Marrying a White Man for Hair

I may get stoned for this, but in a way, I can almost see why a white female (for the sake of argument) would want brown-skinned, curly-headed babies. In what other race can you find curly hair? Seriously. Soooo, if you wanted that feature, then you'd have to procreate with someone of African descent.

I'm speaking strictly regarding the "purist" form of curls and coils. Not the current mix we see in the world today. I obviously know there are PLENTY people she could procreate with, but I'm just speaking in terms of curly hair in the purist form.

That's because it's colorless and looks like dry wheat or corn. I don't want my hair to be the color of vegetables . :lol:

:look: I'm so glad to know it's not just me. ROFL I'll love my child no matter how they come out, but I really hope that they look a lot like me, especially if it's a girl. I've always wanted a little girl that looks like ME! Whatever I have one day, and whatever they look like though, I'll just be happy that they're healthy...I still hope that they look like me. :rofl:

You thought you were the only one? Man I thought I was alone in this. I love my black hair so much that I'm considering using black hair rinses to make it blacker. Against black clothes it starts to look brownish, which makes me want to start tossing products. But it'll fight the temptation. I don't know what dye would do to my hair. I want my little girl to look a lot like me, especially with the big brown eyes, cute cheeks, and dimples.

But nothing would break my heart faster than my daughter speaking like Hilary from Fresh Prince of Bel Air, dropping out of college and hooking up with a wanna be gangster with four felonies that whines about the ills of the white man. :perplexed She says she's keeping it real. (The worst part is I KNOW girls like this!!) I know she doesn't have to be blonde, but it's an irrational image I had for a while.

Yeah, if I had any girl we'd have a serious talk.

Really???? You never noticed the occurrence of extremely light-skinned black people purposely seeking out dark-skinned mates? Or white women who exclusively date black men?

One of my white childhood friends just loves that her daughter is bi-racial (mixed with black). She only dates black men, even though she has friends of all races.

It must be just my luck that most of the light-skinned people I have encountered desired mates as light or lighter than them to preserved the light skin color of the family like a modern-day Blue Vein society. Maybe it's because I grew up in Georgia. :ohwell:

It must be just my luck that most of the light-skinned people I have encountered desired mates as light or lighter than them to preserved the light skin color of the family like a modern-day Blue Vein society. Maybe it's because I grew up in Georgia. :ohwell:

Softblackcotton, what does growing up in Georgia have to do with it?

[/QUOTE]

I have however never met a person in africa think like this:perplexed!

I honestly believe this is because African peoples are the most diverse, beautiful, and exotic people on earth. :yep:

But of course, everyone is beautiful in their own way

Last edited:
Softblackcotton, what does growing up in Georgia have to do with it?

It just seems to me that black people in GA or The South Eastern U.S. in general are slightly more color-struck than other parts of the country. And yes it has had an effect on me. Growing up, I was told many times that should not marry a dark-skinned black man because the kids would be too black and have "nappy" hair. Most of my other dark-skinned females friends/family/associates have also heard the same things. So it isn't a wonder why some black women will think this way.

Last edited:
Idk, marrying a white guy so somebody else's hair can look a certain way seems like too much trouble for some hair thats not gonna be on my head.

To each his own though.

Now this is a lie. My nautural takes me less time and products than my relaxed hair ever did, and its grown a lot longer. I'm as low maintenance as they come. We need to call it what it is. Not wanting to learn a necessary skill.

Thats for you, not me. I have a very tight random coily zigzag growth pattern that is a pain to comb through.

Just because its easy for you to manage your natural hair doesn't mean EVERYONE has that same experience. Like I said I earlier in the thread there are really good tips on here but I don't care to invest so much time and effort to manage my hair.

yes I have. There was no point in me being natural because I was just fighting my natural texture to wear it in a way that I felt was suitable for my face shape.

You thought you were the only one? Man I thought I was alone in this. I love my black hair so much that I'm considering using black hair rinses to make it blacker.

