MBL 2010

Have you measured from the shoulders to the waist line. Because this looks really long to me. Just wondering. I measured last night and my shoulders to waist is 16 inches. It would be cool to know what others are?

No not yet, I will though. I tend to think that if I did that, BSL would be MBL on me. I wear my bras very low.

Ummmm........:look: It looks like you're inching your way to WL to me. I think you're already MBL.

:lol: Thanks - but that was my long piece! ;) My ends are a little thin and I have 3 months of stretching to go. I'd rather wait to see how much needs to get trimmed off before I claim it. ;)

I said this last year, but I've been working out 5x a week and eating very healthy (for the most part). I think I'm having another growth spurt, which is what happened the last time I committed to a healthy lifestyle. I think taking care of our insides as well as our hair is an unstoppable combination for growth. :yep:

:update:

Alright ladies, I am inching closer to my goal!

I am 9 weeks post and am stretching another 3 months for my 35th birthday. It would be awesome to make MBL for my birthday!!!! :woot:

Excuse my wild hair, I just came back from a run....:ohwell:

IMAGE_205.jpg

Dang your hair looks awesome for just having been for a run!! Btw you do look like you're inching towards WL.....congrats!

butterfly you need to get the hell outta this thread and take your asz to the WL one.
HUMPH

i'm hating :)

lol CONGRATS on your growth girl, you're waistlength in a minute!

but sidebar: do u run with your hair out loose like that? aren't you just asking for trouble!?

Why de hell my scalp itching when I made up my mind to relax tonight instead of tomorrow night :wallbash:

that makes sense.

Are you relaxed and colored?

Yes. :yep:

butterfly you need to get the hell outta this thread and take your asz to the WL one.
HUMPH

but sidebar: do u run with your hair out loose like that? aren't you just asking for trouble!?

:rofl: I loosely pin my hair up when it's down. I prefer to cowash and bun now that I'm more active but I like to wear my hair down for church so I enjoy it a few days before I put it back up. :look:

Why de hell my scalp itching when I made up my mind to relax tonight instead of tomorrow night :wallbash:

HATE THAT!!! :wallbash:

Okay so I just finished relaxing my hair and I am under the dryer DC'ing with ORS replenishing pak. If I can get my cousin to do it I will take some pics tonight, if not tomorrow will have to do God willing!!

Well my little rugrat cousin (official hair photographer) took this pic a few minutes ago....

Picture 023.jpg

trudging along....

Your hair is soo pretty exubah. I, too, am residing in Setback City. Per my avatar caption, I was on the fence about transitioning. I haven't touched my curl up since June & I had been wearing cornrows under a wig. Well because the cornrow style was ending in the same spot in my crown & that's my trouble area, I have spots where the chemical has broken completely off. My hair is thick so you can't tell but I went to my stylist for her to look & she told me that I need a major trim as well. I'm less than an inch from BSL but who knows where I will be after my appointment next week. I'm no longer a transitioner. I will be getting a touch-up on Wednesday. I'm so scared of how much length I'm going to lose.

Hey Ladies, I straightened tonight. Gonna leave it out for Valentine's Day. I put it up in knots after I flatironed. I was a little surprised that it felt kind of dry when I flat ironed. I have been babying my hair like crazy. So, any tips on how to flat iron and products to use while flatironing would be greatly appreciated. Oh, I will post pics in a little. My camera went dead when I tried to upload. I swear. LOL. HHG.

that makes sense.

Are you relaxed and colored?

Imma have to check out your reggie. I want some color sooo bad, but I'm soooo worried about my hair breaking off. :perplexed

Hey Ladies, I straightened tonight. Gonna leave it out for Valentine's Day. I put it up in knots after I flatironed. I was a little surprised that it felt kind of dry when I flat ironed. I have been babying my hair like crazy. So, any tips on how to flat iron and products to use while flatironing would be greatly appreciated. Oh, I will post pics in a little. My camera went dead when I tried to upload. I swear. LOL. HHG.

I washed on Saturday and straightened on Sunday using Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny line. I used the shampoo, conditioner, relaxing balm, and serum and my hair is like butta!!! Well, it feels a little dirty now, but it felt like butta when I first finished. :look: :lol:

I also got very straight results with my Sedu on 300. NO BURNING HAIR SMELL!!!! :yep: :yay:

I'm trimming this weekend to prevent a setback. Where the length of my hair is, the ends barely need dusting but my layers are another story, they need a major trim and they need to be evened out. I'm almost to BSB (as in bottom of my shoulder blade not necessarily below/ see NikkiGirl Above) and I plan on still making that goal by the end of march if I can do that then MBL by the end of 2010 really may be a possibility.

