MBL 2010

Okay this is a little bit OT but I had to share it with someone that would understand. I had my first really vivid hair dream. It was so real I had to wake up & check my hair. LOL

I dreamed that my hair went from the length it is now to WL in a few months just from wearing cornrows & not taking them down. When I did take them down I went & got my hair flat ironed & was shocked at how long it had gotten. Stretched, some of the strands were touching my butt.

My hair was sooo soft to the touch. I was trying to encourage other women at the beauty parlor - telling them all they had to do was cornrow their hair up & leave it alone.
Maybe the dream was just confirmation that I'm doing the right thing with my hair now.

If my dream was any indication of what's to come, I sure can't wait!

Hi Exubah:wave:,
How do you like the Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Treatment, is it very moisturizing, also how long have you been using it and on a scale of 1-5 what would you rate it, sorry for the questions but I've been wanting to try it for some time. TIA

Sorry I'm just now getting to this but for some reason I overlooked this post. I absolutely love Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Treatment and would give it a 5.5/5. I have been using it off and on for several years now (off when I was unable to locate it). In fact one of my aunts have fallen in love with it after I got her one a few years ago.....she claims that it has helped tremendously with her shedding, I agree.

It does not have much slip in my opinion and I find you have to rub it very well between your hands to be able to apply to wet hair. However, I find that it does soften my NG and helps with detangling. It's a staple in my book!!

I'm just happy that I found out about a couple of years ago that Whole Foods carry it (I hated ordering it online) because all the other spots I use to get it in South Florida have stopped carrying it.

Okay this is a little bit OT but I had to share it with someone that would understand. I had my first really vivid hair dream. It was so real I had to wake up & check my hair. LOL

I dreamed that my hair went from the length it is now to WL in a few months just from wearing cornrows & not taking them down. When I did take them down I went & got my hair flat ironed & was shocked at how long it had gotten. Stretched, some of the strands were touching my butt.

My hair was sooo soft to the touch. I was trying to encourage other women at the beauty parlor - telling them all they had to do was cornrow their hair up & leave it alone.
Maybe the dream was just confirmation that I'm doing the right thing with my hair now.

If my dream was any indication of what's to come, I sure can't wait!

I had a similar dream when I started my hair journey!:lachen:
My hair went from shoulder length to APL in my dream and I was just casually showing one of my friends (non-Black friend)!
Then she went "wow" your hair has grown!
I was so pleased with that dream. If she could see me now with BSL hair!
Nevermind. i'll wait till WL! He he!

Checking in:
I tried co-washing a bit more.....not for me in the winter!
Instead I shall stick to tea rinses a few times a week and DCing followed by a clarifying co-wash (with baking soda mixed in - did I mention I got more baking soda today? yay!:clap:)
I also decided to continue this stretch for 2 years minimum........
Yes, I'm transitioning.... :woot: all that Youtube stalking of Naturals and the lovely ladies on here have got me thinking, I WOULD like to see my thicker natural curls (or kinks)!
I've been relaxed since 6 years old (yes, 6 years old :perplexed) and I would like to see what God put on my head.:rolleyes: Furthermore, i saw a Fotki that clinched it for me:
http://members.fotki.com/lifesacatwalk/about/
She transitioned for 2 yrs and 3.5 months to get her hair to the length she wanted before chopping. That's what I plan to do, by God's grace.
I've learnt through stretching up to 6 months at a time, to look after the demarcation line so that should help ALOT!
Wish me luck ladies!

Hellooo, checking in. I have been wearing protective styles for the past two days. I can honestly say I see a difference with my ends. I basically moisturized, sealed, and did the protective style. My ends are a lot smoother and nt as bad as I initially thought. I have a hair appointment tues. I will update on how it goes.

BSB=Bottom Shoulder Blade

7 months post - I'm transitioning, too. (I think.):look:

Okay, is it just me or does this look like MBL?

Iono really. It's -just- below my bra strap even after the trim and I figure wl and mbl are just about close on my short torso'd self. :lachen:

I certainly don't feel like I have all that much hair so I'm gonna run with it's still at bsl. lol

Last edited:
Thanks Exubah, for the review...I'm going to pick it up probably this weekend. I googled reviews on it last night and they were favorable to the product...and your review is icing on the cake.

It's my wash night and I'm feeling pretty lazy, been in the streets all day and now I'm tired...I'm about to go apply JBCO to my hair so I can sit under the dryer, and get it over with.

Checking in: I'm doing yarn braids in my hair. I started Thursday evening and I'm still not finished. I plan on keeping them in for about 2 1/2 to 3 months and just redo the edges. I'm gonna moisturize daily, and wash weekly, and dc.

I want to join this. Im trying to reach MBL by Dec. I just relaxed my hair and will try to stretch for the rest of the year.

I will DC weekly rotating with protein and moisture.
Protective styling after next week.
wash weekly
moisturize daily with Wave nouveau finishing lotion sealing with evoo

Thats about it

Just bumping this up a little......

There are a couple of other challenges I joined this year and the one's I'm really excited about that I think will help me with this challenge are the Castor Oil and Bootcamp (1 session) challenges.

Anyone else been scoping out/ joining other 2010 challenges that will hopefully get them to MBL or beyond this year???

Oh yeah, and btw :morepics: j/k I did say you do not have to post pics :look:

Bootcamp, Winter Bun, Castor Oil and the Water Challenge I believe. And I'm hoping the challenge New Year New Me benefits my hair too.