Me too! When I was a girl and used to read about hair the blue black of a raven's wing, I'd just sit there and mull over that sentence for a while. I did dye it black once, and I liked it, but now that I'm "post-chemicals" I'm not sure what I'd use.

Me too! When I was a girl and used to read about hair the blue black of a raven's wing, I'd just sit there and mull over that sentence for a while. I did dye it black once, and I liked it, but now that I'm "post-chemicals" I'm not sure what I'd use.

I've very tempted to research this. I keep hearing about Henna, but I hear that hardens the hair. I like my hair SOFT so I guess that's out. But there must be some sort of hair dye that works without altering my nice soft texture. I'm getting more grays so I need to find something soon. Sigh...

frida1980 I found this recipe, perhaps using it, Nettle Tea and Peach pit will get rid of grey and hopefully LHCF will provide a natural black hair dye recipe!

I got sick last month and noticed a couple of more grays after that. I think one or two reverted back though.

Covering Grey Hair - Hair Dye Recipe

I make a strong 'tea' of Sage and a bit of Rosemary, strain it and refrigerate it, and before I wash my hair, I spray it on the base of the grey patches of hair, even have massaged it in. leave it for 5 - ten minutes and then wash as usual, and care for my hair as I normally do. After a few weeks of this (I do this almost daily), the grey is disappearing.

After using the sage the normal coloring returns to the hair. It is not a 'color-change' shocker, and it softens and allows me to control the curls, and the amount of grey. I have used this through the years and it has never damaged my hair. I stop using it and the grey gradually returns and it is even pretier than the time before.

frida1980 I found this recipe, perhaps using it, Nettle Tea and Peach pit will get rid of grey and hopefully LHCF will provide a natural black hair dye recipe!

I got sick last month and noticed a couple of more grays after that. I think one or two reverted back though.

Covering Grey Hair - Hair Dye Recipe

I make a strong 'tea' of Sage and a bit of Rosemary, strain it and refrigerate it, and before I wash my hair, I spray it on the base of the grey patches of hair, even have massaged it in. leave it for 5 - ten minutes and then wash as usual, and care for my hair as I normally do. After a few weeks of this (I do this almost daily), the grey is disappearing.

After using the sage the normal coloring returns to the hair. It is not a 'color-change' shocker, and it softens and allows me to control the curls, and the amount of grey. I have used this through the years and it has never damaged my hair. I stop using it and the grey gradually returns and it is even pretier than the time before.

Does it color your hair or does it stimulate the follicles so that it starts growing out your original color?

In the meanwhile, I finding more articles about henna and how it can be soft. Hmm...

Hmmm not sure. I'll try it and let you know! :D

Let me know what you find! I'd love to have a natural softening dye as an option.

Do you know how many mixed raced people I know with type 4 hair?? Hair even more difficult to deal with than non mixed black people. People are so simple I swear. I always love the ignorant black people in NY who say that they're gonna have a kid with a Puerto Rican/Dominican so that their kids could have "good hurr" PSH! Many of them have nappy a*s hair like or even more so than most black people I know.

People are too damn much. I always gleam with joy when I see people's children after they say some foolishness like that. It's a damn curse for being so friggin ignorant!

This is something I definitely heard why growing up and it wasn't just black women either. I think hair issues may be worst than skin care issues. "Good Hair" trumps unattactiveness in some circles.

It just seems to me that black people in GA or The South Eastern U.S. in general are slightly more color-struck than other parts of the country. And yes it has had an effect on me. Growing up, I was told many times that should not marry a dark-skinned black man because the kids would be too black and have "nappy" hair. Most of my other dark-skinned females friends/family/associates have also heard the same things. So it isn't a wonder why some black women will think this way.

Maybe my family and friends in Georgia and South Carolina were the exception because I did not grow up this way at all. It always amazes me when people talk about the tone of each others skin as if it matters in making you a good or bad person.

I have a cousin with 3B "good" hair and it's a nightmare to deal with. I spent 1 and 1/2 hours deal tangling it the quick way!!! Finger detangling was impossible! I think I'll take some pics so I can discourage anyone that wants to produce "good haired" kids.

Back