MBL 2010

^^^ Girl I threw mine out about 4yrs ago and never looked back. It was rough for the first 6mos and I think my son was having withdrawls:lachen:. Replaced it with a conventional oven, so he's adjusted :yep:.

Is the Conventional Oven better than the Microwave? do they do the same thing? What made you switch?

Is the Conventional Oven better than the Microwave? do they do the same thing? What made you switch?

A conventional oven is a regular oven like the one attached to your stove. I use that as well as a toaster oven. The toaster oven heats up quicker.

Microwaves spew loads of radiation (as do most cell phones). IMO, food tastes better when heated/reheated the conventional way. Of course the downside is that it takes longer to get the job done with the conventional way. The radiation as well as taste was what made me switch.

Now if I could remember to order one of those radiation chips for my cell phone, I'd be in business.

Sorry for the late response, I'm just now seeing this. A conventional oven is a counter top version of an oven. It basically does everything a regular oven does.

I switched because I had read an article about mircowaves and radiation that disturbed me. I wanted to limit our exposure to it, I got rid of other things as well.

A conventional oven is a regular oven like the one attached to your stove. I use that as well as a toaster oven. The toaster oven heats up quicker.

Microwaves spew loads of radiation (as do most cell phones). IMO, food tastes better when heated/reheated the conventional way. Of course the downside is that it takes longer to get the job done with the conventional way. The radiation as well as taste was what made me switch.

Now if I could remember to order one of those radiation chips for my cell phone, I'd be in business.

ITA with everything you said.

Checking in! I've been keeping my hair in cornrows for the past 2 weeks. I redid them individually last night after using Giovanni TTT shampoo and protein infusion deep conditioner. I also used giovanni deeper moisture. I cowash with my conrnrows in. I'm about 10weeks post, but i have some good new growth!

Checkin in: I'm in the midst of a bit of a setback right now, but by next week I'll have trimmed the godawful ends off and will see where I stand. I'm sure by the end of the year I'll make it to full MBL even with a setback. I'll continue with weekly washing/DC/airdrying/maxigliding until summer hits and see how it goes. I'd like to be MBL by July or August...

Well, I will be relaxing on 2/10/10 God willing so I am using my Aveda Damage Remedy Line this weekend.......poo, condish and treatment.

Checkin in: I'm in the midst of a bit of a setback right now, but by next week I'll have trimmed the godawful ends off and will see where I stand. I'm sure by the end of the year I'll make it to full MBL even with a setback. I'll continue with weekly washing/DC/airdrying/maxigliding until summer hits and see how it goes. I'd like to be MBL by July or August...

I'm sorry to hear about the setback Whimsy, hopefully it's a minor one. I'm still trying to recover from mine :ohwell:.......happened last year.

I've cornrowed half of my hair. After I cornrow the other half I'm going to began using BT on my scalp only. I'll also incorporate aloe vera juice, rose water and glycerin spritz as a moisturizer. I've been using ORS carrot oil and castor oil on my ends nightly.

Aww Whimsy sorry that you're experiencing a setback. I'm also experiencing one because, I have a protein overload. I'm not worried because, I know how to correct it. I have to trim as well, I'll do that with my next wash. I think the key is knowing how to correct the problem and then just being consistent. We both should be able to still reach our goal of full mbl.

Question...not trying to highjack the thread, but...what is the difference between BSL and MBL? Would MBL be longer than BSL? When I think of the middle of my back...I guess that I think of my bra strap...I'm sure that I'm confused...T.I.A.

I'm sorry to hear about the setback Whimsy, hopefully it's a minor one. I'm still trying to recover from mine :ohwell:.......happened last year.

Thanks...yeah setbacks suck, how are you handling yours?

Aww Whimsy sorry that you're experiencing a setback. I'm also experiencing one because, I have a protein overload. I'm not worried because, I know how to correct it. I have to trim as well, I'll do that with my next wash. I think the key is knowing how to correct the problem and then just being consistent. We both should be able to still reach our goal of full mbl.

We will!!! And good for you for knowing how to spot and correct the problem! My fingers are crossed for us both lol

Question...not trying to highjack the thread, but...what is the difference between BSL and MBL? Would MBL be longer than BSL? When I think of the middle of my back...I guess that I think of my bra strap...I'm sure that I'm confused...T.I.A.

For me, MBL is a little lower than BSL. For many people it may be the same depending on where they wear their bras (for some, APL = BSL lol so it's individual) BSL for me is the equivalent of BSB (Below Shoulder Blade) and mid back falls in between BSB and WL.

