the last of my YTC as a conditioner. Then added ORS Olive Oil moisturizer, placed in a braided ponytail for work. It feels better. I will be glad when SalonsRUs get more streamers. The winter air is killin' my tresses. OK :offrant: over.

Going to wash and DC overnight tonight. Tomorrow I won't do anything special. Just apply a leave in then either bun or plait two braids depending on if I go anywhere.

I was so mad at my hair, I about cut it off :mad: It felt oily, but the ends felt dry/crispy, IDK. Anywho, I washed/clarified with ORS Aloe Shampoo, Used the last of my YTC as a conditioner. Then added ORS Olive Oil moisturizer, placed in a braided ponytail for work. It feels better. I will be glad when SalonsRUs get more streamers. The winter air is killin' my tresses. OK :offrant: over.

Cutenss, I had to read your post 2x, I thought you said that you cut off your hair. I was like WTH!!! Girl don't you go cutting your hair off out of frustration :nono:.

Okay so I got a really bad itch a few minutes ago to nudge myself along in getting rid of my "W"................I trimmed/cut about 1.25" off of the left and right side of my hair. It didn't get rid of the "W" but it is not as pronounced. I will not be posting a pic until after my relaxer in a few weeks/ maybe a month :ohwell:.

Now that I've scratched that itch :look: I will be hiding the scissors until December.

Just checking in: I've been cowashing every other day (or every 2 days....its soooooo cold out!) and airdrying in braids or plaits. I've been wearing daily sock buns (braid out buns, smooth buns, etc). Yesterday I used AOGPB conditioner on dry hair for about 30min, then used paul mitchell shampoo two to clarify. I then used giovanni deeper moisture and used a mix of EVOO and giovanni direct leave-in and put my hair in 5 plaits to airdry. My new growth is really lookin good. I'll be 8 weeks post relaxer this tuesday. I don't plan on getting a relaxer till march, so this regimen is helping me keep my NG tamed and moisturized.

I washed with Hair One yesterday. I parted in four and applied Silk Elements Mega Moisturizing Treatment. I left that on for four hours. No heat. Then jumped back in the shower and rinsed. I then let it dry and added HE LTR and sealed with coconut oil. I am stretching for another four months. Will the end of April come on. LOL.

I co-washed yesterday and sealed with Vatika Oil. I let my hair air-dry (80%) and then bunned. I'm going to do an overnight baggy and then rinse and bun in the morning.

Checking in: Still rocking my yarn braids. I washed and dc'd them last night an almost ended up with a neck injury. These things get really heavy when wet. When they finally dry I will go back to spritzing daily with my mixture of water and V05.

checking in: i dc on dry hair yesterday and was going to shampoo and condition after but my hair/scalp felt so great that I just rinsed out the dc (baba de caracol) and use g-direct & air dried. not like my normal routine of just shampoo & dc/roller set but it was good.

Ok, I made a snap decision to stretch until the first week of my birthday month - May. Best month of the year. :look:

Anywhoo :yawn:, my last relaxer was Dec 5. My life has been so stressful that I stopped with the megastretching, relaxing no more than every 3 months. So this will be my first 5 month stretch in a while. But in order to have freshly relaxed hair for my birthday I'd have to relax at 2.5 months twice. That's too soon for me. :nono:

Sooooo, I'm going to do somewhat of a HYH challenge, but not too strict. I am 6.5 weeks post now, so for the next 4 - 5 weeks I'll rollerset tightly or wet bun. After month 3 or 4, I may get some cornrows put in. If the ng gets thick I may straighten towards the end of my stretch.

I hope that I can make MBL after the end of this stretch. I'm excited! :drunk:

Oh, I have also been working out about 4 - 5x a week, drinking water, milk and 100% juice and making fruit smoothies. Plus I have only eaten out a few times this month, I've increased my veggies and I'm eating little to no sweets. This is primarily for my health and skin, but I look forward to the results for my hair growth as well!

Let's get it ladies! I hope to see us all at the MBL finish line! :cool:

Just finished doing a homemade steam treatment letting my hair cool off some before I head into the shower to rinse out.