This is also my favorite challenge. I'm really going to put eveything I have into making this goal. I joined the bootcamp challenge and the vitamin challenge. If I make myself keep up with my workouts, 5 a week, and stay at the 2Ls I should make it. I'm just paranoid about setbacks. I'm about to go broke so I can by my hairveda conditioners.

I'm in the Super Healthy Ends challenge and the 4-month Ayurveda challenge. Which reminds me, I need to go throw some hair butter on my ends and do a tea rinse :lick:

I'm ashamed to say how many challenges I'm in:
*MBL
*Bootcamp - all 4 sessions
*Braid 01/10-01/11
*Transitioning w/o BC-ing
*JBCO 02/10-05/10

Well the JBCO challenge hasn't started yet, but so far I've been doing all of these on my own since the beginning of November when I began cornrowing under a wig. If I stay focused I should come out successful with them all.

This is my favorite challenge, too, because it's about setting/meeting a goal as well as cheering on other ladies that are doing the same thing.

I am determined to meet MBL this year, I've told myself that whatever it takes I'm willing to do. Challenges I've joined are::

*Water
*Braids
*Didn't join the JBCO, but I've been giving myself a hot oil treatment 2x a week with it, since the beginning of this year, I am going to continue with this until the end of the year.
*Didn't join the DC challenge either, but I've been doing it 2x a wk as well and will continue this for the rest of the year.
*Taking Chlorella and exercising 5x a week, and juicing green everymorning.

** Only 1 heat pass this year**:pray:

I'm in the Castor Oil, Bootcamp, Rollersetting, and the DC challenge. I take my vitamins everyday, so I didn't join that one. I actually use JBCO mixture 2-3x a week, but joined anyway. The challenge that I should NOT have joined was the Rollersetting challenge. I am not good at rollersetting. :nono:

I washed this past Saturday and deep conditioned, I think my hair doesn't need as much deep conditioning time using my sulfate free shampoo's so I will reduce it to 1 hour instead of 2.

:)

i'm hiding my hair with sew-ins. Moisturizing three times a week. Trimming every six months. Working out four times a week and drinking lots of water. Let's see how that works.

I'm hiding my hair for the next 2 to 3 months with yarn braids that I did. It took me forever to do them, but I am glad that I did.

Here's my regimen while in braids:
  • Moisturize daily to twice a day. I have been using V05 moisture milks with water in a spray bottle. So far so good; I used this before when wearing half wigs.
  • Spray with Chi Keratin Mist twice a week.
  • Spritz with Ayurveda tea daily to every other day.
  • Wash weekly to every 10 days and deep condition over night.
  • Redo the edges every 3 weeks to monthly.
  • Sleep in a satin cap.
http://public.fotki.com/kbaw/2010/protective-and-low-/yarn-braidsgenie-locs/

Update: I trimmed my hair a week ago, but I dropped my phone in the toilet, so I lost all my pics. Over the weekend I washed, deep conditioned, and twisted my hair. I will try to post my length check today.

My Regimen:
Wash once a week with MOP C-Hydration, DC with MOP Extreme Moisture, Lekair Cholesterol, Aphogee 2 minute, Cantu LI and Castor oil/Shea butter. Moisturize with water and baggie at night.

Supplements:
Chlorella, Spurilina, MSM, Acidophilus, Flax Seed oil. I would like to add Vitamin D and Maca Root.

going to have to lay off the heat. It has been too cold to air dry and I have enjoyed only washing once a week but the straighten process is not good for my ends. I wish I could rollerset but in the past this has lead to more breakage than blow drying. Any thought roller setting gurus out there?

I dusted throughout my layers today. One piece I cut off way too much hair, probably an inch or so. But since its not in the length, I guess it doesn't matter. I shouldn't dust when I'm sleepy.

Anywho, I'm APL now and I don't know if its because I rollerset, or if its because I'm almost 6' tall but it just seems like APL really means SL. I can't functionally see the difference between the 2 lengths. In order to realistically measure achieve my goal of MBL I'm aiming for BSB by the end of the first quarter than BSL by the end of the 2nd. I can't wait to get to BSL maybe then I'll be able to feel like I have long hair. At MBL I'm gonna get a cute haircut, reshape my layers and maybe color, I'm gonna rock the mess outta my MBL hair while I maintain.

Was super duper lazy last night and went to bed without doing my nighttime hair routine. Definitely saw the differnce this morning:nono: About to cowash with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration, do my very first hot oil treatment :grin:, then do two braids to airdry overnight. I'm in the bun challenge so in the morning it'll be styled in a bun.

Debating whether or not I should get my hair straightened so that I can get my ends trimmed if they need it so that I can see what I'm really working with. Hmmmm.

Zartavia I started doing hot oil treatments the beginning of this year and I love it. It is changing the condition of my scalp, which use to feel extremely dry.

Zartavia I started doing hot oil treatments the beginning of this year and I love it. It is changing the condition of my scalp, which use to feel extremely dry.

I really liked it! So did my hair apparantly. I think I worked too slow though because the oil started to cool down by the time I got to the right side of my head.

Sunday I washed w sulfate free shampoo, DC over night w matrix biolage ultra moisturizing balm. Paul Mitchell the conditioner, Redken anti snap, HE none of your frizzness, and a little biosilk all mixed together in my hand as a leave in. Sealed with coconut oil.

Today I co washed w/ HE LTR and DC for an hour w/ no heat w/ Matrix Biolage, applied my leave ins:redken anti snap, frizz creme, Paul Mitchell the conditiner and biosilk. Now I'm waiting for it to air dry and rub some Jane Carter Nourish & Shine all over.

Back