(these are just MY measurements, due to my height and where I wear my bra and where my shoulderblades are)

I had this question too, because I took some pictures of my back with my hair up and noticed I wear my brastrap low. So I will be judging by BSB(think that stands for below shoulder blades) and when I get to the top of my bra strap it will be MBL for me. I guess it just depends on how your bra sits. I also think it has something to do with height. I am 5'3 and my apl and bsb are not very far apart.

I had this question and there were other members that also have brastraps at midback. Hope this helps.

This should help. BSL should be about where your nipple is and MBL should be right under your breasts. My bra band falls where MBL should be for me. I claim BSL now. When my hair gets to the bottom of my bra band, I'll be MBL.

hairchart.jpg

I tried a new relaxer from Optimum last year (I think it was the Bodifying-Mild Relaxer :wallbash: :nono:) and my hair at the front edges, especially my temples started coming out in clumps!!! It was awful!! Had a lot of all over shedding as well.

My recovery efforts involved/s applying JBCO to my roots, low manipulation (limiting the combing and stopping the rollersetting for a couple of months). I continued/ am continuing with my bunning as a PS and definitely keeping up with the DC'ing, light protein treatments and henna + indigo.

I am not satisfied with my hair's density as yet but my edges and temples have definitely improved since that fiasco :yep:!

It's a work in progress....

Thanks Ms Twana, Nikki Girl, and Whimsy...I get it now. I'm 5'8'', so it is a bit relative. However, the visual really helped me to understand where I want to be. Thanks again!!!

Checking In...Clarified today, also did a protein treatment, currently sitting under the dryer DC'ing. Will bun under half wig

I tried a new relaxer from Optimum last year (I think it was the Bodifying-Mild Relaxer :wallbash: :nono:) and my hair at the front edges, especially my temples started coming out in clumps!!! It was awful!! Had a lot of all over shedding as well.

My recovery efforts involved/s applying JBCO to my roots, low manipulation (limiting the combing and stopping the rollersetting for a couple of months). I continued/ am continuing with my bunning as a PS and definitely keeping up with the DC'ing, light protein treatments and henna + indigo.

I am not satisfied with my hair's density as yet but my edges and temples have definitely improved since that fiasco :yep:!

It's a work in progress....

YAY for improvement!!! I'm glad your efforts are working!!!

I got a trim and my ends are looking much better and they feel a lot better too. I'll make mid back, i'm sure of it!

Well you won't be doin any cryin cuz you're almost there!!! Is that last siggie pic where you currently are lengthwise? Cuz you're gunna be MBL soon too!!! :yep:

Thank you! Yeah that was my last photo taken 2 months post. I have trimmed quite alot sense then but I have retired my scissors...I should be ok though. I have 2 -3 inches newgrowth and my last relaxer Oct 20,2009. Havent decided if I will stretch til April or June. I am aiming for June 1st- as my anniversary is June 12th.

Thank you! Yeah that was my last photo taken 2 months post. I have trimmed quite alot sense then but I have retired my scissors...I should be ok though. I have 2 -3 inches newgrowth and my last relaxer Oct 20,2009. Havent decided if I will stretch til April or June. I am aiming for June 1st- as my anniversary is June 12th.

Oh shoot girl you're almost there fa real!!! That sounds like one helluva stretch! You're gunna see some mega length!

I guess I haven't checked in since I joined in December. :ohwell:

I've been DCing with heat for at least 30 minutes every week. It's become routine for me now. I flat ironed my hair yesterday. I normally wear it in a twistie bun with an occassional braid out. I think I'll try a bantu knot out next week.

:update:

Alright ladies, I am inching closer to my goal!

I am 9 weeks post and am stretching another 3 months for my 35th birthday. It would be awesome to make MBL for my birthday!!!! :woot:

Excuse my wild hair, I just came back from a run....:ohwell:

IMAGE_205.jpg

I am 9 weeks post and am stretching another 3 months for my 35th birthday. It would be awesome to make MBL for my birthday!!!! :woot:

IMAGE_205.jpg

Have you measured from the shoulders to the waist line. Because this looks really long to me. Just wondering. I measured last night and my shoulders to waist is 16 inches. It would be cool to know what others are?

IMAGE_205.jpg

Ummmm........:look: It looks like you're inching your way to WL to me. I think you're already MBL.

Back