Last edited:
Just finished doing a homemade steam treatment letting my hair cool off some before I had in the shower to rinse out.

could you please explain more about the homemade steam treatment?

like, did you do it yourself (if so, please say how cuz i'd like to try it...can't find a steamer over here...) and which products did you put on before the steam?

thanks!

i see alot of ladies use conditioner on dry hair.

why is this?

i thought conditioner only went on wet hair because then the hair shaft is open to absorb the elements of the conditioner....?

can anybody explain the difference?

thanks!

Most light conditioners have the same ingredients a leave in or moisturizer would have.
I think xonditioners work on dry hair like moisturizers.

could you please explain more about the homemade steam treatment?

like, did you do it yourself (if so, please say how cuz i'd like to try it...can't find a steamer over here...) and which products did you put on before the steam?

thanks!

This is how I do it:
I applied JBCO on to dry hair and scalp, put a plastic cap on and sat under the dryer for 10mins. After the 10mins under dyer I didn't rinse the oil out, I boiled a pot of water (you can wet the turbie and place in mircowave but I don't use/own a microwave), placed my turbie towel in it for 30sec just to get the towel completely wet, applied Elasta QP Intense (you can use dc of your choice). With gloves and a wooden spoon I squeezed the excess water out of the towel, wrapped the towel around my head, covered my head with a plastic cap and sat under the dryer for 20min. Let it cool and hopped in shower, I LOVED how my hair felt afterward it was really soft and smooth:yep:.

You can skip the oil process. I do it as a hot oil treament. If you have an further questions feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
This is how I do it:
I applied JBCO on to dry hair and scalp, put a plastic cap on and sat under the dryer for 10mins. After the 10mins under dyer I didn't rinse the oil out, I boiled a pot of water (you can wet the turbie and place in mircowave but I don't use/own a microwave), placed my turbie towel in it for 30sec just to get the towel completely wet, applied Elasta QP Intense (you can use dc of your choice). With gloves and a wooden spoon I squeezed the excess water out of the towel, wrapped the towel around my head, covered my head with a plastic cap and sat under the dryer for 20min. Let it cool and hopped in shower, I LOVED how my hair felt afterward it was really soft and smooth:yep:.

You can skip the oil process. I do it as a hot oil treament. If you have an further questions feel free to PM me.

Oooh good idea! :yep: I have been neglecting my turbie towel for months. It's time for us to become reacquainted! :lol:

i bought a new conditioner/DC today. Its called Biotin Conditioner (can't remember the brand). I picked it up and GNC. the ingredients sound really good, and biotin is actually listed right after water as an ingredient. i also went to CVS and got some ORS replenishing packs and this very cool looking tourmaline-ceramic-ionic round boar bristle brush since I am wearing my hair straight for the winter. I am gonna mix the conditioner with the ors and coconut oil for DCing. Oh I also got ORS creamy aloe shampoo to clarfy with. yeah I got excited in CVS a little lol. I'll let you know how it all works next thursday when I wash, DC, and restraighten

This week I washed with my Hair one Jojoba. I then conditioned with Aussie 3 minute Miracle. I applied Redken antisnap (trying to use it up) and then APhogee Keratin, afterwards I put a smidge of coconut oil in my palms rubbed my head got under the dryer for 15 minutes and braided it up under a wig cap and put my wig on! Ahhh I defeated the heat this week!

Just checking in! I've been rocking twists for the past three weeks. I just did another installment on Thursday night. So far so good. Although, I'm noticing that my ends tend to get tangled and knotty on occasion.

I need to try and remember to put oil on them before bed time. Aside from that, it's all good! :yep:

checking in... i've been wearing my braids for a week. feeling much better. :) you can see photos of my braids here.

i've only washed once so far, and my scalp felt pretty good. one of my biggest concerns is itching and getting the urge to scratch... i'm sure that will go away after 2 or 3 weeks once the braids don't feel so "new". i spray my hair with a moisturizing mix twice a week, and apply MT to my scalp once a week the night before shampooing with an anti-residue shampoo. first time i applied MT, my scalp was tingly like crazy! i applied it very sparingly too.

i hope i see good growth after this!

I pre-poo'd this morning with Burt's Bee Avocado Butter Treatment, clarified with ORS Creamy Aloe and DC'd with Alter Ego Garlic Treatment. I actually got off my lazy behind and rollerset even though I will be bunning. My NG feels like butta :yep:

Back