I got a relaxer this week and although my hair was full BSL (below bra strap), i got a major trim and now its BSB (~1in above BSL). I was growing out my layers and needed to even them out; the back ones are pretty much fully grown out, but i still have face framing layers which will take a while. I am happy with the health of my hair, even tho i lost a good 1.5 inches. I won't be trimming for the rest of the year, so hopefully I will have MBL by august and at least between MBL and WL by the end of the year. This trim really set me back, but my hair is filling out nicely and health comes first! :-D i'm excited to see my progress as the year goes on!

Last edited:
I got a relaxer this week and although my hair was full BSL (below bra strap), i got a major trim and now its BSB (~1in above BSL). I was growing out my layers and needed to even them out; the back ones are pretty much fully grown out, but i still have face framing layers which will take a while. I am happy with the health of my hair, even tho i lost a good 1.5 inches. I won't be trimming for the rest of the year, so hopefully I will have MBL by august and at least between MBL and WL by the end of the year. This trim really set me back, but my hair is filling out nicely and health comes first! :-D i'm excited to see my progress as the year goes on!

You definitely have my fullness goal in your siggy pic...........beautiful!!!!!

I think I need a trim. After my touch up in April, I will most likely be MBL but I will be trimming deeply because I didn't trim with my last relaxer.

I still need some protein treatments, which will be done next week

I've been maintaining and everything is going good. I apply BT to scalp & spritz, moisture and seal nightly.

HUMPH

lmbo!! Butterfly you're MBL already! haha!

I forgot to say that I dusted and my ends look better. I know that I still need to trim and I'll do it after my next wash.

so i recently trimmed my hair so that my bottom layer (and most of my hair) is all natural. and I am still past APL yay!
346mgbr.jpg

and here is the style i had it in for the last few days: a simple curly ponytail
106ncza.jpg

Very Very Pretty Black Hoya Chick!! I love the pony!

I trimmed but I did it myself so on the right side of my hair I have some piecey looking layers back there but I always have some sort of layers going on so I'm not worried about it. From the bottom layer I cut barely 1/2 inch so it's not much shorter probably a little shorter than my starting pic but that was in December so hopefully I'll grow it back and pass it up. Before friday's trim I was definitely full APL now, I'm grazing again but I desperately needed the trim. My goal now is to get to NikkiGirl's length by the end of April/May time frame so that way I can still make BSL over the summer.

I'm under my steamer dc'ing right now. I'm going to rinse with my ayurveda mixture then co-wash with my joico intense moisturizing condish. Then I'll just wet bun and put on my half wig (tammy). Then I'm going to take my daughter to dinner @ benihana, then we'll go to the movies and see avatar.

I just got a relaxer yesterday, I got a 1/2 inch trim nothing major. :) Not BSB according to my charts, will hopefully be there by June and MBL by December 2010. So I am taking this journey one day at a time and enjoying looking at you ladies progress pics, :) I will update my pictures in JUNE hoping to be atleast BSB.

i've decided to stretch and ps until april.....if i can make it, that is!

i really want to reach bsl by dec. 2010, so this is a tactic i think i'll have to use to reach that goal.

i can't keep my hands outta my hair, so not relaxing so fast (april will make 3 months) will "help" me to be forced to do a ps cuz i already cannot comb my roots unless they are wet (cuz of ng), and I DO NOT USE HEAT, so the only option is a ps.

i don't know how i'm gonna ps for 2 months......ugh! i already miss my hair....lol!

Right now I'm air-drying in a single plait after trying my new hair products from L'Occitane, the Aromachologie Repairing Shampoo and Mask that my SO got me for Valentine's Day amongst other things.

My hair feels awesome wet.......hopefully it'll be a homerun dry. I don't have any of my leave-ins with me that I normally use on my hair while it is wet so I'm going commando with this air-drying *fingers crossed*. When I'm about 80% dry I will use the only thing I brought with me on this trip....my NTM Silk Touch Leave-In.

Lord help if I fall in love with these L'Occitane products because my wallet will be cussing me out in the upcoming months!!!

Back